Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Bukowski

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

The puppet dance competition is complete! Watch here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeC0acHg6rg

Your judging was more grace effort skill and class and I entered into my submission. I am shamed and I will redouble my efforts. Thank you Taskmaster. Congrats Snuff on winning, you had an excellent puppet dance

I'm just waking up, slept in today so good luck to the flyers!

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Feb 25, 2023

Thank you Saoshyant for the lovely signature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeC0acHg6rg

Beautiful lol

ty manifisto

teen witch

Task 11

Dying alone. Spontaneous combustion. Sock puppets. Everyone is afraid of something, and if you aren’t, I’ll give you something.

That fear?
Ruminate, now.
Explore it.
Swim in it.

As you are swimming along in your deepest fear, allow these questions to float by you. Answer them, or let them drift away.

- Am I scared? Or was I told this is scary, adapting another's fear?
- How much is your fear costing you in terms of health and happiness?
- What did you fear as a child? Teenager? How did you overcome these fears, if you did?
- Is your ego invested in your afraid of? Who are you with it, and without it?
- Thinking about your fear: do you feel it in your body? Sense your mouth drying up? Shake, twitch, rock?
- What about it scares you the most?

Unfortunately you swim a bit further, and you come across what looks like terra firma. You climb out of the water, relieved. Turning to see where exactly you are amid this endless sea of dread, you spot it out of the corner of your eye. Your fear.

Your task is to do something about it. Your task is to do something you are afraid of.

Dive back into the water, and show us how you swam. Text, visuals, sound - there are many ways to swim.

I don’t ask for conquest and victory over your fear. Nor do I ask for something that will put you or others in harms way. No fear is too small, too silly or too obscure.

Afraid of grapefruit? Drink its juice.
Terrified of confined spaces? Walk right into one and sing to the scaries.
Fear of death? Give it a kiss on the cheek and invite them to go color.

However or whatever you decide to do, in whatever form, I will need it by 6PM, Feb 25th. This you may post in the thread.

Now dive into the depths.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Feb 25, 2023

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

:aaa:

hi teen witch! Love your /r/relationships thread!

I slept through the dang 1PM due date challenge it seems. Still need to cram my diorama too :ohdear: Smashing a quick breakfast then I'm on to the tasks, Alex.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Snuff Melange posted:

:aaa:

hi teen witch! Love your /r/relationships thread!

I slept through the dang 1PM due date challenge it seems. Still need to cram my diorama too :ohdear: Smashing a quick breakfast then I'm on to the tasks, Alex.

It's been extended to 10AM tomorrow!

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

[video]

Haha I just caught up and watched this, thank you very much judges! Charles I loved your submission, once again had me laughing real good!

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

looking forward to season 2 where i'm not working and prepping for a show the entire time :o:

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Charles Bukowski

Viginti Septem posted:

It's been extended to 10AM tomorrow!

sorry has the diorama been extended or the flyer?

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Charles Bukowski posted:

sorry has the diorama been extended or the flyer?

the flyer

Charles Bukowski

Thank you. Okay so prioritize fear stuff (thank you for reminding me to take my anxiety medicine) for 6pm EASTERN time I assume? No wait finish editing photos together for diorama, then work on fear, with ideas for flyer task I slept through. Okay Alex can you brew a pot of coffee for me, I'm going to need some more wake up juice.

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

yeah diorama is due between 3pm and 4pm, so thats my first priority, then fear challenge by 6pm I think. I have some good ideas for fear D:

Charles Bukowski

My fear is very metaphysical so I am going to go lie down in the dark and let my mind wander as to how to convey that in a way people could see. And how to make it funny.

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

My plan isn't far off from that actually -- I am afraid of spiders and I have a utility closet that goes largely unused and undisturbed so I'm thinking it might be a spidery location. Going to sit there with the door closed behind me in the dark and take some POV shots I guess?

Charles Bukowski

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

Hello I have never made a diorama but I think I got what I wanted to convey. The majesty of one's first outing through the natural world during its rebirth while also preparing for the realities of it, plus getting loaded.

