Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Got it done. Still needs some final glue work in some spots and maybe a weathering pass but it's all good imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

Odddzy posted:

Got it done. Still needs some final glue work in some spots and maybe a weathering pass but it's all good imo.

this is cool as hell

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Odddzy posted:

loving cool

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Odddzy posted:

thats' tight. might get a zone of the enders model.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
The sci-fi ships and shmup figurines, to me, are where it's at. Can't get enough of them.

Edit - this thread put me in the mood to make an Eva though

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
the r-type ship might be my fave in gaming. the orb is too sick

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Odddzy posted:

That's so sick!

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Odddzy posted:

extremely cool

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Odddzy posted:

the option looks so badass

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Odddzy posted:

Sick

I got the tude now posted:

the r-type ship might be my fave in gaming. the orb is too sick

I’m partial to the Vic Viper but agreed

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Odddzy posted:

sick

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

not posting it cuz it's not robots but i found a gunpla style poseable bandai model for goku in deep clearance at target a few months back, of all places

it was a fun little afternoon build, frustrating stickers on the boots though

Odddzy posted:

this owns

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Rockman Reserve posted:

not posting it cuz it's not robots but i found a gunpla style poseable bandai model for goku in deep clearance at target a few months back, of all places

it was a fun little afternoon build, frustrating stickers on the boots though

this owns

thread says gunpla not robot gunpla

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

they dontt call him black baby gundam

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021
put together a new HG set (aside from inking accent lines) I really like the aesthetic of industrial robots in a usually combat centric universe.

Shoutout ChuChu https://youtu.be/pWB0pdFg88E

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

^ cool bot. love the witch from mercury designs

test fitting my first ever kitbash, v2 buster + gp03s. i added the skirts and the backpack of the gp03s to the v2. frankenstein'd the gp03s hip ball joints to attach the thrusters to the v2s backpack. i drew it out beforehand and proportionally its coming out, like, exactly how i drew it which is nuts, oh i also split the front skirts in half so they can move independently

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Do these models typically come painted out of the box?

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

some of the lower level snap-together models are precolored, but for the most part they're unpainted

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Joey McChrist posted:

some of the lower level snap-together models are precolored, but for the most part they're unpainted

Do people just freestyle or are there painting guides?

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

fadam posted:

Do these models typically come painted out of the box?

Almost all of the Bandai ones are no matter their grade. But will often be missing little accents or line work you'll have to do yourself.

As for painting guides the assembly pamphlets have color grading suggestions for parts and stuff.

Cousin Foomin
Feb 21, 2018

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

lol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Real nice models you got there, real nice. My wife loves building the stuff… myself, too many little parts. Just could never get the hang of it. Well, I’ll let you get back to your work… Just one more thing.

You said that at the time of the murder you were working on the Master Grade GN-005 Gundam Virtue. But if I recall, that particular model wasn’t released until… I’d say about three weeks after the murder occurred. So you can see why I might think the timeline doesn’t quite add up here?

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Real nice models you got there, real nice. My wife loves building the stuff… myself, too many little parts. Just could never get the hang of it. Well, I’ll let you get back to your work… Just one more thing.

You said that at the time of the murder you were working on the Master Grade GN-005 Gundam Virtue. But if I recall, that particular model wasn’t released until… I’d say about three weeks after the murder occurred. So you can see why I might think the timeline doesn’t quite add up here?

lol

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Gunpla is a nice, relaxing thing to do. I still need to paint up this 1/144 scale zeks that came with the tallgeese

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
*Gf and family staging an intervention*

"What do you mean addicted? I'm not an addict?! I just have a small pile of kits that came in! Nothing to worry about!"

The pile:

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

Spanish Manlove posted:

Gunpla is a nice, relaxing thing to do. I still need to paint up this 1/144 scale zeks that came with the tallgeese

Sick

Odddzy posted:

*Gf and family staging an intervention*

"What do you mean addicted? I'm not an addict?! I just have a small pile of kits that came in! Nothing to worry about!"

The pile:

Lol I've been hiding my backlog boxes in places she can't see them

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Uncle Frank posted:

Sick

Fomo's one hell of a thing when a kit comes up online and I'm afraid it's going to be discontinued.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Uncle Frank posted:

Lol John Wick taking a sledgehammer to the basement floor to unearth his model backlog