Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i was watching my nephew scroll through Roblox games and there's a bunch that are hilariously grim like "SURVIVE OHIO" and "OHIO SIMULATOR" where everything's lovely and people are shooting each other and stuff and its kind of funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
JD Vance easily became an Ohio Senator by running on a "You people are stupid hicks and I hope you all die" platform.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Extra Large Marge posted:

JD Vance easily became an Ohio Senator by running on a "You people are stupid hicks and I hope you all die" platform.

It's pretty loving amazing and a testament to the state of my ancestral homeland, tbqh

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Why does Ohio get so much hate when Indiana and Illinois are right there?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

interwhat posted:

Why does Ohio get so much hate when Indiana and Illinois are right there?

I have equal amounts of hate for Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky.

pretty sweet the other quarter of the family are Puerto Ricans from Hawaii and my parents didn't stop running away from the big three until they hit NM tho lol

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Do not fear Ohio. If you are not near then it cannot hurt you.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Prettz posted:

if you remove the spaghetti it's very tasty. just load the chili up with cheese and oyster crackers until it's a delicious goop

I don't understand why they don't have french fries or Fritos in ohio

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Saalkin posted:

Do not fear Ohio. If you are not near then it cannot hurt you.

what about them shooting poison into the sky

naem
May 29, 2011

Prettz posted:

if you remove the spaghetti it's very tasty. just load the chili up with cheese and oyster crackers until it's a delicious goop

https://youtu.be/3ZMZsIn4B_U

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I feel like Ohio is benign Florida north when Indiana, the wet blubbery fart of the Midwest is right there. loving Mike Pence came from there, and somehow managed to gin up a loving HIV outbreak. EVENTUALLY come the needle exchanges and safe injection sites, but Pence created his own problem so he could champion his solution. gently caress Indiana, but some of them deserved way better.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

There are worse places to live than Ohio.

...were you waiting on me to provide examples?

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Smugworth posted:

I don't understand why they don't have french fries or Fritos in ohio

https://www.goldstarchili.com/menu/chili-cheese-fries

https://www.goldstarchili.com/menu/gorito

They do, everyone just likes to make fun of a 3 way.

Tellaris
Dec 23, 2005

Cat On Rope Entertainment: Random comments since 2004

Cincinnati chili is delicious and I will fight to the death to protect the only good thing from Ohio. I was born there so I would know.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
i don't know where or what ohio is

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
didn;'t read the thread obviously

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Looks like Ohio has a bad case of explosive diarrhea.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JttJVZdwIlo
Is the chemicals or is it the chili? There’s no way of knowing. :iiam:

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

wait isnt ohio in idaho?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

ohio is a pokemon. here's one doing that thing where they shout the name of their species.

https://www.youtube.com/clip/UgkxK9TJixuIHxlsDmxpAU1CfgymxoE-eVQl

Bad Purchase fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Feb 21, 2023

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Apprentice Dick posted:

I was born in Ohio

i am so, so sorry. dm me if you ever need help. please dont be afraid to reach out

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It's a Japanese curse word

naem
May 29, 2011

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
get your poo poo together ohio

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
Why hath thou forsaken us, touchdown jesus?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

MrQwerty posted:

the Loveland Frogman and the Dogman had a baby and the Loveman Frogdog blew up the vinyl chloride and the lead factory

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

its all nice on rice posted:

Lead and copper are naturally occurring elements. No reason to consider them "dangerous" or a "contamination" in any sense.

Can't fool me thems there are two chemicals

Possibly nano chemicals

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008
the toxic waste is just doing what everyone else does when they get to ohio: immediately try and escape

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021

Zil posted:

So you're saying that skyline was the first tragedy to strike Ohio?

A third skyline chili has hit the Ohio!!!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

SAY YOHO posted:

A third skyline chili has hit the Ohio!!!

*dips saltine into oyster cracker*

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

drunkb posted:

Why hath thou forsaken us, touchdown jesus?

Touchdown Jesus burnt down years ago and they replaced it with five dollar footlong Jesus.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Apprentice Dick posted:

Touchdown Jesus burnt down years ago and they replaced it with five dollar footlong Jesus.

drat. I knew it burnt down a long time ago. I didn’t know that they replaced it though.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Ohio.jpg

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
Ohio acts very south for being very north but without the benefit of sunshine.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Last Chance posted:

what about them shooting poison into the sky

The state boarders will protect us

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Remember when West, Tx detonated and everyone went hmmm, probably shouldn't have built so close to Mt ANFO

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

The thing about Ohio is, it's hi in the middle and round at both ends. O-hi-O, geddit?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

syntaxfunction posted:

As a non-American I have seen no end to the evidence on display that every single state in the USA believes itself a country unto itself. The fact that apparently states can just up and make laws that disagree with everyone else, just fucken because, is a good example. Oh, you aren't meant to beat people to death? gently caress you, we (Texas probably) have passed a law saying it's okay.

Oh, alcohol is legal? Not in this state buddy! Oh, even if it is this specific county is gonna say "gently caress you" and say it's illegal now.

Libertarians aren't that weird, they're just honest about the fact that they're doing what every single step in the American governing system is already doing. That is, I do what I want and no one else tells me what to do.

They're literally called (nation) states. The initial attempt at US government was an EU styled collection of independent states and it flopped so hard they wrote the current constitution. Why did it flop so hard? Because the states gave even less of a gently caress about everyone else and nobody bothered with poo poo like standardized currencies or regulations. Or paying any taxes to the fed which had zero power to collect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Apprentice Dick posted:

They replaced it because after their Jesus statue was smote from heaven itself they all came to the stunning realization that "Wow, God said we should've made it fire proof" and learned nothing else