Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

This is my wired xbox 360 controller that I have gamed with for nearly 18 years:

It has outlived my wireless 360 controller, two wavebirds that were purchased afterward, three wii-motes and one nun-chuck, both my guitar hero controllers(:rolleyes:), a wii U pad, one PS4 controller, two joycons, along with one keyboard and two mice.

It outlived the Xbox 360 that it came with, a second 360 purchased used, my nintendo DS, my nintendo switch dock, and the two previous PCs it was used with.

I have used it exclusively for every PC game that I have played with a controller, including every emulated game I've played.
It still works perfectly fine, none of the buttons stick. Both triggers have full range of their input. I have never needed to open it or fix or replace any part. It is as it was when I took it out of the box, just with 18 years worth of wear and tear.

A close up of what 18 years has done to the joystick:

The rubber pad has worn down, exposing the plastic core, but never peeled or came apart in any way. Due to the way the plastic part is designed, it is still comfortable and I didn't even notice it was exposed until long after it happened.

Does the d-pad kind of suck? yes, of course it does. Do I think it's the best controller ever? no.
I do however believe that this is the single most reliable piece of gaming hardware I have come across in my life.
I look forward to many more years of gaming with my rotten soldier. o7

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

o7

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Thank you, I hope you find a rotten soldier of your own if you haven't already.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Been by my side through all of izgc, even after all these years.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

A close up of what 18 years has done to the joystick:

another reason they call you leadthumb lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I really thought this was gonian be a picture of my decrepit dick from years of jack off abuse lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality posted:

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
old reliable controllers ftw.

I hope it lives as long as you do but if it ever breaks (god forbid) I hope you give it a proper send off

set a little boat on fire with it on and push it into the local swimming pool mayhaps

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

old reliable controllers ftw.

I hope it lives as long as you do but if it ever breaks (god forbid) I hope you give it a proper send off

set a little boat on fire with it on and push it into the local swimming pool mayhaps

If it ever breaks, so will I.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Sub-Actuality posted:

When I game, I game hard. I broke two rockband bass pedals belonging to my friend, and he's pretty handy and reinforced his third one with a 1/4" plexiglass cutout so it broke at the hinge instead of snapping in the middle.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lost mine when the cable frayed apart. rip my best mate, my sweet cheese, my homeboy, and my goodtime boy

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

copy posted:

lost mine when the cable frayed apart. rip my best mate, my sweet cheese, my homeboy, and my goodtime boy

Condolences. What kind of send off did you hold?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Any imp historians know where to find that thread where an imp (forget who) bought a bootleg controller from China that absolutely stank the place out

was back in my lurker days but v funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Fou d it

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3734776&pagenumber=1&perpage=40