Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Hi folks, Snuff "Acaster" Melange here. I was meant to be here on time, but nobody told me you lot were getting started. You're in for stiff competition next task, dweebs.
:cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Imagine I'm showing up today in a tracksuit and doing stretches off to the side of the Taskmaster set

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

mother of god

e: if only you could snip my memory

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3981248&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2

Escape From Noise posted:

Could... could I maybe be spooky?

Of course you can, buddy!

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

A lot of solid entries this morning if you ask me, Alex

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

oh no

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

When this paper mache dries all you other competitors are going to feel PRETTY silly!

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

the anticipation of posting my snailtits and seeing everyone else's snailtits is killing me.

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

:nws: hello m'lady :nws:

you can look, but don't touch

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Charles Bukowski posted:

Official Submission. I do not believe I need to nsfw because I spent the least amount of time on the tits.

Aw man this is what I strived for. The rolling tray really seals the deal too.

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Charles Bukowski posted:

I thought the weed stem sealed it but I am happy people appreciate any part of it :)
Thank you.

I just realized its a stem, thats even better.

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Well done all :)

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Manifisto posted:

our scheduled 3:30 task will be along in just a few minutes! in the meantime, let me show off to you the community badge/gang tag you can earn merely by participating in one of our tasks!

and if you think that's nice . . . wait until you see the special gang tag that only the winner is allowed to use!!

:hai:

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

While this festive holiday is new to me, I wholeheartedly embrace it.

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

doin karate moves in my tracksuit poorly but with enthusiasm as I wait for the scores

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

hm as little as the previous tasks have been in my wheelhouse, this puppet task is even less in my wheelhouse :thunkin:

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

I gratefully accept the judge's adjudication :) and congratulations to our winners Stoner Sloth and Rarity. As much as it might sound easy, editing the HTML of 61 different posts was incredibly arduous and I hope to not spend that much effort going forward.

Also I'm so sad nobody got caught lol, I almost went with Heather Papps and your friend sk's strategy. That was a lot of fun :D

Snuff Melange fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 24, 2023

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Charles Bukowski posted:

I assumed we were not supposed to call one another out and it was for non players to do :)

That's how I understood it as well, makes more sense that way imo

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Stoner Sloth posted:

lol figured it had to have at least some risk to make it a challenge!

:tipshat:

Really bedevils me how you got away with it for so long

Working on my puppets now :sickos:

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

fwiw checking up on the other competitors and seeing Rarity's ploy was what made me realize I had to take a whole new approach.

e: the worst part for me was that usually people don't interact with my posts much but several of my "disingenuous" task posts generated a lot of discussion :gerty:

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

So far this competition has made me realize I was wrong about these kind of competitions. I always thought movies like The Game or scenarios where some kind of parallel to reality competition happens and the protagonist drops everything to do the competition were unrealistic -- like how would someone just get invested in a game and prioritize it over other things?

Now here I am staying up late and cramming my lunch break to do tasks, and loving it :allears:

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Manifisto posted:

thanks for the scores, GaG! I said I'd post the cumulative scores at the end of each day, pretend I posted this yesterday:

Rarity 26
Charles Bukowski 20
Snuff Melange 18
your friend sk 13
Dumb Sex-Parrot 12
biosterous 12
Stoner Sloth 12
barnold 10
Finger Prince 9
Quadramind 7
Tiny Myers 6
Saoshyant 3
Viginti Septem 3
Heather Papps 1

Rarity pulling out in front, but by no means an invulnerable lead! it's still anybody's competition! and remember, there are prizes for second and third place too . . . not as spiffy as the trophy, I will grant you, but respectable!

hell yeah. Watch out, competitors :blastu:

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Manifisto posted:

while we're waiting for our new task (and working furiously on our puppet shows), I want to share with you an exclusive, limited-supply bonus gift for taskmaster participants:

BYOB taskmaster lapel pins!! the perfect decoration for your weed rear end hat, or other bit of clothing!

these pins are courtesy of Holland Oates/hamjobs, who requests that she be referred to as "little alex horne" for the duration of BYOB taskmaster, and who has decided to be extra about it!

at the moment I think we're doing okay with quantities, but quantities are indeed limited, and you secure your place in line by completing a task!! or being a guest judge--don't worry, judges also qualify for a cool taskmaster lapel pin.

:eek:

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Charles Bukowski posted:

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

This is where the magic happens:

I will be performing a traditional song of my people, cringe early 90's PSA level rap, with a pumice stone foot scratcher, several BBQ lighers, a 45 lb kettlebell, and the vocal style of someone that aspires to the levels of Riff Raff.

https://voca.ro/1iDdIJg9bv60

I can only apologize. I'm sitting next to 3 guitars, a dulcimer, a ukelele, a recorder, and a keyboard. I can't use them to make music? My first instinct was to record me beating up a bunch of empty boxes in my storage room, but I need those boxes. Those are retirement boxes. Chuckie B OUT! -mic drop- -goes under the stage where he's hidden a sleeping blanket because I live here now until they discover me-

That had me dying, I'm pulling for you getting a 5/5 for this one. Too good lmao.

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

My own song, on the other hand...is a little more subdued. My only hope is that, perhaps, it might make you, oh....feel good?

https://voca.ro/13E6aLwXLRGC

Used a broom, empty milk jugs, silverware, plastic cups, a full unopened potato chip bag.

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

We also have the same exact Snowball / Blue mic, except mine is black!

