Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

daytona 500 qualifying is tonight for some reason let's rock and roll and get some cool concussions

Maybe some cars on fire?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Wrecky won.. I'm all in this year

How can this be the longest Daytona?
What about the Year that it got rained out moved to Monday then jpm attacked a jet dryer the track caught fire and then they had to fix the track and it finished at like 1am eastern on Monday? Nearly 32 or so hours after the race started

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Feb 20, 2023

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

bigbillystyle posted:

I went all the way to Daytona...and didn't go to Daytona. We had a buddy racing speedweeks in modifieds down in New Smyrna and we were staying at a place in Daytona. Drove by the track every day and never went. We thought about going Thursday for the Duels because neither of us had been and it was only $50 but we were having such a good time going to New Smyrna everynight we skipped Daytona. I did actually meet Michael Waltrip though. He didn't tell us we were in the other place but he was walking alone through the Hooters parking lot which was weird because the way he was headed was away from Hooters and toward...nothing.

No bad choices here. Modified > NASCAR

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

OMGVBFLOL posted:

i tried out the left turns on iRacing and that poo poo is hard

Now try the 1987 turn lefts... Those things are a blast to drive and I wish I had more time in my life to do them.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

SwampYankee posted:

Yeah, despite how I feel about new Atlanta, it was nice to see a pack race actually have good solid green flag run to the finish.

This was nice. I was bracing for at least one GWC

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Yeah I saw him slow down right through 4 and said to my wife hell navet make it. When he did after about 3 laps I was very surprised to see the caution after he was in the pits.

A lot of drivers were not happy about it on the radio.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Remember when you couldn't get Bristol tickets without a waiting list? Pepperidge farm remembers.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I was wondering if he had something illegal that required him to asplode the rear end end of the car.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

did you guys know chase elliott is racing today

What about Rick Hendrick cars are they in the race... Sis the almost pack it up and sell the whole thing before that fateful day at Martinsville?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

The points don't matter and the rules are made up was one of the most accurate thread titles ever.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Raining again?? I got some poo poo to do so plz delay by a few hrs.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

This was the dumbest poo poo.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

But they don't always do this. Sometimes they throw one sometimes they don't.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Douchebag posted:

Holy poo poo this NBC coverage is so bad.

Yay we don't have to deal with fox and their lovely coverage.

Monkey paw curls

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

They should figure out what time they really wana actually do this race?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

bigbillystyle posted:

gently caress it, postpone 2 days and run 400 miles at Chicagoland on Tuesday

But do this every year.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

abraham linksys posted:

do people actually like Chicagoland

It's better than angry city rain out.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Bring and program your scanner or... Rent one.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Howard The Dork posted:

If you have windows there is software from Uniden that you can download that will allow you to fairly painlessly program your scanner.

http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BC125AT
(That website looks sketch as gently caress, but the "PC Programming Software" is what I have used to set up my BC125AT scanner.)

These links should tell you the relevant frequencies to program:

https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/NASCAR

https://www.speedwaydigest.com/index.php/scanner-frequencies/nascar-cup-series-frequencies

There's actually a GitHub that has the bearcat files it saved me like an hour of manually typing it into the program.

https://github.com/jim-edwards/NascarScanner/tree/main/Uniden%20BC125AT

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Howard The Dork posted:

Oh my god. That would have saved me so much time.

Yeah I was like 30% through programming and then somehow I stumbled on it and was like omg.... Huge time saver. I tried to buy him a beer but there's not an option to donate.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

^^ yeah for a lap or two it's cool and loud but after awhile you end up with your ears in pain. we did an Xfininity & Nascar weekend.. my FIL whose response is "I'll just take out my hearing aids because I'm very deaf without them" Decided it was a good idea to go to walmart and get earmuffs for the next day.

CBJSprague24 posted:

If you have a scanner that lets you freely program car numbers and are attending multiple races, consider coming up with a system to keep similar car numbers across multiple series organized.

I typically use the car number and its one or two digit form for Cup, then a number to differentiate the other series (i.e., if you have multiple races with the #24, I do 24 for Cup, 247 Truck (7 looks like a T on my display, 248 Xfinity (8 looks like B, used to be the Busch Series), 249 was what I used for the Rolex Series (9/R).

I also use the same number repeated three times (i.e. 999, 000) for race control and the radio and TV broadcasts so I can push it to quickly access their feeds.

That scanner has the ability to put names on the channels.. and the Github I linked is nice enough to have the driver names etc on it.

I moved to that scanner after using a lesser scanner at an IMSA race (and having to punch in all the numbers manually) and promptly returning it to walmart because it sucked to not have car numbers/names displayed.. and the PC programming wasn't working and Uniden would not support it because it was an older model that I just purchased from the store that they were still selling.
(the real answer was that the get it into PC mode was not intuitive, and all they had to tell me was, no you have to turn it on AFTER you plug it into the PC and it would have worked), if you plug it into the PC turned on all it does is charge.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Jul 14, 2023

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Kyle is trash... HTH.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Lol at Paul Tracey.... I haven't seen the end of the srx races from Thursday but homie aint racing there anymore according to recent news.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Tracy is clearly a menace out there week after week.

Been saying this forever.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

He's been a poo poo show since he did the whole thing he's caused so many wrecks. I finished the race last night and he just didn't lift when he should have.

Ken Schrader said 'i won't race with him on the track anymore '.

I can see why they told him you're done the series is paying for these cars when he's wrecking on average 1 a race its time to say you're done.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jul 30, 2023

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Howard The Dork posted:

Liking an Instagram post mocking the murder of George Floyd. Get indefinitely suspended you vomit rocket.

Time to bring our very own SRA out of retirement. He's Only smoked a weed not done a racism

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Love that McDowell won.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

GMS Racing and GMS Fabrication have announced they're shutting their doors at the end of the season.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Timby posted:

NASCAR is not doing the Bristol dirt track race next year.

Good

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

SylvainMustach posted:

Recently, perhaps mysteriously, seduced by racing and have gotten into NASCAR.
Any good podcast recommendations?
Also, don't have cable but I want to start watching. Is there any one succinct service that carries it?

there is not a a nascaronline streaming.. you can try and subscribe to like 4 different services and still not get all races.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Gunna be hot as poo poo but I'll be watching from the comfort of my air conditioned home.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

chamois posted:

ricky stenhouse is an idiot

Did you win a Daytona 500?

Then shut your mouth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Know how I know the schedule is out...
Every track I ever even looked at while driving by is telling me via email.