We have our hero, the intrepid and noble possum "lil posso" enjoying their spliff and Miller high life (the champagne of beers) on their nature quest. As you can see the sun is finally out after a thousand gray skies to melt away all the snow that made us sleepy. They have brought their sweet binoculars they got at a garage sale as well as their smart business umbrella they got at a lost and found when it was raining out last. They've also brought their sensibly priced Kabar, portable james joyce, and afterbite for the bazillion mosquitoes that exist now that we don't gas everyone and everything with DDT anymore. Watch out lil' posso, there's a lovely yet dangerous mother owl observing you from afar. Luckily you can quickly fashion a tree limb into human's oldest and greatest tool, the spear, using your kabar you smartly decided to bring. You will fend mother owl off until similarities can be established rather than differences and bonds can be formed out of mutual respect and friendship. Until then, you spin that spear around your back and shoulders and do some sweet crouching tiger poo poo that looks dope as hell and intimidates the deck out of Mrs Owl. Hiyaaaaah, whoosh whoosh. What's a diorama?

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Feb 25, 2023

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

Just finished up my diorama, down to the wire!

As you can see, we have the Taskmaster and Little Alex Horne on the right, with their usual trappings. Spring decorations are spread throughout to help everyone appreciate the season, and we're joined by an adorable kitten in a hammock and the Snail With Human Titties.

To the left, some of the contestants are depicted in our lounge area, sat across from the Taskmaster just like on tv!

If I can critique myself for a moment, I think it could definitely have made better use of 3D space, but I'm moving slow today and didn't think of anything better in the time remaining. Looking forward to catching up on the thread and seeing other submissions, I've been hurrying to get this done!

Manifisto

I have an unofficial entry, just getting the photo prepped and uploaded!

ty nesamdoom!

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

I love Lil Posso. His spirit is indominable and he leaves me inspired to work hard and compete to my utmost ability

Charles Bukowski

I love that you incorporated both taskmaster and byob themes into your diorama rather than grabbing things from your cabinet of fun and sharp things.

Manifisto

good thing this is not for points, being late!

the byob residents are doing a maypole thing over on the right, but the smart ones are paying attention to that taskmaster trophy!

oh and entries are now CLOSED for the task!

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

lol that the glue is not yet dry on my non-entry, it looks slapdash and extremely byob

ty nesamdoom!

Charles Bukowski

I think it is excellent!

FluffieDuckie

TASK 9 JUDGING

Charles Bukowski posted:

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

Hello I have never made a diorama but I think I got what I wanted to convey. The majesty of one's first outing through the natural world during its rebirth while also preparing for the realities of it, plus getting loaded.

We have our hero, the intrepid and noble possum "lil posso" enjoying their spliff and Miller high life (the champagne of beers) on their nature quest. As you can see the sun is finally out after a thousand gray skies to melt away all the snow that made us sleepy. They have brought their sweet binoculars they got at a garage sale as well as their smart business umbrella they got at a lost and found when it was raining out last. They've also brought their sensibly priced Kabar, portable james joyce, and afterbite for the bazillion mosquitoes that exist now that we don't gas everyone and everything with DDT anymore. Watch out lil' posso, there's a lovely yet dangerous mother owl observing you from afar. Luckily you can quickly fashion a tree limb into human's oldest and greatest tool, the spear, using your kabar you smartly decided to bring. You will fend mother owl off until similarities can be established rather than differences and bonds can be formed out of mutual respect and friendship. Until then, you spin that spear around your back and shoulders and do some sweet crouching tiger poo poo that looks dope as hell and intimidates the deck out of Mrs Owl. Hiyaaaaah, whoosh whoosh. What's a diorama?

This entry is spectacular. I'm in love with posse and and personally vested in his journey. i loved him so much I showed the whole household and we all laughed and cried. Extra points for your monkey socks. I award this effort 5 points. Thank you for sharing.

Snuff Melange posted:

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

Just finished up my diorama, down to the wire!

As you can see, we have the Taskmaster and Little Alex Horne on the right, with their usual trappings. Spring decorations are spread throughout to help everyone appreciate the season, and we're joined by an adorable kitten in a hammock and the Snail With Human Titties.

To the left, some of the contestants are depicted in our lounge area, sat across from the Taskmaster just like on tv!

If I can critique myself for a moment, I think it could definitely have made better use of 3D space, but I'm moving slow today and didn't think of anything better in the time remaining. Looking forward to catching up on the thread and seeing other submissions, I've been hurrying to get this done!

This entry wins the award for best use of byob posters and memes. Anytime I get to see a snail with human titties you know I'm going to have a good day. An excellent effort and best depiction of what it probably looks like to be physically inside byob. I award this entry 5 points. Good job.

Manifisto posted:

good thing this is not for points, being late!

the byob residents are doing a maypole thing over on the right, but the smart ones are paying attention to that taskmaster trophy!

oh and entries are now CLOSED for the task!

I'm told I can't judge this one but lets just say that if I COULD judge it I would award it best use of glue and googly eyes and award it maximum points.

