Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Bukowski

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

I humbly submit a haunted sextant that sleeps in a coffin.

Boats and ships can be crewed by monkeys, but only a trained nautical sailor can use a sextant. Therefore it is the most nautical device, and ebay promised me it was haunted.

e: I was absolutely asleep when this happened, but is good motivation to he up at a proper hour I suppose. Pacific time woo.

Thank you Saoshyant for the lovely signature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION
I humbly submit my rock task parts 1 and 2. Here is what happened:

I could not find my favourite smooth stone I keep in my backpack, it would have been perfect for this. Instead I had to panic and think about where there were rocks? My walkway!

Hmm, it seems to have snowed. I think my boot can solve this problem!

drat right. Okay I've got the rock now. Now I have to paint it. Wait a second, I don't have paint. Why would I have paint? Okay well what do I have?

Store brand ketchup and a weed brush. Yeah I was in the scouts, its all about improvising.
Now lets get to the art!

There, my name with a happy yellow sun I drew with mustard and some of the ketchup to represent the fiery power of our solar friend.

Now it lives on the plastic table where I sit and smoke. It will live there until I no longer live here. Have a good day orbs. :)

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Feb 22, 2023

Charles Bukowski

Thank you judge, very fair. Thank you for taking much much less time than it took Moola to judge the skulls.

Charles Bukowski

Oh I didn't notice we were picking Taskmaster contenstants to emulate or act as archetypes for us. I've always resonated with Tim Key, cheat to win baby.

Charles Bukowski

While I am respectful of other cultures and your threats of curses, I think this time your submission just wasn't zesty enough to impress our artbitrary judge(s). Maybe next time you could destroy part of your walkway like I did? No wait that's like exactly the opposite of the lesson of the Uluru you're trying to get across, shoot.

Charles Bukowski

There's something about you tonight Sloth, I just can't put my finger on it. Some strange, zesty attitude.

Charles Bukowski

I had a little too zesty of an evening and slept through task 1 completely this time. Oh well, I'm gonna nail this snail.

Charles Bukowski

Heh, buddy, they don't even let Me gently caress the snailtits.

Charles Bukowski

Official Submission. I do not believe I need to nsfw because I spent the least amount of time on the tits.

Charles Bukowski

I thought the weed stem sealed it but I am happy people appreciate any part of it :)
Thank you.

Charles Bukowski

Thank you very much, I am glad the sharp racing stripes and various cannabis references were appreciated. I assume the rest of the contestants simply fell in love with their own creations and are treating them to a nice garden salad with zesty italian dressing, missing the deadline. I'm not out of the races yet!

Charles Bukowski

-mouths softly- Holy gently caress..

Charles Bukowski

I come from a very orthordox Norilsk Greebmas background so my cards do tend to reflect my background even if I had to flee the community a decade ago. I make sure to include representations of my vermin siblings watching my sacrifice, in this case a message of praise from a friend of the past. I'm wearing my images of primates to remind myself of my ancestors and how proud they are of my ability to create fire, represented by the candles and the flames burning the sacrifice. I know, call me old fashioned. A mighty Greebmas to all, GROW STRENGTH!

e: i smell like burned paper now

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Feb 23, 2023

Charles Bukowski

I assumed we were not supposed to call one another out and it was for non players to do :)

Charles Bukowski

Yeah otherwise Sloth spamming this own thread with bedevilled was just asking for it XD

Charles Bukowski

Posting my word in other subforums I felt greatly increased the chance of more people everywhere seeing it here and there and all over the forums. They notice that its me posting it each time. "Why is this person saying everything is 'zesty'??" Then they notice other words being used over and over, in places where surely more common words would have been better? What is going on today? This person is bedevilled in every post?! Are these bots? Am I in a Truman Show experience? ...Am I the Devil? Holy gently caress.

See that's what I was thinking.

Charles Bukowski

I'm so happy I think I'll share a Tim Key poem.

A witch frigged herself off with her broom handle. Her cat watched on. Tired of it all.

