Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

maffew buildings posted:

dear god do not do this

This person is incorrect. 100% get the full effect without hearing protection for a lap or two - you won't regret it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

maffew buildings posted:

... one time exposure can cause hearing damage and not everyone is physiologically the same...

This is valid point.

I've been attending races of all types for 30+ years - since I was a kid - and I never wore hearing protection until ~ten years ago. The same goes for concerts - mostly heavy metal - and I'm one of the lucky ones. I don't have tinnitus and my hearing is still above normal, so I guess I've been blessed.

Regardless of my luck, as I've gotten older, I would recommend hearing protection for anyone at a race or concert. You don't want to gently caress with your hearing.

But, man, that first full green lap is unlike anything you'd think it'd be. Obviously, the choice is yours.

Do it! :D

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Kvlt! posted:

what level of dB protection yall recommend? 25dB ok?

I used the basic NRR 32 earplugs that your roll up before putting them in your ear. They worked very well for me when I used them (without headphones) while sitting in the front row out of turn four at Dover.

And FYI: You should be able to buy hearing protection at the track.

Nit Wit Dog Shit fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jul 16, 2023

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

CBJSprague24 posted:

I hope it's not the raced version.

I don't know; I think it would make a great diecast.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

tater_salad posted:

Lol at Paul Tracey.... I haven't seen the end of the srx races from Thursday but homie aint racing there anymore according to recent news.

My first thought was "why was this mess invited to this series" when I saw PT was racing in the SRX series a few weeks ago.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

kidcoelacanth posted:

chris buescher loving rules

Yep! If it couldn't be MTJ, I'll take Chris Buescher any day of the week.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

SylvainMustach posted:

Noted lmao already got the sense they don't like my boy Joey (or anyone really for that matter).

It's pretty much the same here.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Dale Jr. Download. There are like 416 Dirty Mo Media podcasts at this point, but this is the flagship. Dale is the quintessential NASCAR enthusiast and his interviews with personalities are great, even though the podcast itself has become a 3-4 day a week monster.

Seconding this. If you want to know anything past or current about NASCAR, Junior's podcast is the one to listen to. He also has a YouTube channel that is just as good. Junior is one of the most important figures currently in the sport, and arguably of all time.

Welcome to NASCAR.

Nit Wit Dog Shit fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Sep 20, 2023

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

iospace posted:

Good winner, bad race.

chamois posted:

is it just me or was it weird when they talked about how ty gibbs dad died after partying while he was running 4th

Don't start this lovely rumor.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Truex advances by the skin of his teeth. Nice.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

There's 2 more races before the round of 4 cutoff :D

I am stupid. :downs:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
That last lap was loving crazy! What a finish.

Jeb Burton hit the inside wall a ton there at the end.

The final four are Allgaier, Sam Mayer, John Hunter Nemechek and Cole Custer.

Nit Wit Dog Shit fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Oct 30, 2023

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

wicka posted:

If you don't love Ryan Blaney then gently caress you

He's the guy I hope wins the championship.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Great championship winner!

If Truex retires, I'm going with Blaney, Chastain, and Buescher. Done are the days of me cheering for just one guy.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Ungratek posted:

That ‘98 season from Gordon is mindboggling

Then he flowed it up with another mindboggling season in 2007. Wow.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Virgil Vox posted:

been watching a few and lmao @ this cgi gimmick: [should be timestamped]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-93-BdOw4A&t=7205s

Yeah, that's bad. I don't remember them using that and I know why.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

There's going to be A LOT of pissed NASCAR fans who don't have prime and will refuse to buy it (I know quite a few people that fall into that category).

Wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

CBJSprague24 posted:

Really looking forward to talking my then-80-year-old dad through how to watch races on streaming.

Good luck!