Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

daytona 500 qualifying is tonight for some reason let's rock and roll and get some cool concussions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

chase elliott done fractured his leg snowboarding. will be out for several weeks. josh berry subbing

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Timby posted:

I feel so bad for Mike Joy, it's like he's trying to wrangle cats between Danica spouting nonsense and Clint sounding like a knuckle-dragging mouthbreather.

don't worry, he's too busy picking fights on twitter to notice

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

a good finish!

now blow up the track and rebuild to when it was good

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

reddick is unreal today

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

reddick had to win that race like 10 different times and i'm glad he didn't get hosed out of it

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

did you guys know chase elliott is racing today

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

gently caress that race lol

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

camoseven posted:

I could only sort of pay attention. What did NASCAR do that benefited Hendricks?

nothing. cars just could not pass today and larson was one of the few to stay out on the last stop, most everyone else took tires despite that not really helping at all all day

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

semantics!!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

bubba was throwing too many blocks but it was that or give up the win. what you gonna do vOv

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

absolutely pumped as gently caress for ryan truex, this dude has deserved this win for over a decade. i can't remember the last time i got actually emotional over a nascar race (except for the emotion Anger, which happens often)

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/LegacyMotorclub/status/1653444246743941121?s=20

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i was gonna go to dover on sunday but it had the gall to rain, and then it was perfect weather yesterday when i couldn't :mad:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i think that was fine, larson just stunk up the show. a longer race with green flag stops and that tire falloff would have been very cool

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

if they're suspending bubba for an identical wreck last season then yes this absolutely deserved one

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i don't pay the most close attention to the broadcasts but not being on fox was a breath of fresh air on its own. the fox production quality has gotten nightmarishly bad in the past two years so i was happy just not dealing with that

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i suspect the race will probably not be great but it's fun that they're trying it, idk

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Douchebag posted:

I’m ok with moving the summer Daytona race elsewhere, but put it IN the playoffs. Not the last race before it.

no way last race before the playoffs is perfect

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

what a loving race

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

huge props to justin haley by all accounts he should have been eaten alive but he held real strong for p2

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

let's check in on the hero to all young girls with racing dreams:

https://twitter.com/alanisnking/status/1683212504808267779

ah,

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

listen. i have been a kevin harvick fan for over 20 years. but the man is phenomenally uninteresting in the booth. every broadcast team should be rushing to lock down kurt busch.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Ungratek posted:

Good race good winner

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

chris buescher loving rules

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

very good race

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

here's one of the wildest flexes i've ever seen:

https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/1692164744143094142

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

seventimessix posted:

The site is just embedding their YouTube channel, you can use any YouTube app and see them all.

If anyone hasn't seen it or doesn't remember it you should definitely watch the 2011 Southern 500. It's in my personal top 5 races and is just fantastically entertaining from start to finish.

from what i can glean, the quality on the site is actually better and the races are tagged with highlight points so you can jump around

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

kind of a boring race but chase eating poo poo ruled so overall a positive experience

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

yes and also at all other tracks but they fuckin refuse to do it

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

CHRIS BUESCHER'S TIME IS NOW

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the DBC guys have insanely inflated egos so be wary

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

usually drivers but it's really whatever you gravitate towards. just give it some time and see what feels right

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

SylvainMustach posted:

So far I like Joey because I can relate to being a guy from Connecticut that nobody likes. Truex, he's from my BF's town and he said they named a road behind a Walmart after him. And Bubba, because I like McDondalds and Dr Pepper.
I think I'm doing this right.

Hamlin seems funny and I sort of adore Busch's weird arc from what I've learned.

you're doing it perfectly, carry on

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

brutal that wallace couldn't hold onto that. lol larson tho

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

god drat it

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

lol never mind

https://twitter.com/jim_utter/status/1708620743091552546

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck/status/1708911186732110114

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

he was already down 11 or something before that, he would have needed a miracle to get through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

Wow, I missed this. Did they imply it was because of the partying?

no, but it was just a weird like 90 seconds where allen rattled it off for basically no reason

usually he waits until the last lap