Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Have you guys heard about this? Apparently the publisher Puffin has hired sensitivity readers to rewrite chunks of the author’s text to make sure the books “can continue to be enjoyed by all today”, resulting in extensive changes across Dahl’s work.

Edits have been made to descriptions of characters’ physical appearances. The word “fat” has been cut from every new edition of relevant books, while the word “ugly” has also been culled

Unsurprisingly there's been some backlash, with one of the key issues relating to whether it's acceptable to retroactively change an author's words, with some even calling it outright censorship. What are your guys thoughts?

My thoughts are that this is overblown and not a really big deal. Also, I think CaptainSarcastic is the best mod and I fully support him and his excellent modding.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Feb 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU