Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/explosion-rocks-ohio-metals-plant-local-media-2023-02-20/

Your state is falling apart.

Your legislators are rich though. Small comfort

editthread titles are hard

sure okay fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Feb 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Cleveland Rocks!

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Cleveland's Rocks!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
is the river still on fire

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Them cavs tho

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
There's going to be a third one when Trump comes to visit

zone
Dec 6, 2016
Man, Ohio just can't seem to catch a break huh

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

ohio gozaimasu

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

quote:

DiRocco said he had inspected the site before and found it a safe place "except for the fact that it's a foundry. You are dealing with molten metal, so there's always an inherent danger."

No danger besides the obvious

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

https://i.imgur.com/MBlS7Wr.mp4

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

so DeWine on scene to tell everyone that there is no environmental contamination from lead or copper when

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

MrQwerty posted:

so DeWine on scene to tell everyone that there is no environmental contamination from lead or copper when

Lead and copper are naturally occurring elements. No reason to consider them "dangerous" or a "contamination" in any sense.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
is the state still on fire

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Theres nothing wrong with Ohio
Except the snow and the rain
And the skys on fire
And breathing the air will damage your brain

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
All dead in Ohio

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

God's will for all the wickedness in Ohio

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Americans are acting like Ohio is another country and this doesn't apply to them because they're in Mississippi or something when you should just be worried about this thing happening in your country at all.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Caesar Saladin posted:

Americans are acting like Ohio is another country and this doesn't apply to them because they're in Mississippi or something when you should just be worried about this thing happening in your country at all.

As a non-American I have seen no end to the evidence on display that every single state in the USA believes itself a country unto itself. The fact that apparently states can just up and make laws that disagree with everyone else, just fucken because, is a good example. Oh, you aren't meant to beat people to death? gently caress you, we (Texas probably) have passed a law saying it's okay.

Oh, alcohol is legal? Not in this state buddy! Oh, even if it is this specific county is gonna say "gently caress you" and say it's illegal now.

Libertarians aren't that weird, they're just honest about the fact that they're doing what every single step in the American governing system is already doing. That is, I do what I want and no one else tells me what to do.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe

Caesar Saladin posted:

things like this don't happen to good christians like me & mine. maybe ohioans should stop offering up their young to their strange, unspeakable gods and accept the light of our lord

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Caesar Saladin posted:

*Taps sign*

Smugworth posted:

God's will for all the wickedness in Ohio

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I mean we haven't had Infrastructure Week for a while now, what did we expect

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

STABASS posted:

things like this don't happen to good christians like me & mine. maybe ohioans should stop offering up their young to their strange, unspeakable gods and accept the light of our lord

I agree with you, Gov. DeSantis.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Caesar Saladin posted:

No one is doing this it’s just we can’t be loving miserable all the goddamn time over every goddamn horrible thing that happens every loving day in America so we make dumb jokes to try to get through the day

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Look, it may not be the perfect system, but passing our newborns across the fire to Moloch is the best we have to ensure prosperity, growth, and innovation.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Look, it may not be the perfect system, but passing our newborns across the fire to Moloch is the best we have to ensure prosperity, growth, and innovation.

Aaand of course antifa had to poke their head into the thread :rolleyes:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I thought there was freedom of religion and free exchange of ideas in this county

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Just wait.

One of the future accidents will by chance be the cure for all the other accidents.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Americans acting like this barely controlled chaos is new is funny because America has literally always been like this, it's entire loving history, it's just that for brief decades America has moments of almost calmness before it descends back into insanity.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

america has pooped in her own pants. again.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
I knew this was happening, that's why I moved away from Ohio back in 05.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

A Festivus Miracle posted:

Americans acting like this barely controlled chaos is new is funny because America has literally always been like this, it's entire loving history, it's just that for brief decades America has moments of almost calmness before it descends back into insanity.

Decades is rich.

Also twitter

naem
May 29, 2011

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
I am from Ohio and I am doing just fat fine. I read the following quote from an article when I looked up to see what the mass casualty event was that I was alerted about.

"I'm finishing my porkchop from Tasty Take-Outs, like I usually do ... finished my porkchop ... next thing you know—BOOM. 'I looked over and it was just ... boom. Ridiculous, I don't know how nothing hit me,".

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11774625/Bedford-explosion-Ohio-maintenance-worker-killed-metal-manufacturing-plant-identified.html

I couldn't have said it better myself.

:discourse:

naem
May 29, 2011

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

What's the difference from a regular Ohioan?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

McGavin posted:

What's the difference from a regular Ohioan?

More teeth

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

drunkb posted:

"I'm finishing my porkchop from Tasty Take-Outs, like I usually do ... finished my porkchop ... next thing you know—BOOM. 'I looked over and it was just ... boom. Ridiculous, I don't know how nothing hit me,".

One one the single most Ohio sentences ever uttered

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Crazy how Ohio has two NFL teams and two MLB teams and they all just loving suck. You'd think one would be good, but no, all just terrible franchises that bring only pain and misery to the state.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Extra Large Marge posted:

Crazy how Ohio has two NFL teams and two MLB teams and they all just loving suck. You'd think one would be good, but no, all just terrible franchises that bring only pain and misery to the state.

that's because existence in Ohio is but pain and misery itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Ohio roughly translates to Hell on Earth in the ancient tongues.