Charles Bukowski

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

This is where the magic happens:

I will be performing a traditional song of my people, cringe early 90's PSA level rap, with a pumice stone foot scratcher, several BBQ lighers, a 45 lb kettlebell, and the vocal style of someone that aspires to the levels of Riff Raff.

https://voca.ro/1iDdIJg9bv60

I can only apologize. I'm sitting next to 3 guitars, a dulcimer, a ukelele, a recorder, and a keyboard. I can't use them to make music? My first instinct was to record me beating up a bunch of empty boxes in my storage room, but I need those boxes. Those are retirement boxes. Chuckie B OUT! -mic drop- -goes under the stage where he's hidden a sleeping blanket because I live here now until they discover me-

Charles Bukowski

Thanks very much, it just flowed from the heart. I liked your song too, I kept expecting Blue Monday to start which got me excited! Good luck as well!!

Charles Bukowski

I like it but I have nothing to clip the stand to, my table desk is both wood and has too narrow a lip for me to gouge it with. Maybe I'll find some shelves or something I can install and wire it to, get my recording career back on track.

Charles Bukowski

I find the other submissions to be very zen. And jazz. Zen jazz. Zazz? Behind all the notes you're not playing I hear the sounds of the universe. Good showing all!

Charles Bukowski

I AM HERE TO DEVOUR TASKS

Charles Bukowski

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

Cràng cerise au chocolat.

1 oz leftover homemade drambuie
1 oz strawberry blood orange vampire margarita mix
1/4 oz sour pink lemonade concentrate
1/2 mug sweetened coffee
ice cubes, listen to your heart
Fill 3/4 way of blender container with cola, ignore separation/congealing/curdling, its your imagination, was there milk in that coffee? Shh its trashed time

Blend until desired consistency, in my case smooth and frothy.

Well, what's it like?

Its a sweet and delicious chocolate cherry crang flavour, you could totally hide more booze in there but im all out except for good scotch and we know about that hell. Enjoy!

edit: oh jesus god what did they drink above me

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 25, 2023

Charles Bukowski

Snuff Melange posted:

y-you drank yours??

Yeah it was delicious. Trust me, it didn't curdle.

(the curdled whathaveyou blends together to add to the froth, its great. im going to finish the blender.

Charles Bukowski

alnilam posted:

TASK 7 JUDGEMENT DAY

I really enjoyed those, thank you all so much. I've decided to be as true to the show as I can so please listen to the following audio format judgements... in reality i enjoyed the h*ck out of all of them but of course need to be a bit critical and snarky or it wouldn't be taskmaster would it

Charlie B:
Submission: https://voca.ro/1iDdIJg9bv60
Judgement: https://voca.ro/1eJRRV2gaK2r

Yeah I had a bunch of things ready to clang for the solo but I felt they didn't add to it as much as another verse I added instead. You got to hear 2 bbq lighters hit the kettlebell though as a parting rimshot instead. Also yes, that was a weed device, and trust me it was definitely involved in the song, you heard it the entire time. Cheers!

Charles Bukowski

You think I was joking about round 2? This time it's bananular phone time in honour of Snuff.

Charles Bukowski

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION
I posted enough pictures of drinking this stuff.

So I'm most of the way through my 2nd of this (i chugged the remainder from the blender after i poured the 2nd, so i guess im on my 3rd) and my mind has changed a little bit. At first it tasted like a sweet vaguely fruity cherryforsomereason chocolate (cuzz da coffee) with a lot of foamy sweet froth. But the thing is you really need to slam it otherwise the blending which saves the drink starts to reverse as it warms and it separates again. Yeah don't add milk to your coffee if you're going to add it to a cocktail with booze and sour/sweet fruity acidic poo poo, its like my obsession with cola milk/pilk but thats another story.

Long story short after the initial sparkle wears off, it tastes like you're the second person to drink what was once a passable cocktail but someone decided to lean over you while you were sleeping with your mouth open and BABY BIRD BABY BIRD

Charles Bukowski

I'm sorry, at this stage in my life I just post and if its even relevant to the topic at hand, amazing. Gonna be honest I've posted submissions only half understanding the tasks.

