Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Pladdicus posted:

they're just people, same as any other. doing something weird is fine, i don't know why people have to do the imagined sexualized moralizing about it? like, i've never encountered a furry irl, nor has any furry tried to make me participate in some public sex thing, i suspect i can wait until such a thing happens to reconsider this stance.

what a way to admit you have/had heidrigall on ignore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archonet
Mar 12, 2022

it is time to boogie

NoiseAnnoys posted:

what a way to admit you have/had heidrigall on ignore.

reading his rap sheet is like a real-life lesson in insanity as narrated by Vaas in Far Cry 3

"insanity is doing the same, loving, thing, over and over again, expecting poo poo to change. That is crazy."

like goddamn get a fleshlight and calm it down son

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
well i think the real solution is to bring back the Very Not Creepy gbs rear end thread but only furry butts of ambiguous gender

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

The weird moralistic thing about how furries are implicitly and always doing a sex thing that shouldn't exist in public is the same argument that was used by bigots to force LGBT people into the closet & I can only imagine that some of y'all have some loving spicy opinions there too. When you clowns behave this way you are insulting people's friends and family just the same as when you slur queer people w/ your chud friends, and it's gross

dk2m
May 6, 2009
furry hentai is now socially acceptable for zoomers but yet I get banned in gbs if I post it???? Sounds a lil ableist to me

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

dk2m posted:

furry hentai is now socially acceptable for zoomers but yet I get banned in gbs if I post it???? Sounds a lil ableist to me

agism at its finest.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

poverty goat posted:

The weird moralistic thing about how furries are implicitly and always doing a sex thing that shouldn't exist in public is the same argument that was used by bigots to force LGBT people into the closet & I can only imagine that some of y'all have some loving spicy opinions there too. When you clowns behave this way you are insulting people's friends and family just the same as when you slur queer people w/ your chud friends, and it's gross

What’s your fursona ??

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Archonet posted:

reading his rap sheet is like a real-life lesson in insanity as narrated by Vaas in Far Cry 3

"insanity is doing the same, loving, thing, over and over again, expecting poo poo to change. That is crazy."

like goddamn get a fleshlight and calm it down son

a majority of those were for extremely mild comments that nobody would have looked at twice if the subject wasn't a funny animal man

sure whatever the gimmick wasn't funny but it's serious lol to think anything Hedrigal said was worse than the hundreds of goons who will happily post about what female movie actress made the best wank bait for them when they were 12.
or that one goon who would constantly post about all the Weird Sex he's had. Bust Rodd or w/e

extra lol when you had all those loving weirdos posting trying to argue that it was somehow some kind of exhibitionist kink thing for Hedrigal???

dk2m
May 6, 2009

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

What’s your fursona ??

Big dick butt gently caress, I’m not sure you’re gonna like the response!!!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

poverty goat posted:

The weird moralistic thing about furries comparing people not liking their hosed up sex stuff being the same as LGBT persecution is the argument pedophiles make about why they should be accepted, and it's gross

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

poverty goat posted:

can't tell if this is a bait post or just a dumb, almost offensive, opinion.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

point of order, non-furry sex weirds like derpies and bust rodd also loving suck and should have their accounts shredded.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
we're not the sex weirds, its them, they are the Real Sex Weirds!!!!!!!!

we live in a world where Trump, a man convicted of sexual violence multiple times and whose Best Friend was a Chickenhawk lawyer, gets to be president but everyone gets pissed off about fictional litter boxes lol

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

goons are constantly soiling themselves and you're gonna tell me it's not a sex thing? yeah right

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Comparing the persecution of furies to that of LGBTQ lol. What's next you gonna start wearing star of David's on your fursuit arm?

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit
Goons are weak and we are driven by trauma to hate weakness so we lash out at anything weaker than ourselves. That's why goons hold a particular ire towards harmless but pathetic things like Furries, Democrats and Elon Musk.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Incelshok Na posted:

Goons are weak and we are driven by trauma to hate weakness so we lash out at anything weaker than ourselves. That's why goons hold a particular ire towards harmless but pathetic things like Furries, Democrats and Elon Musk.

are you going to eat the keyboard goop again?

