Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Pittsburgh hosts Anthrocon every year and I've never seen any kind of problem outside of the convention center. They might be loving and sucking inside the hotels like crazy, but they seem harmless when they're walking around town. Plus they actually go to restaurants and put money into the local economy, unlike pretty much every other convention that ever comes to town.

The people who go to car shows at the same convention center are way more annoying and make more of a mess on the streets than furries do. And don't even get me started on the Kenny Chesney concert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Furry con or gun show in your town, easy choice imo

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Dapper_Swindler posted:

oh yeah, some of the artists are fantastic. I buy stuffed creatures from an artist and she does tons of bueness for furries.

i find those people way way way more freaky then furries. least furries can be good artists. every time i think of big baby types. its always some weird dickhead who abandons their family to play baby or threatens to off themselves if they are ever forced to work. meanwhile furries are like rich and poo poo.

Majority I have interacted with keep it in the bedroom. It's obvious you'll never meet a well adjusted kinky person without searching for them because they have discretion, and so will not readily share that they enjoy pissing themselves with no warning.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

How Rude posted:

Majority I have interacted with keep it in the bedroom. It's obvious you'll never meet a well adjusted kinky person without searching for them because they have discretion, and so will not readily share that they enjoy pissing themselves with no warning.

basically the issue isn't kinks or furries at all, but dumb idiots here who don't have discretion, so i don't know what some of the weirdoes are getting mad about. furries are fine, oversharing sex weirds should die.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

NoiseAnnoys posted:

basically the issue isn't kinks or furries at all, but dumb idiots here who don't have discretion, so i don't know what some of the weirdoes are getting mad about. furries are fine, oversharing sex weirds should die.

Yah p much this.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Colonel Cancer posted:

Unironically this. Who in their right mind has any ire left in them to direct at furies when we have honest-to-god right-wing armed militias operating openly?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Aramis posted:

Unironically this. Who in their right mind has any ire left in them to direct at furies when we have honest-to-god right-wing armed militias operating openly?

I can despise many things at the same time!

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Colonel Cancer posted:

They both smell absolutely crazy

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i’ve encountered or read about so many weird gross people now that regular furries seem downright quaint

it’s weird and gross if they’re too overt about being horny for cartoon dog people, but the bar to truly disgust me is so much higher now

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Good Sphere posted:

Really? Where are you getting this information?

Since I have a lot of queer friends who have never made it apparent they’re involved with furry culture, I decided to take it upon myself to do my own research. According to furscience.com, it’s around 4%. I’ve also backed this up by looking at cited material on Wikipedia that shows the vast majority are made up of white cis-gendered men.

Maybe I should let furries speak for themselves, but never have I seen any significant influx of personal accounts where furries have struggled enormously by bigoted viewpoints forced upon them with violence and vitriolic hatred.

In no way do I feel like I’m aiding to the cause of making them a marginalized or oppressed group of people.

Think of it this way: Are furries greatly disadvantaged over the bulk of the population in the United States? No. They are cosplayers. They’re having fun, and having fun with groups where you can relate by sharing activities you both like make you feel accepted.

From the same website.

https://furscience.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Orientation-Sample-AC2018.png

I think you're confusing gender identity for sexuality/sexual orientation, you should read things more carefully. Majority are definitely queer. I'm a cis gay guy btw so I'd like if you listened to my perspective in that way at least.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
It is true that if you go "looking down on people for being furry is just like looking down on people for being gay! fursecution!" then that is pretty offensive. But I don't think that most people making a comparison are doing that exactly.

One of the strongest arguments for gay people getting the acceptance they have in present day society has always been that people being gay, or having gay sex or gay relationships harms no one else. The same argument applies to tolerating furries, even though being furry is a quite different kind of thing to being gay.

I am gay and that's my opinion on it, but other gay people might disagree; we're not a monolith.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Yes, the guy with the perspective that disliking the stank fursuit-wearing diaper-making GBS threads community that has a disproportionate number of actual animal fuckers is actually homophobia definitely deserves careful consideration

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Yes, the guy with the perspective that disliking the stank fursuit-wearing diaper-making GBS threads community that has a disproportionate number of actual animal fuckers is actually homophobia definitely deserves careful consideration

Nobody is saying they are the same. There is a lot of intersection between internet furry hating and homophobes. "Furfag" was the most common insult back in the day for a reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Konar posted:

They both smell absolutely crazy

One's full of mentally deranged people dangerous to society and the other's full of people wearing funny mascot suits