Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
A remixed version of it is in there towards the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Haha, got the COVID misinformation warning, even on the embed of this tweet

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Looks like Italian Meet The Fockers.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Saw Peter Strickland introduce Berbarian Sound Studio a few months ago, and then Flux Gourmet the next night. He sounded pretty down on creating any more films as it's getting harder and harder to get the financing, and so easier and simpler to make money script writing.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
You've got to have a good break after Oppenheimer before the Barbie palette cleanser.

I looked into seeing Oppy on 15/70 IMAX a second time after seeing it on opening day, but out of the three screens in the UK showing it in that format, all of them are sold out for the next month (excluding maybe the 2-3 worst seats).

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Gibson was also a surprise character in Father Stu with Mark Wahlberg, which made a bad film even worse (his partner wrote/directed it).

Why's Alfred being played by Jude Law's character in A.I.?

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Well at least he was killed off in Dune Part 1 and we don't have to deal with him in Part 2.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Bentkey, a name that screams "suitable YouTube channel for kids"

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Mission Impossible 8: Ilsa Was Then Trasferred to a Better Hospital Where Doctors Upgraded Her Condition to Alive Reckoning

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play

Feldegast42 posted:

Yeah that's my big turnoff from going to see it, if it was like an hour shorter it would be a shoe in to go tonight but you can fit a whole LotR movie in its runtime with room to spare.

It's five minutes longer than RotK, but feels much shorter.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
It seems like from Grann's Wikipedia biography that he actually started his journalistic career from the bottom, it doesn't appear that he got handed a plum at the New Yorker right out of college. And he's now had two books adapted with a third on its way.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
I believe she also made (in the US at least) a distribution deal with AMC directly to show the tour film in cinemas, as regular distributors wanted too much of a cut - so she got more money out of it, and AMC also got a much larger share than they do for a regular film.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play

Professor Shark posted:

Why was there an orgy on Mars

What else are you gonna do there? I'm also in the Ad Astra fan club, though I do need to watch it a second time. One thing that did take me out was Natasha Lyonne suddenly appearing out of nowhere for one scene.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
The pilot episode of Stargate SG-1 featured female full front nudity.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
What's the plot of the new Hunger Games film anyway? I thought it was going to be about the first ever Games but from the trailer it seems like it's been going on for years and it's just about the younger version of Donald Sutherland's character - why should we care about him again?

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
The agent discovering Susan Sarandon is politically active must have been in a coma for 30 years. And The Bikeriders is good, and considering the stacked cast it's insane Disney don't want to give it a theatrical release.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
I see after the success of Barbie, Robbie's back to being wasted in bad films again.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
These kind of reactions to a spoilered plot point is actually making me want to go and see Argyle.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
One of the first characters in the TENET organisation that the Protagonist meets literally tells the audience that they shouldn't care too much about the science of it.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
J Jonah Jameson: Origins is a down to earth 10-episode series on Disney+ that ends with a massive CGI battle destroying an entire city block.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Speaking of William Fichtner, I saw a beautiful 35mm print of Contact recently, and mistook Fichtner's character in the film as being played by James Woods. Well, who should turn up later in the film than... James Woods, playing an appropriately greasy senator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Marty's next next film, after his upcoming Life of Jesus, is supposed to be a Frank Sinatra biopic starring Leonardo Di Caprio. Which is interesting news, as I had thought his next one was going to be The Wager, based on David Grann's book. I wonder if he reckons the Sinatra pic will be cheaper and more commercially viable than a film with portions set out at sea, making getting the funding for The Wager easier.

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/martin-scorsese-frank-sinatra-biopic-dicaprio-jennifer-lawrence-1235973769/