Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Got home this evening from my first 500. That was so much fun in person. Sat row 2 between turn 4 and pit entrance, and the rush when they go by you in that pack is so intense. The flyover was loving sick too, they made maybe 8 passes, once one went by supersonic, it was like a free air show. Whole event was amazing. Can’t wait to go next year.

Also bought Darlington tickets for May since that’s only 90 minutes from me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

chamois posted:

this race is great why are we getting rid of this track?

Because NASCAR needs more short tracks so rather than go to Irwindale let’s make a new one to satisfy the lovely California audience.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

mischief posted:

Arguably one of the funniest Door, Bumper, Clear episodes yet this week.

Josh Williams? So good I bought his shirt ha

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

At this point, flip a coin and declare a winner.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Yeah was really happy for him too. Dude deserved it and destroyed the field

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Darlington in person was a blast. Only 90 minutes from my house so got there early, tailgated for hours, did the pre-race on track stuff and got close for driver intros. Thought it was lame they didn't parade out the legends during that segment and stuffed them onto a trailer. Overall, track is awesome to go to and I'll probably go at least once a year from now on.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

They are probably going to repave it and it will suck for a few years but I can’t see them not having this track on the schedule going forward.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Great track, horrible race. Someone dump someone. Make it interesting

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Holy poo poo this NBC coverage is so bad.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

nbc sports cut to commercial 3 times in the last 15 minutes of the 6 hours of the glen, missing the race-winning pass and everything. it is unacceptably bad.

Yeah I heard about that, what a joke.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

The cup race itself was decent. Nashville is a good track. The broadcast bullshit they pulled at the beginning with Jr and Burton at the end of pit wall was a joke. I had to adjust the drat volume everytime they went to them. When they all got in the booth, it was a typical NASCAR broadcast with mediocre to bad announcing. There are too many people in the NBC booth. I know Letarte is there because of Jr but if you got rid of him and Burton and just had the lead guy and Jr I think it would flow better.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

CBJSprague24 posted:

Letarte has been on NBC since the start of their current stint.

IIRC, Junyer said a couple years ago on DJD that it's in his contract that Letarte is required to be on any broadcast he does.

He’d be perfect in a Larry Mac role. Not in the booth full time. Letarte is very intelligent and savvy about the cars and technology, use him that way.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

What’s the discord for this clusterfuck? 😀

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Should have used the 500hp super Speedway package here, would be awesome to watch that shitstorm on this track.

I actually like this track, or the idea of NASCAR on a street circuit, but like, why not just loving use Long Beach and keep the Chicagoland oval which isn’t terrible?

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

CBJSprague24 posted:

I watched the 2002 July Busch race from Daytona last night and somehow found I'm finally OK-ish with this date belonging to another race.

...but a lightning delay in Chicago while it's spectacular in Daytona today. :ironicat:

That said, I'm eager to see how the Cup cars do here tomorrow. The Chicago street course is alright, but I think we can do a bit better with street racing.

I’m ok with moving the summer Daytona race elsewhere, but put it IN the playoffs. Not the last race before it.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

I keep wanting to say this was a bad race but it might be the best race of the year. Coolest winner of the year for sure.

If the weather wasn’t poo poo and they started at a normal time, 100 laps would have been pretty cool. I’d be down with this track again next year.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

I don’t see how the city is getting a raw deal? The setting was cool, the lead up anticipation was questionable, the end result was excellent to watch.

I mean this thread probably had more posts today for this race than any other race in a very long time.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

• Most-watched NASCAR Cup Series race on
NBC in six years, since Indianapolis in 2017 (5.647 million) and NBC Sports' eighth-most watched race under its current rights agreement;
• Most-watched NASCAR Cup Series race on any network since Daytona 500 (FOX; Feb. 19; 8.173 million);
• Projected to be the most-watched sporting event of the weekend;
• Up 144% vs. NBC Sports' second Cup Series race of the 2022 season (USA Network; 1.962 million; Road America)
• Up 72% vs. NBC Sports' 2022 Cup Series average on NBC (2.784 million)
• Most-streamed NASCAR Cup Series race in
NBC Sports history with 163,500 viewers across
Peacock and NBC Sports digital platforms

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

CBJSprague24 posted:

Also :lol: gently caress you, whoever wanted to make the series streaming-only.

Assuming CW can't use talent contracted by NBC and fox and everyone stays intact at those two networks, I wonder who they go with.

Give me a booth of AB, Andy Petree, and Wally Dallenbach with Ralph Sheheen, Jim Noble, and Matt Yocum on put road.

AB and Harvick. That would be a good Xfinity booth.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

The run off areas in turn 1 and exiting the carousel are loving stupid. Tighten those track limits up and I think the racing is better. I love WG but the changes to those turns has made the racing worse.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Good race, good winner. Hope Blaney wins the title.

Glad the race finished under green as well. Much better watching the lead cars have to fight through lap traffic and also watching Ryan pass Almirola on the outside was so much better than 3 GWC where 3/4 of the field gets torn up.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Hell yeah, happy for Blaney

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

RIP Cale. Bad rear end oldschool motherfucker of a race car driver.