Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
There are legitimately terrible places to exist, like the room in Room

But then there are places that suck to live in but aren’t actually hell on earth

Like New South Wales

And Ohio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I lived in Montana for a while and it’s only redeeming feature seemed to be it wasn’t North Dakota

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
the tunnels

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

N. Senada posted:

There are legitimately terrible places to exist, like the room in Room

But then there are places that suck to live in but aren’t actually hell on earth

Like New South Wales

And Ohio

Might want to check the news on Ohio

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

the forgotten corners of the Nostalgia For Infinity

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the hamptons

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Bad Purchase posted:

the hamptons

nuke the hamptons

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Hell isn't too bad

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

which level though?

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
everyone thinks Philly is awful because everyone there is insane and there are basically no rules, but it is actually great because everyone there is insane and there are basically no rules.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Alberta

E wait misread title. Definitely going with hell instead

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

there was no room in Room. Are you thinking of The Room?

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

TengenNewsEditor posted:

there was no room in Room. Are you thinking of The Room?

That can't be it, there are multiple rooms in The Room.

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

Dune? seems nicer than Ohio if you have a stillsuit. bring a stillsuit next time

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Geidi Prime? Sure the heart plugs are itchy but once you get used to them it's not too bad

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Albania's got a reputation as a depressing post communist shithole but then you go there and it's a depressing post-communist shithole with great weather, lovely people, a beautiful and surprisingly varied landscape, topped off with cheap and abundant cocaine.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Whorelord posted:

Albania's got a reputation as a depressing post communist shithole but then you go there and it's a depressing post-communist shithole with great weather, lovely people, a beautiful and surprisingly varied landscape, topped off with cheap and abundant cocaine.

how do they feel about useless american expats because I'm interested now

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Ohio and Indiana have always been and always will be hell on Earth as long as white people have lived there

John Bryant State Park is cool tho

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Oakland’s housing prices are high, there’s a lot of homelessness/blight, the city government is atrocious, property taxes are the highest in Northern California, the public schools are poo poo, and there’s a lot of property crime.

But it has some really good restaurants, a vibrant culture, very nice parks, and the location is really central.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Florida

lol j/k it's the worst

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Pinche Rudo posted:

Oakland’s housing prices are high, there’s a lot of homelessness/blight, the city government is atrocious, property taxes are the highest in Northern California, the public schools are poo poo, and there’s a lot of property crime.

But it has some really good restaurants, a vibrant culture, very nice parks, and the location is really central.

Don't forget Kreayshawn!

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

N. Senada posted:

I lived in Montana for a while and it’s only redeeming feature seemed to be it wasn’t North Dakota

I lived in North Dakota for awhile and it's only redeeming feature is that it's government is only slightly less insane then South Dakota.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Private Cumshoe posted:

how do they feel about useless american expats because I'm interested now

probably isn't a place in the world where they're liked more after nato killed all those serbs back in the 90s or whenever

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

MrQwerty posted:

Ohio and Indiana have always been and always will be hell on Earth as long as white people have lived there

John Bryant State Park is cool tho

the part of indiana along the ohio river is quite scenic and pleasant

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Pinche Rudo posted:

i lived in oakland years ago and loved it. unfortunately i dont think i could afford to live there anymore, at least not in the area where i used to live (lake meritt)

i live in la now and a lot of people talk poo poo about la, especially in the bay area where i'm from. but now i actually much prefer it to the bay, and there are a lot of really great areas in la if you know where to look

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Zippy the Bummer posted:

the part of indiana along the ohio river is quite scenic and pleasant

i would not want to spend much time along the ohio river these days regardless of what the scenery looks like, considering everything downstream of east palestine just got a dose of vinyl chloride and phosgene

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Salem, Oregon. It's more like Purgatory than Hell.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Minnesota rules but it is frozen at least 6 mos of the year

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

nantucket

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

worth it for the limericks at least

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
City life in California owns actually.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
RI, but living in Providence made me a better person. Had I not hosed off to Europe I think I’d make a loving attempt to move back. It’s like constantly living in hell but it’s also kinda cool?

Bad Purchase posted:

the hamptons

Wrong, give the Hamptons back to the rightful owners - the Shinnecock. The way the town of Southampton has treated them is loving shameful.

Absolutely beautiful area and I miss my commute sometimes when it’s not summer.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
antarctica, it's cold and incredibly remote with oppressive darkness and isolation

there are some downsides as well i guess

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Shinnecock is a way cooler name than Hamptons

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

everyone used to make fun of langford and now everyone lives in langford

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
three mile island

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Spokane didn’t have a ton of stuff to do and not great eastern Washington politics but my rent was only two figures and there were nice outdoors areas to camp.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

xanadu

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Salem, Oregon. It's more like Purgatory than Hell.

It also has the most aggressive and racist cops in the state.

Take that, Portland!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Austin, TX resides in the worst state in the union and mostly sucks rear end but there's good food and HEB