Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Inscryption is a narrative-driven card game developed by the guy that made Pony Island. To say more would be to spoil the game. If you haven’t played it, go play before reading this thread. You have been warned!

To those who remain, what was your favorite part of the game?

wowee thanks again Dendy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

part 1 was a lot of fun with the randomish elements for runs but there were not many different builds so it didnt really scratch the roguelite itch that a lot of people wanted. i feel like part 2 was more of a complete game but really all of it tying together was fun for me. like not just this game but pony island and the fishing game and poo poo all together and the little arg that he ran. fun stuff.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

copy posted:

part 1 was a lot of fun with the randomish elements for runs but there were not many different builds so it didnt really scratch the roguelite itch that a lot of people wanted. i feel like part 2 was more of a complete game but really all of it tying together was fun for me. like not just this game but pony island and the fishing game and poo poo all together and the little arg that he ran. fun stuff.

Yeah I can see why all the meta stuff put people off but I enjoyed it. Quite liked The Hex as well.

The update that added an endless version of part 1 with tweaked/expanded rules was cool too

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Yeah I can see why all the meta stuff put people off but I enjoyed it. Quite liked The Hex as well.

The update that added an endless version of part 1 with tweaked/expanded rules was cool too

yeah for sure. friend of mine really likes roguelites (hates roguelikes though) and he was super disappointed by the game at launch because he was expecting spooky slay the spire. i tried to warn him that before anything else this was a dan mullen game and it was gonna have Lore and if you dgaf then you are only gonna get like 50% enjoyment max but alas. did you ever do the stuff where you play with the command prompt in part 2?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I like that meta storytelling poo poo. So much so that I think I bought pony Island for some imps several years ago.

wowee thanks again Dendy

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I beat inscryption and I feel that I like it less after reading this thread because there's lore.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

I beat inscryption and I feel that I like it less after reading this thread because there's lore.

the lore is that the game is spooky because it's haunted by Hitler's ghost. that's not a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Arrhythmia posted:

the lore is that the game is spooky because it's haunted by Hitler's ghost. that's not a joke.

Lol. Thanks.