Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
One of my favorite moments when they weren't showing us green flag racing was those fans sitting on infield picnic benches watching the race on Fox on the big screen. Imagine going all the way to Daytona... and having to watch on Fox. It reminded me of that one Twilight Zone episode, Michael Waltrip cackling, "this IS the other place!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-nascar-has-already-sold-majority-of-auto-club-speedway-property-175234279.html

Seems like a bad sign that the best racing is worth less than real estate development.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

For whatever it's worth if they were to rebuild on the remaining site: accelerated amortization on racetracks is currently set to expire in 2025, Congress has been renewing it every few years for a long time now. Motorsports entertainment facilities can write off capital improvement expenses in 7 years instead of 15.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Really wonderful that television got its caution in the last ten laps, while Danica and Clint were strategizing all race long around cautions that never came. Second week in a row. Why do I watch any of the first 95% of a get out front, stay out front race?

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

https://twitter.com/DanicaPatrick/status/1635717459813474304

I don't understand how she and Aaron Rodgers broke up

The poo poo Mike Joy has to deal with, man

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

NASCAR 2023: drat, I wish I was your louver

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

shot
https://twitter.com/dennyhamlin/status/1636131882680172545

chaser
https://twitter.com/dennyhamlin/status/1636837079643504640

Who decided this, general counsel at JGR? This is why you've never won Most Popular Driver, Denny.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

That's one of the funniest meltdowns of all time. We may have seen the last of him in a NASCAR-sanctioned race.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

https://twitter.com/AB84/status/1637225141913436161

They didn't even let him go to the infield care center, proving that NASCAR's rules are for whoever it wants them to be for.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

What a horrific thing for them and this country. NASCAR fans have been making awful and stupid Chicago gun violence jokes leading up to this week only for the thing that actually happens with gun owners everyday to strike a NASCAR family. Most of these people think having a gun in their home will make their loved ones safer when we know it does the opposite.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Alaois posted:

what in the world lmao

Do you not see Bob Pockrass's dumpster fire replies any time he mentions the race in Chicago, or are you here to wring your hands about how it's no time for politics every time someone dies of gun violence in America

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Yeah dude it sucks when the chuds try to politicize violent tragedies

And you seem about as honest as an NRA lobbyist.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Jack-in-the-Bach posted:

They aren't much better here, as you can see.

I know, in just the last hour or so I've heard from at least three users with probes for racial slurs, homophobic slurs, and threatening to beat someone with a chain.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

I am loyal to Racing Electronics over-the-ear, regardless of whether you have a scanner. Most models have noise reduction ratings around 20, but I think you can't necessarily say that's a reduction of 20 dB because of how dB measures relative intensity and is not an absolute unit. I suspect that should keep you safely below the OSHA level for a 3-hour race in most circumstances, but it is making me wonder what race officials who are around pit road for a very long day use.

Other than (obviously) field of vision, noise is a reason why sitting higher up in the grandstands is usually much better. The difference at bowl-shaped short tracks and Pocono will be very obvious if you walk down to the bottom of the bleachers on the way to the facilities when most of the field is passing by under green.

I use musicians' earplugs at concerts, most sports, and other loud indoor events, which have an NRR more like 13-15. That's probably not sufficient for OSHA exposure levels at any racetrack, or a career in venues, but the advantage is that it doesn't really distort sound (unless you're singing along, then it's in your head). I think I've only heard ringing that night/the next morning after a concert once or twice when using them, and it's possible to get a bad seal inserting them.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Pretty boring race yesterday and really not worth working from home for it, but nice to see Ty Gibbs run out of the Lord's grace in his He Gets Us. car not long after running out of talent into the backside of Bowman.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Anyway, Auto Club changed its Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn to Next Gen CA and the latest info I've seen from locals was that there has not been a thing done on premises.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

it comes with a figurine of the guy who pulled him out of the car

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Turns out Shane van Gisbergen can be passed when it's not on rainy streets

Daniel Suarez has some of the worst fuckin' luck

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

The back page of the newspaper tomorrow will say that Michael McDowell was taking it to the streets

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

here's one of the wildest flexes i've ever seen:

https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/1692164744143094142

this looks awesome but unfortunate that there's not a NASCAR app for my television yet, will have to come up a less elegant solution with an HDMI cable

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

All of the NASCAR radio callers last week were about how terrible the Indy road course were, old fans and new, and I suspect none of them were more satisfied this week. Without the Hendrick fucks-up, nothing interesting would have happened. I would have liked to see Andy Lally have a good day but alas.

McDowell potentially overcoming those penalties and driving like he was in it to win it could have been entertaining. They still just don't know what happened, engine just killed itself?

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Dale Jr. compared that to spectacular rollovers of old but for all my money I don't think anyone was remotely close in terms of completely aerial flipping.

Rusty Wallace at Talladega maybe. Someone tried telling me Davey Allison at Pocono but he made a lot of contact with the ground.

I believe it was Bell I heard on the radio post-race said that he'd only seen it from glancing over under caution on one of the big screens, like what a reminder that this thing you're doing is dangerous.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

mischief posted:

Another NASCAR suit with a DWI, not sure if it made it to the thread.

We're just trying to get home from work here, geez. I'll at least throw my empties in the bed of the truck. We were all raised with manners.

well that's just the Bob Huggins recycling program

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

I used to follow MLS, and now I occasionally attend matches and do not give a gently caress who is on the roster. I pay for cable and there's other live sports I'm already getting at the same time as MLS is on Apple. I have a longer history with NASCAR than MLS, but they're both niche tier sports in this country, and they both have a far more limited place in my social life than the big four sports.

Ultimately if it's on a streaming service I don't already have, there aren't enough hours in the day to justify buying more entertainment.

I remember a quote from O'Donnell or someone years ago about how they owe it all to us sickos who watch ten or more hours of NASCAR a week, including practice and trucks and racehub. If you're losing someone like me, you've lost the nation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

itym Max users who purchase the Bleacher Report add-on for their Max accounts??

it would be interesting if customers could conveniently obtain sorts of bundled streaming brands through a streamer provider