Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

OMGVBFLOL posted:

some old timer hears "nascar driver injured snowboarding" and throws his hat on the dusty ground in disgust

So ... Richard Petty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Pinecone Sample posted:

https://twitter.com/DanicaPatrick/status/1635717459813474304

I don't understand how she and Aaron Rodgers broke up

The poo poo Mike Joy has to deal with, man

I feel so bad for Mike Joy, it's like he's trying to wrangle cats between Danica spouting nonsense and Clint sounding like a knuckle-dragging mouthbreather.

Did Danica ever win a stock car race in her career?

Timby fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Mar 14, 2023

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

drat, Hendrick got smacked by NASCAR.

quote:

NASCAR levied the largest combined fine on one team in series history Wednesday, hammering Hendrick Motorsports for modifying air-deflecting pieces last weekend at Phoenix Raceway.

Hendrick was issued a combined $400,000 in fines -- $100,000 to each of its four crew chiefs, along with four-race suspensions for the quartet -- and docked the drivers 100 regular-season points and 10 playoffs points each. Although NASCAR has issued larger monetary fines and suspensions, the Hendrick penalties are the largest combined punishment for one organization.

NASCAR confiscated the Hendrick teams' louvers after practice at Phoenix Raceway. The louvers sit atop the radiator ducts and direct air out of the hood and any modifications could impact downforce. The points penalties dropped Bowman from first to 23rd in the Cup standings, Byron from fourth to 29th and Kyle Larson from fifth to 32nd.

Chase Elliott, who did not race at Phoenix because of a broken leg, was not penalized. Because his replacement driver does not receive points in the Cup Series, Josh Berry was also not punished.

NASCAR, meanwhile, also penalized Denny Hamlin 25 points and a $50,000 fine for intentionally wrecking Ross Chastain on Sunday's final lap.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Oh, my God, today's broadcast is so much better without Danica Patrick's babbling bullshit.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

kidcoelacanth posted:

a good finish!

now blow up the track and rebuild to when it was good

That long-rear end pit lane is wild.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Why in God's name is Fox running a five-man commentary booth?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

iospace posted:

Also, as much as I hate to say it, none of those cautions at the end were BS.

Kurt Busch whining about all the restarts was pretty funny.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

camoseven posted:

Worst race of the year. If I wanted to watch dirt track racing I'd watch dirt track racing, know what I mean?

Bristol is a shitshow on the best days.

Bristol with dirt is a stupid idea.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Howard The Dork posted:

Seems like there would be significant financial risk considering the possibility of a penalty. I point to the Pocono tape incident from last year as an example.

Wasn't that the reason NASCAR initially went after Hendrick teams earlier this season, something about off-brand louvers or whatnot?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I mean, I can't really fault NASCAR for making the decision to call it. That storm system is going to be hovering over Atlanta well into tomorrow morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

NASCAR is not doing the Bristol dirt track race next year.