Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Bip Roberts posted:

These rules seem bad

Welcome to NASCAR, where the rules are made up and the points don't matter!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Good race imo

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

camoseven posted:

Good race imo

Dudes crashed, it was cool

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The 99 put kyle in backup car and then brought out the yellow when he was leading in that car lol

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

big nipples big life posted:

The 99 put kyle in backup car and then brought out the yellow when he was leading in that car lol

suarez is like ross chastain except he isn't doing it on purpose

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Wrecky won.. I'm all in this year

How can this be the longest Daytona?
What about the Year that it got rained out moved to Monday then jpm attacked a jet dryer the track caught fire and then they had to fix the track and it finished at like 1am eastern on Monday? Nearly 32 or so hours after the race started

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Feb 20, 2023

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

tater_salad posted:

Wrecky won.. I'm all in this year

How can this be the longest Daytona?
What about the Year that it got rained out moved to Monday then jpm attacked a jet dryer the track caught fire and then they had to fix the track and it finished at like 1am eastern on Monday? Nearly 32 or so hours after the race started

Miles, not time

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Congrats to the Bollard Clobberer on their early lead! I had a chance but I benched Suarez instead of Wallace when I moved Keselowski up from the garage.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
my strategy of picking a couple front runners and a couple guys who might avoid the big one didn't pan out. if i had thought to swap in pastrana before the 3rd stage i'd probably have some more points

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'd like to thank Ricky Stenhouse for validating my picking of him.

Too bad I decided not to swap Blaney in from the bench.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Got home this evening from my first 500. That was so much fun in person. Sat row 2 between turn 4 and pit entrance, and the rush when they go by you in that pack is so intense. The flyover was loving sick too, they made maybe 8 passes, once one went by supersonic, it was like a free air show. Whole event was amazing. Can’t wait to go next year.

Also bought Darlington tickets for May since that’s only 90 minutes from me.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
One of my favorite moments when they weren't showing us green flag racing was those fans sitting on infield picnic benches watching the race on Fox on the big screen. Imagine going all the way to Daytona... and having to watch on Fox. It reminded me of that one Twilight Zone episode, Michael Waltrip cackling, "this IS the other place!"

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home
I went all the way to Daytona...and didn't go to Daytona. We had a buddy racing speedweeks in modifieds down in New Smyrna and we were staying at a place in Daytona. Drove by the track every day and never went. We thought about going Thursday for the Duels because neither of us had been and it was only $50 but we were having such a good time going to New Smyrna everynight we skipped Daytona. I did actually meet Michael Waltrip though. He didn't tell us we were in the other place but he was walking alone through the Hooters parking lot which was weird because the way he was headed was away from Hooters and toward...nothing.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Pinecone Sample posted:

One of my favorite moments when they weren't showing us green flag racing was those fans sitting on infield picnic benches watching the race on Fox on the big screen. Imagine going all the way to Daytona... and having to watch on Fox. It reminded me of that one Twilight Zone episode, Michael Waltrip cackling, "this IS the other place!"

I saw that and honestly can't even imagine.

It's the same with the social areas they touted as part of Daytona Rising. "Hey! Come to the race and socialize with other fans while enjoying a view of scenic International Speedway Blvd and not watching the race/watching it on TV while playing cornhole."

bigbillystyle posted:

I went all the way to Daytona...and didn't go to Daytona. We had a buddy racing speedweeks in modifieds down in New Smyrna and we were staying at a place in Daytona. Drove by the track every day and never went. We thought about going Thursday for the Duels because neither of us had been and it was only $50 but we were having such a good time going to New Smyrna everynight we skipped Daytona. I did actually meet Michael Waltrip though. He didn't tell us we were in the other place but he was walking alone through the Hooters parking lot which was weird because the way he was headed was away from Hooters and toward...nothing.

Here's a life hack if you do decide to go in future: buy a GA ticket and seat jump.

The only race that sells out is the 500 and nobody seems to give a poo poo what your ticket says as long as you blend in.

And maybe Mikey thought the go-kart place behind Hooters was still open, even though the total darkness might've been a clue.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

bigbillystyle posted:

No bad choices here. Modified > NASCAR

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
I just want to point out that somehow NASCAR allowed 2 Bears 1 Cave to film a show officially at the track last weekend and :lol:.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

i tried out the left turns on iRacing and that poo poo is hard

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

OMGVBFLOL posted:

i tried out the left turns on iRacing and that poo poo is hard

Now try the 1987 turn lefts... Those things are a blast to drive and I wish I had more time in my life to do them.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

nascar sold all but 89 acres of the land autoclub is on, the short track is never getting built.

for reference martinsville is on 340 acres.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-nascar-has-already-sold-majority-of-auto-club-speedway-property-175234279.html

Seems like a bad sign that the best racing is worth less than real estate development.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

For whatever it's worth if they were to rebuild on the remaining site: accelerated amortization on racetracks is currently set to expire in 2025, Congress has been renewing it every few years for a long time now. Motorsports entertainment facilities can write off capital improvement expenses in 7 years instead of 15.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

nascar sold all but 89 acres of the land autoclub is on, the short track is never getting built.

for reference martinsville is on 340 acres.

From the developers of Daytona Rising comes Fontana Rising, an upscale living, dining, and shopping experience coming soon to a former toxic waste site and racetrack near you!

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

tater_salad posted:

No bad choices here. Modified > NASCAR

The only bummer was the racing on Thursday night for all the divisions was not actually that great but, party at the camper after anyway.

tater_salad posted:

Now try the 1987 turn lefts... Those things are a blast to drive and I wish I had more time in my life to do them.
Fully agree. One of my favorite series to run on the platform.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
Nascar is REALLY trying hard to convince us that San Bernardino is LA.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
NASCAR should hire me to fix their fan rewards issues. Cause boy do they seem to have a lot of them!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hail Satan!

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

this race is great why are we getting rid of this track?

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

chamois posted:

this race is great why are we getting rid of this track?

Because NASCAR needs more short tracks so rather than go to Irwindale let’s make a new one to satisfy the lovely California audience.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

leading the 500th mile of the 500 and winning the next race. 8 going to be a threat all year.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Douchebag posted:

Because NASCAR needs more short tracks so rather than go to Irwindale let’s make a new one to satisfy the lovely California audience.

at least it's not another road course

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

They sold nearly all the land that autoclub is on, they aren't building a short track there unless they are building a track without parking or other amenities.

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Looked bumpy but still a great track; diggin this doubleheader

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

They sold nearly all the land that autoclub is on, they aren't building a short track there unless they are building a track without parking or other amenities.

Broadcast said the plan is to lease parking from the people they sold the land to lmao

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

chamois posted:

at least it's not another road course

You shut your mouth.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

i'm still pissed about riverside being gone, i hope we dont lose fontana too

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

iospace posted:

You shut your mouth.

6 is too many especially with the new car racing like garbage on them

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

OMGVBFLOL posted:

i'm still pissed about riverside being gone, i hope we dont lose fontana too

It’s not looking great. At the least, the track that hosted the fastest closed-course competition lap is now done, we’ll see if the short track turns out.

Ungratek posted:

6 is too many especially with the new car racing like garbage on them

Road courses for the right turn god :unsmigghh:

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
The entire purpose of putting stock cars on road course is because they drive like rear end on them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Slickdrac posted:

The entire purpose of putting stock car drivers on road course is because they drive like rear end on them