Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i think i might know literally nothing about ohio.

is that the one with the mormons? or corn or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigSexy
Apr 21, 2020

syntaxfunction posted:

As a non-American I have seen no end to the evidence on display that every single state in the USA believes itself a country unto itself. The fact that apparently states can just up and make laws that disagree with everyone else, just fucken because, is a good example. Oh, you aren't meant to beat people to death? gently caress you, we (Texas probably) have passed a law saying it's okay.

Oh, alcohol is legal? Not in this state buddy! Oh, even if it is this specific county is gonna say "gently caress you" and say it's illegal now.

Libertarians aren't that weird, they're just honest about the fact that they're doing what every single step in the American governing system is already doing. That is, I do what I want and no one else tells me what to do.

I don’t think most states think of themselves as countries. Probably would be more specific to geographic regions but even that varies significantly between urban and rural areas

Also America has 350 million people. It wouldn’t really make sense to have the same laws everywhere. There are dry counties (can’t buy alcohol) in my state but the entire county has a population of like 10k in a state of 10 million so it’s not going to affect anyone who doesn’t live in that county, which they voted for

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Extra Large Marge posted:

Crazy how Ohio has two NFL teams and two MLB teams and they all just loving suck. You'd think one would be good, but no, all just terrible franchises that bring only pain and misery to the state.

You don't watch football if you think the Bengals suck. I mean, gently caress the Bengals, but they certainly don't suck.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

They were there for a while, but not really. Corn is Indiana. Ohio used to be a major industrial center and where the aviation industry was born and centered.

Not anymore, though, it's been dying for a long time and this poo poo ain't doing it any favors.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

It should be against the law to kill your employee with an exploding factory.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

the rust belt states seem pretty bad. also the south, and the midwest, and everything west of the mississippi.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Zil posted:

Ohio roughly translates to Hell on Earth in the ancient tongues.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

drunkb posted:

You don't watch football if you think the Bengals suck. I mean, gently caress the Bengals, but they certainly don't suck.

Ok fine. How many times do I have to watch the Bengals gently caress up in the playoffs before I'm allowed to have an opinion?

I'm at around 9 now

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

does this guy know how to party or what!?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

It’s high in the middle and round on both ends

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

it’s north florida

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Bad Purchase posted:

it’s north florida

The older neighborhoods in Tampa literally look like Dayton with slightly different flora

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Feb 21, 2023

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

deeply cursed

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Looks great op

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Zil posted:

deeply cursed

But Skyline is a delicacy!

Skyline chili is not a delicacy

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Caesar Saladin posted:

Americans are acting like Ohio is another country and this doesn't apply to them because they're in Mississippi or something when you should just be worried about this thing happening in your country at all.

america is really big ok. i live in a regular size state (va) and it can take 8 hours to go from one end to the other. ok. so caring about something happening on another state is like caring about the moon. its super far.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Personally I think we should improve things somewhat.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

You wanna NMS this bullshit please!? :mods:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

MrQwerty posted:

But Skyline is a delicacy!

Skyline chili is not a delicacy

So you're saying that skyline was the first tragedy to strike Ohio?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

sounds like we got ourselves a land of contrasts

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Ok fine. How many times do I have to watch the Bengals gently caress up in the playoffs before I'm allowed to have an opinion?

I'm at around 9 now

Not sure, but not winning the superbowl = sucks is a funny bar to set lol.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

The Bengals could always give Mark Davis an offer he can't refuse for Josh McDaniels' dumb rear end, then you could find out what sucking truly is

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

MrQwerty posted:

Josh McDaniels

Hasn't Ohio suffered enough???

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Hasn't Ohio suffered enough???

:lol:

naem
May 29, 2011

Ohio is exactly equidistant from Chicago and the big east coast cities

so while new yorkers move inland to buy houses and colonize New Jersey, and New Jersey moves further inland to own land in pennsylvania, and Chicago has monied settlers populating a similar kind of zone of influence within 100 or so miles,

Ohio is right in the middle and too far for those groups to bring money/industry/civilization with them, it becomes kind of a null zone

and then due to:

MrQwerty posted:

They were there for a while, but not really. Corn is Indiana. Ohio used to be a major industrial center and where the aviation industry was born and centered.

Not anymore, though, it's been dying for a long time and this poo poo ain't doing it any favors.

the main population left in the state now have a kind of cultural memory of blue collar factory work that doesn’t exist any more and there is a kind of sullen bitterness in the air at times

it doesn’t quite have the level of picturesque natural beauty that say Michigan has if you like trees, water, and weather too cold to be outside half the year

housing costs are really low, like buy a house for cash low, but you’d have to bring your own money to live off of

also now, deadly toxic murder poison

https://youtu.be/ysmLA5TqbIY

https://youtu.be/oZzgAjjuqZM

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Flavahbeast posted:

ohio gozaimasu

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Lets at least have all the facts before we start laying blame

Ohio cryptids

Some heavy hitters in there.

Wee fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Feb 21, 2023

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Piss Creep posted:

Lets at least have all the facts before we start laying blame

Ohio cryptids

that's probably all sightings of the same chick

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

the Loveland Frogman and the Dogman had a baby and the Loveman Frogdog blew up the vinyl chloride and the lead factory

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I blame grassman

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Crazy how Mothman isn't #1. He has a movie starring Richard Gere

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

yeah but he's just stolen from WV

kntfkr posted:

that's probably all sightings of the same chick

:lol:

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

I was born in Ohio and Gold Star is good. I will fight anyone on this opinion.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

That list is sorted by some other system where Mothman is actually #1

The Jackie "Ohio" Numbergood System.

By Jackie Numbergood

Wee fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Feb 21, 2023

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Super Bowl losses, chemical explosions, and stealing cryptids from West Virginia. Ohio sure does suck!!!!

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Supreme Allah posted:

america is really big ok. i live in a regular size state (va) and it can take 8 hours to go from one end to the other. ok. so caring about something happening on another state is like caring about the moon. its super far.

american states act like they are different countries because they have different names for sandwiches

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Round on the end, hi in the middle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTtDyVTdOtE

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Caesar Saladin posted:

american states act like they are different countries because they have different names for sandwiches

If some one is kind of far away like across the road, I vote NO!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Prof. Crocodile posted:

You wanna NMS this bullshit please!? :mods:
if you remove the spaghetti it's very tasty. just load the chili up with cheese and oyster crackers until it's a delicious goop