Thank you for inviting me to participate. It was good to see my yobber friends again. And thank you Manifisto for all the work you've done on this project. You've gone above and beyond :love:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

love the scenery and the Maypole really adds something to it

Manifisto

FluffieDuckie posted:

TASK 9 JUDGING

This entry is spectacular. I'm in love with posse and and personally vested in his journey. i loved him so much I showed the whole household and we all laughed and cried. Extra points for your monkey socks. I award this effort 5 points. Thank you for sharing.

This entry wins the award for best use of byob posters and memes. Anytime I get to see a snail with human titties you know I'm going to have a good day. An excellent effort and best depiction of what it probably looks like to be physically inside byob. I award this entry 5 points. Good job.

I'm told I can't judge this one but lets just say that if I COULD judge it I would award it best use of glue and googly eyes and award it maximum points.

Thank you for inviting me to participate. It was good to see my yobber friends again. And thank you Manifisto for all the work you've done on this project. You've gone above and beyond :love:

thank you so much fluffie! you have done an amazing job as a guest judge, and it is so great to see you back in byob! don't be a stranger!

also, EXCELLENT JOB to the diorama entries! well done everyone!

ty nesamdoom!

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Okay here goes nothing, FEAR TASK:

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION:

As previously mentioned in passing, I'm afraid of spiders. They creep me out and I hate thinking about them being near me or having to see them. My straightforward first idea was to hang out in the dark in possibly one of the spider-heaviest areas of my apartment, a utility closet which is never disturbed:

You can see it's not really the most inviting space to look at, to begin with. My apartment, being geographically centered where it is, is also a hotspot for CENTIPEDES, which upon further thought I am even more afraid of then spiders. They're so fast, they have WAY too many legs, and they always show up when you let your guard down. Also, Not-Safe-For-Life fun fact about centipedes: they love heat so it's not unheard of for them to crawl at / on you in bed at night or in other spaces :( :( :(

With this in mind, I have further introduced the symbolic addition of my fear of centipedes, in the form of an un-opened centipede sticky pad trap which does visually also resemble many centipedes:

Now well prepared with at least two fears, and the arguable third fear of enclosure in a dark, small space where I am vulnerable and also blind to these monsters, I entered my self-made torture chamber:

I'll tell you, it didn't feel great to be in there even standing up, and I did start to feel my fear levels creep up surprisingly high even within mere moments. To fully put my self to the test in confronting the aforementioned fears, I made myself sit down crosslegged, both hindering my ability to quickly escape and putting myself in closer proximity to the floor upon which centipedes and spiders might lurk.

I didn't like that much at all. Looking to the left, all the twisting and winding forms of machinery felt increasingly likely to contain spiders just out of view:

Feeling accomplished enough and sufficiently afraid, I'm not ashamed to admit I made my exit very shortly after, and gave a quick shudder in catharsis.

Goons Are Gifts

thank you fluffie for being part of this, absolutely MAGICAL
god I love these dioramas and everything goons have submitted in the wake of this event, you guys are crazy creative I can't believe this is all really happening!!

Manifisto

This does not count as an entry for Teen Witch's fear task for several reasons, but I note it for the record. You may remember that last night's crang cocktail included a piece of preserved lemon. well that is from a jar of preserved lemons that has probably been in my refrigerator for seven or eight years. I ate most of them a while back but there are still a couple of pieces. honestly I have been unsure whether eating them would kill me. but, the piece I had last night did not kill me, it was in fact delicious! so I did face a fear in connection with taskmaster!!

ty nesamdoom!

Charles Bukowski

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

After taking this way too seriously I decided to just think of one of my many fears and pick one before my head exploded! Internet test told me Fear of Decision Making should be addressed. Oh gosh, its Saturday, I can't call the government today, lets think of something simpler shall we? Something a little more fun. Uhh, uhh, KITTIES!!!

These are the current kitties up for adoption at my local SPCA. They didn't have any kitties in a while and oh boy there's a bumper crop of pretty light coloured ones! Like my ms paint says, how do you choose your new bestie floofy friend that you will be feeding and cleaning their poo poo up and kissing their heads constantly? I needed to go outside and clear my head to even begin thinking on this.

Its cold. Cold and difficult to make a decision about an adorable little poop monster that might bite me. Arr rarrr rarr you vicious beast you're biting me, arrrrrr.

Finally, gazing up into the cold and unforgiving horizon, my decision came to me. Because I was starting at it. Duh.