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

poverty goat posted:

Weird take. Are you really sure poking fun at furries is the same as slurring LGBTQ? Does it equate to a slur anywhere close to a slur to a gay or trans person? Are furries gathering in the thousands in protest for their furry rights? Are churches putting teenagers through correctional programs because they identify with being a furry?

Just consider for a moment what you are comparing here.

Good Sphere fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Feb 16, 2023

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Don't persecute me for my hot chicks fetish.

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit
Goons have sincerely compared being Christian to being gay. Goons will make facile comparisons to anything.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
totally unrelated but does anyone have that Brony CV and resùme?

anyway, back to getting mad about the idea of someone barking when they get spanked

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Yeah brony stuff qualifies here I think.

I saw this a while back, and I never would have thought that this honest reflection could keep my attention enough to watch almost the whole thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fVOF2PiHnc

I like to think that some day dog girls will run amuck harmoniously alongside horse girls. :allears:

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

71 minutes

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

if you think furries are disturbing and corrupting our kids, try watching the nightly news :smug:

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Majority of furries are LGBTQ in some way. A lot of internet hate directed at them is just veiled targeting of queer people.

That being said, me defending the furry fandom does not mean I condone the actions of actual abusers there. Like any group on the internet or in public there will be bad people that do bad things.

I do think it's bizarre when goons clutch their pearls about adults having weird sex. As long as what they are doing isn't abusive or exploitative (zoophiles and pedos) then just leave them alone. Some of yall come off as GOP psychos trying to pin wide demographics that they don't like as dangerous degenerates here and it's kind of disturbing how casually you post about how revolting kinky people are.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Good Sphere posted:

Weird take. Are you really sure poking fun at furries is the same as slurring LGBTQ? Does it equate to a slur anywhere close to a slur to a gay or trans person? Are furries gathering in the thousands in protest for their furry rights? Are churches putting teenagers through correctional programs because they identify with being a furry?

Just consider for a moment what you are comparing here.

The moralistic argument is the same, and the effect of saying lovely things about peoples' friends and family is the same. Do they need a mass shooting or a stonewall to qualify for your basic decency? Some critical mass of population? Y'all are just assholes, punching down at a subculture you don't understand.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

being a furry is loving lame. i don't care if they have weird sex, or just dress up in costumes for conventions or whatever, no kinkshaming, it's just lame imo. i also think people who make their whole personality about disney are lame. comparing someones hobby of dressing up like an anthropomorphic fox to someone who is born gay, bi, trans, ace etc and faces actual struggles because of how bigoted society can be is actually pretty offensive imho.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

for every furry you see making it their whole life for all the world to see, there are 50 low key furries just living normal lives and having weird suit sex quietly

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Need some help getting through the week?

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Archonet posted:

personally my grievance with them is the whole "fetishizing animals" thing, it's the same reason I judge people into ABDL -- yeah okay maybe you don't want to gently caress babies (I have my doubts), but why tf does someone acting like one/dressed like one turn you on? The gently caress?

Why you gotta fetishize things that can't consent? Why you gotta fetishize things you absolutely should not want to gently caress? Why you gotta be like this?

you can argue "well, but, they don't actually want to gently caress animals" or whatever other mental gymnastics you want to use to justify it, but they're still fetishizing a living thing that can't consent, and that's not okay to me no matter how you slice it.

Paraphilic infantalism is the opposite of what you are saying. It's adults that for one reason or another want to dress/act like babies, but are still adults and only interested in other adults with a similar fetish of dressing and/or acting like a baby. It's weird as hell but nothing about it is remotely pedophilic. That or they just have a fetish for diapers like any fetish that someone can have.

And like, a disclaimer, I find most of this is free for riffing on cus it is really loving weird but seriously just leave these people alone in terms of calls to action and making baseless accusations of them being abusers. I think the f plus podcast has it right in that they'll make fun of weird fetishes but only really cast judgement on the creeps.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

All bronies are furries, but not all furries are bronies :thunk:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

not sure about that, i know a brony (not sure if he still is, but definitely was when it was popular) who isn't a furry

e: i think he's moved on to being really into vtubers now

Bad Purchase fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Feb 16, 2023

dk2m
May 6, 2009

How Rude posted:

Majority of furries are LGBTQ in some way. A lot of internet hate directed at them is just veiled targeting of queer people.