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Manifisto posted:

I am not doing it for the points, just to see how hard the task is. and it's a bit of a challenge if you're not very familiar with the music software!

https://vocaroo.com/1zIg6BQ1RrZM

non-musical items include: wineglass, chopsticks, cookie sheet pan, bag of pistachios (salted), water pouring into glass, voice

someday this could be a whole opera, maybe??

fantastic, really evokes a sort of Misty Mountains hobbit style epic.

e:

aw! love this too

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Areola Grande posted:

I'm here repping Trashed Crew :cmon:

task me up daddy

long time no see, partner o7

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

oh no

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION*

Alright so here's the deal. As a relatively new SomethingAwful newbie, and an infrequent BYOB poster, I was unaware of crang before now. For that reason, I sought to take as few liberties as possible in deviating from the recipe -- far be it from me to say I know a crang cocktail better than the good regulars of BYOB.

I did have:
Water
Fruit juice

and that's it.... Replacing lemon juice and apple cider vinegar is fruit cocktail juice (and a few fruits within) and white vinegar, respectively.

Because I'm a masochist, and also because I feel one could argue my timezone / schedule has given me a bit of an advantage so far in having ample time for most tasks, I'm cranking up the difficulty a little bit with a drop of Da' Bomb Beyond Insanity hot sauce. Those familiar with the contraband sauce will know that one drop is typically enough to add heat to an entire dish, for example a bowl of chili. Wings coated in the stuff have been a mainstay of Hot Ones as the 2nd or 3rd worst sauce in the ramp-up for many seasons now. Screeching in at 135,600 scoville units, that puts Da Bomb at equivalent to roughly a Habanero, for whatever that's worth.

I also tried not to skimp too much on the vinegar, as much as it goes against my better judgement. Finally I added a banana garnish for flair, and then fed some banana slices leftover to my guinea pigs.

I await the next task / part two of this task with severe trepidation for obvious reasons... :ohdear:

Snuff Melange fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Feb 25, 2023

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

alnilam posted:

TASK 7 JUDGEMENT DAY

I really enjoyed those, thank you all so much. I've decided to be as true to the show as I can so please listen to the following audio format judgements... in reality i enjoyed the h*ck out of all of them but of course need to be a bit critical and snarky or it wouldn't be taskmaster would it

:hai: Thank you judge, and impressive of you to record in front of a live studio audience. They were kettle Jalapeno chips!

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Charles Bukowski posted:

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

y-you drank yours??

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

I'm really liking Bukowski's choice of blending the drink too, super good. I should also note for posterity that I DO plan to include a few ice cubes in mine, loose/whole, but my drink is festering in the freezer until further notice. Gotta give myself maximum odds of getting it down.

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Manifisto posted:

thanks for your submissions friends! the drink making part of the task is now CLOSED. part 2 of your task is to drink your cocktail and provide a trip report!! Buk you jumped the gun but that's okay!

I will be joining you with my own unofficial submission:

The "You've Got To Be Kitten Me Crang-tacular"

3 parts tangerine flavor italian soda
1 part bourbon
dash of sherry vinegar
dash of Peychaud's bitters
garnish with: 2 crangberries, 1 piece of preserved lemon, 1 fresh curry leaf, and a kitten!

what the hell that looks really good, I want one. Adorable kitten garnish
alright here goes nothing, sec

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION*

Well I have a lot of thoughts. As everyone might expect, it's not good. But! It's about half as bad as I thought, which is still pretty bad, but not absolutely gutchurning.

I went for it one big chug because I could kind of smell vinegar and I was real uneasy about the proposition of drinking it slowly or in multiple swallows or whatever. It went down okay, and I opted to not drink the fruit or banana garnish that fell in. Sue me.

On the downside, there's a definitely burn in my stomach and my lips DO tingle lightly from the Da Bomb sauce. Fortunately I'm somewhat innoculated to a drop or two, but its weird having hot lips from a cocktail shot.

Overall, not actually as bad as I worried. I'm drinking some water now to be safe, and the aftertaste does linger.

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Charles Bukowski posted:

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION
I posted enough pictures of drinking this stuff.

So I'm most of the way through my 2nd of this (i chugged the remainder from the blender after i poured the 2nd, so i guess im on my 3rd) and my mind has changed a little bit. At first it tasted like a sweet vaguely fruity cherryforsomereason chocolate (cuzz da coffee) with a lot of foamy sweet froth. But the thing is you really need to slam it otherwise the blending which saves the drink starts to reverse as it warms and it separates again. Yeah don't add milk to your coffee if you're going to add it to a cocktail with booze and sour/sweet fruity acidic poo poo, its like my obsession with cola milk/pilk but thats another story.

Long story short after the initial sparkle wears off, it tastes like you're the second person to drink what was once a passable cocktail but someone decided to lean over you while you were sleeping with your mouth open and BABY BIRD BABY BIRD

really selling me on the grossness of it now, blegh

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

oh man, okay. Idk if I've even ever made one of these in school, so this should be interesting. Game on.

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

:aaa:

hi teen witch! Love your /r/relationships thread!

I slept through the dang 1PM due date challenge it seems. Still need to cram my diorama too :ohdear: Smashing a quick breakfast then I'm on to the tasks, Alex.

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

The puppet dance competition is complete! Watch here:
[video]

Haha I just caught up and watched this, thank you very much judges! Charles I loved your submission, once again had me laughing real good!

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

yeah diorama is due between 3pm and 4pm, so thats my first priority, then fear challenge by 6pm I think. I have some good ideas for fear D:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

My plan isn't far off from that actually -- I am afraid of spiders and I have a utility closet that goes largely unused and undisturbed so I'm thinking it might be a spidery location. Going to sit there with the door closed behind me in the dark and take some POV shots I guess?