Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

stills from the police training video "dating on duty: dos and don'ts"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Hell yeah

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I used to know a guy who'd browse the craigslist missed connections because "you never know". I think about that a lot

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Feel good story of the month, you love to see it. :five:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Milo and POTUS posted:

I used to know a guy who'd browse the craigslist missed connections because "you never know". I think about that a lot

I think I'd like to not think about that a lot. It's depressing

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

You never know when you might get to exploit a lonely person vulnerability.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Pissed erections

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

The Voice of Labor posted:

stills from the police training video "dating on duty: dos and don'ts"

what's the "don't" look like?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

What say you?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Jabberlock posted:

what's the "don't" look like?

there were a few "don'ts" in this segment; the officer should've attended his domestic rende vous accompanied by backup. after entering the premises and dispatching the dog, he should've reconnoitered the house to determine where his target was and whether his target was armed. there are a few other minor violations of departmental policy, mostly about the sequence of when to plant a drop gun in an officer involved shooting, but those are the big ones

The Voice of Labor fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Feb 20, 2023

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

It's a yikes from me

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Everyone knows gay Jesus is immune to mundane bullets :rolleyes:

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Milo and POTUS posted:

Did you ever see the website that hosted replies from the people who were the other side of the missed connection? They were hilarious:

Always woman

Always creeped out

Never found the guy appealing

Every case of “lots of eye contact” was actually “this guy kept following me around and staring at me and I got nervous and kept an eye on him”

99% of the time the “interaction” was between some loser and a staff member where the loser was

Good times.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4034635

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Missed connections was 50/50 weirdo stalkers and then rants about things people saw and wanted to complain about. It'd be like "TO THE BIKE RIDER ON WASHINGTON AVE NOON FRIDAY: what the gently caress are you doing your headlight isn't bright enough I didn't see you crossing the road and if you get hit like that its YOUR FAULT"

Great section of craigslist a classic really.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I saw you at the Goodwill, it looked like you were stealing something, you had beautiful dreadlocks and were wearing ill-fitting clothes

seemed like you were agoon, PM me and we wont press charges

Lusty Grundles
Jun 9, 2023

I saw you on the train, your breathing turned me on,
You caught me staring, in a flash you were gone,
Darling don't get the guard, I've done nothing bad,
Just come with me a sec, I uh... know your dad.

The additional touch of them shooting the guys' dog was sublime. Wonderful work.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

opening day

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4046669

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

3 days to retirement

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
You: petite brunette on the train clutching her mace
Me: creepy guy with piercing stare and unkempt beard

We made eye contact across the aisle before you grabbed your bag and moved to the front. I felt a spark, hoping you did too. You had a tattoo of gps coordinates on your calf. I looked them up, it is a base in Kandahar region. I was stationed there in 2018. I remember you, a KBR contractor managing construction of the rig. Do you have the coordinates of where we buried the object? I have a team that’s ready for extraction, all we need is the location.

Hoping to hear from you, I think this could change both of our lives.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

This is exactly why I always strike up a conversation with a woman when she’s reading or wearing headphones or doing something on her phone/laptop or sitting by herself on the bus or

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I was on the Karaoke singing "When I think about you I touch myself"

You were leaving.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I was man playing Minecraft on my Nintendo Switch ™️. You were the woman (man?) picking skin tags off your neck in the elevator next to me. Let’s plow!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
You: A female human being out in the world somewhere
Me: Sitting at home

We both existed in the same plane of reality yet somehow missed connecting with each other. Please contact me, I think this could be the start of something special.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Me: The Ferengi at the Chula table.
You: The Dabo :females: across the room.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

Me: The Ferengi at the Chula table.
You: The Dabo :females: across the room.

DABO!!!

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

You: Big boobs.
Me: Staring at them and drooling.

Did you sense the amazing chemistry between us?

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

This thread got me to check my local missed connections and there's a guy looking for a 50-60 year old trucker with a sleeper cab to bring his wife up north, and a person who posted a huge wall of text about wanting to reconnect with a childhood friend, but apparently last time that friend reached out to them they had forgotten who they were and were weird and dismissive but hopefully we can put that behind us and catch up now that they can remember you again!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'm in orbit around C34-55C, currently on the long loop behind the Star, I saw your ship 3 weeks ago on the midswing.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

rear end-penny posted:

This thread got me to check my local missed connections and there's a guy looking for a 50-60 year old trucker with a sleeper cab to bring his wife up north, and a person who posted a huge wall of text about wanting to reconnect with a childhood friend, but apparently last time that friend reached out to them they had forgotten who they were and were weird and dismissive but hopefully we can put that behind us and catch up now that they can remember you again!

I just looked at mine.
A post titled "hotdogs!"
"Most of us don't want to admit to enjoying hotdogs. But the truth is, most savor each and every bit of one... Am I the only one in this boat?"

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Grey Cat posted:

I just looked at mine.
A post titled "hotdogs!"
"Most of us don't want to admit to enjoying hotdogs. But the truth is, most savor each and every bit of one... Am I the only one in this boat?"

Message this person

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Saalkin posted:

Message this person

I'll return if I get a response

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Grey Cat posted:

I just looked at mine.
A post titled "hotdogs!"

I'd say buy them an account but they are probably already a goon if that is the energy they are bringing to CL.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

You left an argyle sock at the 122nd street laundry - a romcom

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Grey Cat posted:

I just looked at mine.
A post titled "hotdogs!"

Why not suggest a gettogether to charge each other's dogs before eating them.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

e:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
dang marty

110623_3
Nov 6, 2023
i can't help that i'm blind!