Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

rodbeard posted:

The game I would have made people play for game club if I had the month long pick.

Man I would have loved you like a brother for this one, but instead...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I actually really like the Pokemon Black and White map:

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Always loved the San Andreas map and how loving huge it felt at the time, even though without the fog you can pretty much see the whole map from any high point lol. Probably the peak of GTA and there’s so much variety in the different areas

Major Isoor posted:

Yeah, San Andreas had a great map. Just peak GTA, even for cruising around. Despite my love of Vice City and GTA3, I spent heaps of time in SA's map. I basically did all of the random side activities just to explore and have fun in that game - the triathlons were pretty good, I remember.
I don't think I really cared too much about any subsequent GTA's map too much beyond for mission purposes, tbh. The GTASA one was just so good by comparison

my morning jackass posted:

just the way they have the story unfold utilizes the space so well. fly a jet across it, takes no time at all but when you first get dropped in the country area it feels like you truly are stuck in the middle of nowhere all of a sudden and it’s jarring. If that makes sense.

It's the best GTA by far, it's only like half the size of the GTA 5 map yet there's so much more packed in it. The way the draw distance is utilized (definitive edition fucks this up big time) and how the map gradually opens up as the story goes on was such a great way to add to the scale.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Oh yeah if we're talking about maps when I first played Chrono Trigger I used the map the game came with (or maybe it was in Nintendo Power? I can't recall) which had all the locations marked with numbers. Well, I was convinced that this meant you visited the locations in the order they were numbered, regardless of where the game was telling me to go at the time. This caused me to get stuck in a lot of places. I remember not being able to advance in 65,000,000 BC because I kept trying to visit the wrong location.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

less appreciation for this specific set of blueprints and moreso the game’s worldcrafting, but talos 1 in prey (asian) is one of the most believable and well-considered space station layouts in all fiction. everything is connected in a way that makes sense and feels practical and lived-in, which is more than I can say for the ishimura or the von braun

panko fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Feb 25, 2023

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

beehold the ultima 1 map

Thank you.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

MizuZero posted:

prey (asian)

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

MizuZero posted:

prey (indian) (the other one)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

hype

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Koholint ftw

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

oh hell yeah

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

:cheers:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

dont wake me up

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

one of the best

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

zooming in to the top right corner

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

This kicks rear end!

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

gently caress yeah

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

zooming in to the top right corner

Lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ree

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

GOAT

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

loving cool

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

that looks so good

uncreativename
Jul 30, 2013

This map looked super cool and it was really useful because the ingame map was like a thousand unlabelled white dots that you had to hover over to get a name for, like in daggerfall

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Dope.

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

mbt posted:

hail to the king, baby

Hell yeah

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's tough to beat the real world. I wanna visit Penginea some day.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

big fan of the hyper light drifter setting

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

uncreativename posted:

This map looked super cool and it was really useful because the ingame map was like a thousand unlabelled white dots that you had to hover over to get a name for, like in daggerfall

Ftw.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

Evil Eagle posted:

It's tough to beat the real world.

true. for example, rural spain.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

mbt posted:

hail to the king, baby

this will always be one of my favourites

when I was 10 years old the maps in Little Big Adventure 2 really impressed me since they were the game worlds zoomed out and even though they're sort of ugly I still think they're cool

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Kinda map but the Kings Quest 8 load screen would change depending on which part of the world you were going into

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

lol