Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

A thread to celebrate the best animals in gaming, whether fantasy creatures or regular old dogs and cats, etc.

I always thought it was cool that, aside from the rats, Morrowind's fauna was all entirely made-up animals--even the mudcrabs only vaguely resemble real-world crabs. There's something I've always really loved about the guars and scribs:

The game's not even out yet but I played a demo of an upcoming farming game called Cornucopia and I really love the sprite for your pet bulldog in that game:

I always loved Trico's design in The Last Guardian, and was really impressed at how expressive and lifelike they made him:

And shoutout to a couple cute JRPG animal enemies that I always feel bad killing:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Ah drat, I was a second from posting this exact thread idea, myself! :D But yeah animals in games are great - I've always gotta interact with any animal games allow me to, like patting dogs in RDR2 etc

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Shadow Hearts 2, one of your party members is a dog named Blanca. There's a segment of the game where he has to do tactical espionage action in order to help the party escape a prison.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

In Shadow Hearts 2, one of your party members is a dog named Blanca. There's a segment of the game where he has to do tactical espionage action in order to help the party escape a prison.

lmao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

All the animals in team Ico games are great. I really liked Agro in SOTC too.

Anyway the humble chocobo is the best mount in gaming

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol cool

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Love the dogs of the Mother series (King and Boney)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQZrZUo6mj8

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

lmao always wanted to play this

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Need to play the Shadow Hearts trilogy. I played some of the first game and it kicks rear end

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
played pocky & rocky reshrined the other day and it had some funky little guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

absolutely anything posted:

played pocky & rocky reshrined the other day and it had some funky little guys

epic snake