Charles Bukowski

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

The puppet dance competition is complete! Watch here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeC0acHg6rg

Your judging was more grace effort skill and class and I entered into my submission. I am shamed and I will redouble my efforts. Thank you Taskmaster. Congrats Snuff on winning, you had an excellent puppet dance

I'm just waking up, slept in today so good luck to the flyers!

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Feb 25, 2023

Charles Bukowski

Viginti Septem posted:

It's been extended to 10AM tomorrow!

sorry has the diorama been extended or the flyer?

Charles Bukowski

Thank you. Okay so prioritize fear stuff (thank you for reminding me to take my anxiety medicine) for 6pm EASTERN time I assume? No wait finish editing photos together for diorama, then work on fear, with ideas for flyer task I slept through. Okay Alex can you brew a pot of coffee for me, I'm going to need some more wake up juice.

Charles Bukowski

My fear is very metaphysical so I am going to go lie down in the dark and let my mind wander as to how to convey that in a way people could see. And how to make it funny.

Charles Bukowski

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

Hello I have never made a diorama but I think I got what I wanted to convey. The majesty of one's first outing through the natural world during its rebirth while also preparing for the realities of it, plus getting loaded.

We have our hero, the intrepid and noble possum "lil posso" enjoying their spliff and Miller high life (the champagne of beers) on their nature quest. As you can see the sun is finally out after a thousand gray skies to melt away all the snow that made us sleepy. They have brought their sweet binoculars they got at a garage sale as well as their smart business umbrella they got at a lost and found when it was raining out last. They've also brought their sensibly priced Kabar, portable james joyce, and afterbite for the bazillion mosquitoes that exist now that we don't gas everyone and everything with DDT anymore. Watch out lil' posso, there's a lovely yet dangerous mother owl observing you from afar. Luckily you can quickly fashion a tree limb into human's oldest and greatest tool, the spear, using your kabar you smartly decided to bring. You will fend mother owl off until similarities can be established rather than differences and bonds can be formed out of mutual respect and friendship. Until then, you spin that spear around your back and shoulders and do some sweet crouching tiger poo poo that looks dope as hell and intimidates the deck out of Mrs Owl. Hiyaaaaah, whoosh whoosh. What's a diorama?

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Feb 25, 2023

Charles Bukowski

I love that you incorporated both taskmaster and byob themes into your diorama rather than grabbing things from your cabinet of fun and sharp things.

Charles Bukowski

I think it is excellent!

Charles Bukowski

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

After taking this way too seriously I decided to just think of one of my many fears and pick one before my head exploded! Internet test told me Fear of Decision Making should be addressed. Oh gosh, its Saturday, I can't call the government today, lets think of something simpler shall we? Something a little more fun. Uhh, uhh, KITTIES!!!

These are the current kitties up for adoption at my local SPCA. They didn't have any kitties in a while and oh boy there's a bumper crop of pretty light coloured ones! Like my ms paint says, how do you choose your new bestie floofy friend that you will be feeding and cleaning their poo poo up and kissing their heads constantly? I needed to go outside and clear my head to even begin thinking on this.

Its cold. Cold and difficult to make a decision about an adorable little poop monster that might bite me. Arr rarrr rarr you vicious beast you're biting me, arrrrrr.

Finally, gazing up into the cold and unforgiving horizon, my decision came to me. Because I was starting at it. Duh.

I'm gonna come rescue you buddy.

Charles Bukowski

No I would like you to get the 5 and me to get the 4.

Charles Bukowski

Official Submission

I've decided to go very traditional and make a biblical dragon.

Charles Bukowski

I really dont hope that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski

That's awesome Snuff and all, excellent entries. I'm almost out of dragonish food, im in a blizzard and waiting for things to die down to get groceries. BIBLICAL ONION EYES ANGEL was my first and strongest thought when I opened my mostly empty fridge. I didn't want to just draw with condiments on a plate, though if we have to eat these that would have been alot easier and.. merciful.

Your carved pieces of toast have nicer lines than anything I've ever done artistically.