That being said, me defending the furry fandom does not mean I condone the actions of actual abusers there. Like any group on the internet or in public there will be bad people that do bad things.

I do think it's bizarre when goons clutch their pearls about adults having weird sex. As long as what they are doing isn't abusive or exploitative (zoophiles and pedos) then just leave them alone. Some of yall come off as GOP psychos trying to pin wide demographics that they don't like as dangerous degenerates here and it's kind of disturbing how casually you post about how revolting kinky people are.

there’s something funny about a 36 year old IT guy wearing a sweat stained costume of wile e coyote that’s reared up to gently caress and there’s nothing you can do to stop me from chuckling to myself about it

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

It's pretty funny how that one convention had to close up shop because their one weekend always cost more in the way of cleaning and repair bills than the entire rest of the year combined. Soiled diapers all over the parking lot and poo poo in the pool.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

How Rude posted:

Really? Where are you getting this information?

Since I have a lot of queer friends who have never made it apparent they’re involved with furry culture, I decided to take it upon myself to do my own research. According to furscience.com, it’s around 4%. I’ve also backed this up by looking at cited material on Wikipedia that shows the vast majority are made up of white cis-gendered men.

poverty goat posted:

The moralistic argument is the same, and the effect of saying lovely things about peoples' friends and family is the same. Do they need a mass shooting or a stonewall to qualify for your basic decency? Some critical mass of population? Y'all are just assholes, punching down at a subculture you don't understand.

Maybe I should let furries speak for themselves, but never have I seen any significant influx of personal accounts where furries have struggled enormously by bigoted viewpoints forced upon them with violence and vitriolic hatred.

In no way do I feel like I’m aiding to the cause of making them a marginalized or oppressed group of people.

Think of it this way: Are furries greatly disadvantaged over the bulk of the population in the United States? No. They are cosplayers. They’re having fun, and having fun with groups where you can relate by sharing activities you both like make you feel accepted.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Treecko posted:

I unironically think some of the suits are cool from a technical perspective and if I had more space and motivation I would absolutely make fursuits to grift horny weirdos

oh yeah, some of the artists are fantastic. I buy stuffed creatures from an artist and she does tons of bueness for furries.

How Rude posted:

Paraphilic infantalism is the opposite of what you are saying. It's adults that for one reason or another want to dress/act like babies, but are still adults and only interested in other adults with a similar fetish of dressing and/or acting like a baby. It's weird as hell but nothing about it is remotely pedophilic. That or they just have a fetish for diapers like any fetish that someone can have.

And like, a disclaimer, I find most of this is free for riffing on cus it is really loving weird but seriously just leave these people alone in terms of calls to action and making baseless accusations of them being abusers. I think the f plus podcast has it right in that they'll make fun of weird fetishes but only really cast judgement on the creeps.

i find those people way way way more freaky then furries. least furries can be good artists. every time i think of big baby types. its always some weird dickhead who abandons their family to play baby or threatens to off themselves if they are ever forced to work. meanwhile furries are like rich and poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Feb 16, 2023

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Ah yes, men, the demographic that is incapable of being gay

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Coxswain Balls posted:

Ah yes, men, the demographic that is incapable of being gay

I noticed that too, and it seemed a lot of the info about that was either to vague or inconclusive, where the percentages vary too much; 10-25%. With that said, I can’t say how accurate the info is I’ve seen for other demographics, but I’m fairly confident furries are not majority queer, or commonly associated with them.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

kntfkr posted:

Don't persecute me for my hot chicks fetish.

You say that and yet:

How Rude posted:

It's adults that for one reason or another want to dress/act like babies, but are still adults and only interested in other adults with a similar fetish of dressing and/or acting like a baby. It's weird as hell but nothing about it is remotely pedophilic.

Toxic Mental fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Feb 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Bad Purchase posted:

goons are constantly soiling themselves and you're gonna tell me it's not a sex thing? yeah right

Flush the shitters straight to lepers colony :madmax: