Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah, buzz was in 4 but had kind of surprisingly little screen time. He was mostly relegated to the b-plot. I think a dead Don Rickels got almost as many lines. This one might be different since they wrote woody off in the last one, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Oh, so an alien. Timeline works out though.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It's hard to identify where exactly it goes from "I understand something's not right with me, I know I'm going to have to be done working soon but I want to get much in while I can to support myself and my family" to exploiting someone but I feel like if you're able to act you're probably aware enough to make that decision for yourself.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Asterite34 posted:

Christopher Tolkien finally died

Chris Tolkien also hated the Jackson movies, so it's not like he wanted them to be the one true cinematic adaptation even when he was alive.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Martman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2cdSdlXBrw&t=120s

This scene, including Christopher Lambert playing gandalf

So Frank Welker as Dr. Claw as Sauron?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The first is not really good except compared to the sequels. The sequels are among the worst movies connected to Stephen King.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Neo Rasa posted:

Yeah the starts out kind of good but then it's like okay maybe this will get good and then nothing happens. But it is truly a classic when compared to the sequels lol

There are so many made for TV King movies and King adaptations in general, kind of wish we were getting new Maximum Overdrives regularly instead of now what, 14 Children of the Corn flicks?

I think there was a made for TV version called "Trucks." I feel safe assuming it was very bad.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Alan Smithee posted:

welp sizemore is dead

*sighs more*

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah, to paraphrase myself from another thread, Sizemore was so good at playing disgusting pieces of poo poo because he fuckin lived it.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Gatts posted:

Best thing Disney+ has is their original classic animation and Nat Geo

Bluey would like to ask, "how very dare you?"

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Martman posted:

Turns out it takes place in 1965

Is this the theme song?
https://youtube.com/watch?v=yPNFVj-pISU&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Chairman Capone posted:

I'm honestly surprised they haven't done a live action Family Guy gag yet. Even Simpsons at least had the Halloween gag of Homer in the real world pretty early on.

Isn't he a chud? I know he did an interview pretty recently about both refusing to apologize for Family Guy insulting people and also complaining about how the show makes fun of Christians.

I think there was a gag like that in the original run, Peter talks about doing acid and things getting "way too real."

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Or Rainn Wilson, who was on 3 funny seasons of a 9 season show and decided that means he's enough of an authority to write a book about how America needs to embrace God and holiness to heal.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

AceOfFlames posted:

I still find it hilarious that the last straw for him was finding out he was older than Tanya Roberts' mother. IIRC he wanted to leave for a while but that being the thing that made him go "no, seriously, gently caress THIS" makes me laugh.

Timby posted:

Roger Moore was horrified when he found out that not only was he older than Tanya Roberts, he was older than her mother, and he asked to be released from his contract so a more age-appropriate star could be cast. The producers flat-out turned him down.

Roberts may have told Moore that her mother was younger than him, but it looks like it wasn't true - best as I can figure she was born around 1923 and Moore was born in '27. Roberts I think claimed to have been born 6 years later than she actually was though, so I could see her just bumping everything back and saying her mom was born in 1929.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
"Oh thank god, I'm actually 4 years younger than her mother! Well I guess it's time to do a few more of these then!"

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

I really like the idea of Nic Cage as Dracula but Renfield looks like rear end.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The director's only other features are Robot Chicken Star Wars 3, The Lego Batman Movie, and The Tomorrow War.

edit Jesus Christ, written by a guy whose only make credits are season 5 of Community and Rick and Morty, from a story by the creator of The Walking Dead

Baron von Eevl fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Mar 22, 2023

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Here's an incredibly poorly-timed article slashfilm put up yesterday.

https://www.slashfilm.com/1238952/2023-is-the-year-of-jonathan-majors-but-most-people-havent-seen-his-best-performance-yet/

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I liked The Menu enough and thought it started really strong but it turned into a different movie than the one I was expecting and it just kinda bummed me out.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
"I was his body guard, buy which I mean I was not his body guard, and he fired me for looking him in the eye, by which I mean I was fired and also had looked at him."

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Casimir Radon posted:

At one point Dreamworks thought they’d be up to Shrek 8 by about 10 years ago. Then people got sick of it and they finally went and did something else. I guess they’re working on a 5th one though. From what I’ve heard people were actually really positive on their last Puss in Boots movie.

The new Puss In Boots is okay but very derivative. You can tell that they saw Spiderverse during pre-production and decided to just do all the action sequences like that for some reason.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Pain and Gain, but that was probably the last time he did it.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I liked Midsommar but "Ari Aster mimicking Charlie Kaufman" is a pitch scientifically designed to make me never see a movie.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Alan Smithee posted:

Wondering if it has naked boomers in it because his other two have me convinced he’s Tarantino for naked boomers

Honestly not far off from Charlie Kaufman either.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Godzilla vs Gojira (the band, not the Japanese name of Godzilla)

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Tars Tarkas posted:

quote:

Steven Spielberg — SyFi Channel miniseries Taken

lol

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I loved G14, hated KotM, and was lukewarm on K:SI. Never saw GvK because I didn't like the trajectory they were taking.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Not even King Kong is as big as a first gen xbox.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Never thought I'd say this but this is too much loving dracula.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
For a good cheap bonkers Dracula movie you could watch Old Dracula aka Vampira. Dracula is very old and wants to revive his wife so he invites a bunch of playboy bunnies to his castle so he can give his wife their blood. Since one of the bunnies is black his wife turns black, so he tries to cure her of her blackness. I'm not making this up. Anyway if you want to hear Dracula say "black is beautiful" and also see David Niven in blackface this is the movie for you.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Speaking of digital dick erasure, I remember some set photos of Toby Maguire from the set of spider man 2 leaked and his cock was extremely visible in the tights.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Lid posted:

Wayne Worlds 2 yeah this is just bait.

The worst thing about Wayne's World 2 is that Wayne's World had about 40% of the jokes already. In a vacuum it's a great movie and all the stuff that's new is fantastic. Walken is so good, James Hong is kicking rear end as always, and the roadie is a really fun character.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It's honestly not far off from the Netflix model as it is.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Also I'm not sure Perlman is willing to go through one of those shoots again.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

FlamingLiberal posted:

Sounds like the reviews for Indiana Jones 5 are pretty poor

Can't say I'm surprised, as now Spielberg isn't directing and Harrison Ford is just too old. Also it sounds like the opening sequence where they de-age Ford doesn't look very good.

I know people around here love Logan but Mangold is a loving terrible director. When one of his movies isn't terrible it's because it's saved by the cast.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
My first thought was oh poo poo that sucks, my second thought was "wait he was only 58?"

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Remember when Fran Drescher got fake-married to that guy that claims he invented email and that COVID is a vitamin deficiency?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

kalel posted:

drescher's been through some poo poo and fought for a lot of good causes, so she can have just a little covid denialism, as a treat

Eh supposedly they split up in 2016 so she may not have been a COVID denier, she was just briefly (fake) married to a guy who's the kind of dipshit to pretend he invented email and also deny COVID.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
There's a good bit in Bruce Campbell's commentary for the first Evil Dead where he's pointing out when a scene jumps back and forth between the states and years it was shot in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Samurai Cop isn't because they were doing reshoots, the lead just got a haircut halfway through production and it never occurred to him that he probably shouldn't do that.