I'm gonna come rescue you buddy.

Manifisto

Charles Bukowski posted:

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

After taking this way too seriously I decided to just think of one of my many fears and pick one before my head exploded! Internet test told me Fear of Decision Making should be addressed. Oh gosh, its Saturday, I can't call the government today, lets think of something simpler shall we? Something a little more fun. Uhh, uhh, KITTIES!!!

These are the current kitties up for adoption at my local SPCA. They didn't have any kitties in a while and oh boy there's a bumper crop of pretty light coloured ones! Like my ms paint says, how do you choose your new bestie floofy friend that you will be feeding and cleaning their poo poo up and kissing their heads constantly? I needed to go outside and clear my head to even begin thinking on this.

Its cold. Cold and difficult to make a decision about an adorable little poop monster that might bite me. Arr rarrr rarr you vicious beast you're biting me, arrrrrr.

Finally, gazing up into the cold and unforgiving horizon, my decision came to me. Because I was starting at it. Duh.

I'm gonna come rescue you buddy.

holy hell :unsmith:

ty nesamdoom!

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Charles Bukowski posted:

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

oh my god I love it.

If you do follow through on this (not to pressure you, I don't know exactly where this task ends and reality begins here), I desperately want pics. Mr. Sky looks very regal and pleasant to be around.

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Charles Bukowski posted:

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Manifisto

So to lay out what's coming up, at some point we will have judgment for the fear tasks, and I will post the running totals after that. I'm going to leave tonight and tomorrow early morning open for people to finish up their chillinternet.club flyers. I did have an overnight task prepared for the evening, but I feel like there's plenty going on and it would probably be too much . . . so we'll save this one for a future taskmaster perhaps!

tomorrow is the final day for taskmaster 2023! your flyers are due at 10:00am, then at 11:00am we will have a brand new task! for those of you who might want to get on the board so you can lord your Taskmaster participant gang tag over everyone, and maybe score a cool lapel pin, well, tomorrow's your chance! and the race for first place is currently looking very close!

ty nesamdoom!

teen witch
I see that we have two fear facers tonight!

Snuff Melange - despite my spooky demeanor, not a fan of things with too many legs myself! to sit in the dark, and face it, the unknown takes some chutzpah. couldn’t be me, especially the centipedes, holy poo poo no no no no. you get a four because that is the maximum amount of appendages a creature should have.

Charles Bukowski - I have three jerk sons myself, and they’re my sun, moon and stars. it’s a scary commitment sometimes, and I’ve had to face so much fear with them and their well-being, that I’d lose them too soon. but it’s undeniable how worth it that plunge was, and I regret none of it. you get a five but if you get him and not share images I will disqualify you immediately.

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

:toot:

thank you judge! I'm glad Charles got a well deserved five

Charles Bukowski

No I would like you to get the 5 and me to get the 4.

Manifisto

teen witch posted:

I see that we have two fear facers tonight!

Snuff Melange - despite my spooky demeanor, not a fan of things with too many legs myself! to sit in the dark, and face it, the unknown takes some chutzpah. couldn’t be me, especially the centipedes, holy poo poo no no no no. you get a four because that is the maximum amount of appendages a creature should have.

Charles Bukowski - I have three jerk sons myself, and they’re my sun, moon and stars. it’s a scary commitment sometimes, and I’ve had to face so much fear with them and their well-being, that I’d lose them too soon. but it’s undeniable how worth it that plunge was, and I regret none of it. you get a five but if you get him and not share images I will disqualify you immediately.

thank you so much teen witch for your amazing judging!

The competition is neck and neck for first place!

Charles Bukowski 42
Snuff Melange 41
Rarity 26
biosterous 16
your friend sk 13
Dumb Sex-Parrot 12
Stoner Sloth 12
barnold 10
Finger Prince 9
Quadramind 7
Tiny Myers 6
Saoshyant 3
Viginti Septem 3
Heather Papps 1

see y'all at 10:00am! and good morning and welcome to the Taskmaster finale everyone!

ty nesamdoom!

Stoner Sloth

sorry i haven't participated as much as i would have liked - as i suspected timing and stuff i had to do got in the way - but I have enjoyed watching and being a part of this where i could! looking forward to seeing the exciting conclusion!!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Yup. Work is killing me. I will task as much as I can today, but no promises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

oh by the way, in terms of what's at stake

I said that the WINNER of this competition will have the rights to a special community badge that only they can wear! this is comparable to the Mx. BYOB tag that alnilam earned a few years back.

here is the coveted winner's gang tag: