Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

I wanted a backup xacto holder and saw that the barbatos (and all the Gundam kits like a gouf custom) are 40% off at hobby lobby so I guess I will also join in on the barbatos

Spanish Manlove fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Apr 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

To be painted down the line.

Cousin Foomin
Feb 21, 2018

Odddzy posted:

I like it.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Gunpla adjacent. but I started working on Bandai's R4-M9 kit

It's a bit of a sticker hell kit, so I might just paint it.

Got a Demi Trainer and a 30MM Tactical Egg on the way, now.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Odddzy posted:

Lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Odddzy posted:

cool

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Odddzy posted:

Lol

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Odddzy posted:

Hello there

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

I wanted a backup xacto holder and saw that the barbatos (and all the Gundam kits like a gouf custom) are 40% off at hobby lobby so I guess I will also join in on the barbatos

dangerous info, i've got four more kits now

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Dynames was fun to build. Did most of the stickers and attempted some panel lining. That was way too messy, but maybe I need a better pen or marker.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Star Wars robot built

Still debating trying to put on these stickers or just painting it

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Got my daughter a Gundam and we're putting it together now. Cat jumped into the box immediately after opening and is batting at her hands as she tries to apply impossibly miniscule stickers.

It's a "RX-178 Gundam Mk-II". Is it okay if u don't know the lore?

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021
All gundam are ftw in their own ways

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
built bulma's no 19 motorcycle today! (more pics here)

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pragmatica posted:

That's badass!

P-Mack posted:

Got my daughter a Gundam and we're putting it together now. Cat jumped into the box immediately after opening and is batting at her hands as she tries to apply impossibly miniscule stickers.

There's not really a whole lot of lore to the mobile suits generally, they're just war machines. The Mark I Gundam was an advanced prototype that the main character of the first show ended up piloting basically by chance and was instrumental in winning the war, and the Mark II is an updated version a few years later that's piloted by the main character of the second series.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Pragmatica posted:

Whoa cool!

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pragmatica posted:

sick

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

P-Mack posted:

I got my daughter the RX-78-2 during the Hobby Lobby sale. It was a pretty old kit, and I discovered the horror of scratch on stickers. I also don’t know anything about Gundam other than they look cool.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Finished the main assembly of this character and it was super nerve-wracking because of how fragile it is. Some cleanup will be required down the line and some cable work is missing but I'm very happy with how it turned out for a weekends worth of work.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Odddzy posted:

Finished the main assembly of this character and it was super nerve-wracking because of how fragile it is. Some cleanup will be required down the line and some cable work is missing but I'm very happy with how it turned out for a weekends worth of work.

That thing is so loving goofy-looking and also rules so hard.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Cthulu Carl posted:

That thing is so loving goofy-looking and also rules so hard.

The designs of these characters is really interesting, it's playful but completely unique. That one is called a neuspotter in the Maschinen Krieger universe.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Odddzy posted:

The designs of these characters is really interesting, it's playful but completely unique. That one is called a neuspotter in the Maschinen Krieger universe.

They the goofy-lookingness is one of the reasons I like Maschinen Krieger poo poo.

I should probably build some myself at some point.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
They're a lot more tedious than the Bandai Gundams because of their kitbashy origins I believe but messy finishes are encouraged so perfect finishes aren't a goal. They're meant to look worn if doing seam lines and things like that is a bother.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I'd put the stickers on this one, but it's the most fragile set I've put together and I don't want to break anything else.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Dipping my toes in.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Phantasium posted:

I'd put the stickers on this one, but it's the most fragile set I've put together and I don't want to break anything else.

Sick

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Got like 4 kits ready to go as soon as I move into a place with enough room to actually make them.

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

Roth posted:

Dipping my toes in.

lfg, i'm going to start on the unit 08 kit tomorrow that is going to kick my rear end lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Plebian Parasite posted:

Got like 4 kits ready to go as soon as I move into a place with enough room to actually make them.

Yeah I've got a regular Zaku-II and Char's custom Zaku-II both in their box waiting for the same reason, hopefully I can make it happen later this year.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

X remains the coolest letter. sad I can't have it in both poses

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Finished Kyrios. I may just give up on the panel lining business. It can also turn into a jet, but it doesn't look very good.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

herculon posted:

Finished Kyrios. I may just give up on the panel lining business. It can also turn into a jet, but it doesn't look very good.

badass!

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I would like to see the jet

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I really want to take a break from Warhams and build something cool for once, where should I look if I want a Zaku or a Gouf? I've heard Amazon is overpriced.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
I believe Walmart has Gundams, I ordered my stuff from Japan on HLJ though.

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

PinheadSlim posted:

I really want to take a break from Warhams and build something cool for once, where should I look if I want a Zaku or a Gouf? I've heard Amazon is overpriced.

I've seen HG kits (easier to assemble and include zaku's) in target and hobby lobby. Otherwise I've gotten a lot of my kits from a LGS

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

PinheadSlim posted:

depends what country you're in but assuming US, yeah I'd generally avoid amazon. as Odddzy said Walmart's website actually sometimes has gundams for great prices with lightning fast shipping, I got my RG Nu from there. lately I like going to my local HobbyTown because I miss shopping in person and mine has decent stock for decent prices. USA Gundam Store and Newtype US are the other places I'll sometimes go to but they do charge shipping so you'd wanna make sure you're getting your money's worth. BBTS is also worth checking and their shipping is like $4 flat rate.

honestly outside of that just google the kit you want and you'll often find a deal. I just looked for the char's zaku II i really enjoyed building and here's a site I forgot about that I've ordered from before and had a good experience with and they have it on sale rn: https://galactictoys.com/products/b...txoCQg8QAvD_BwE

they've got the gouf and gouf custom on sale as well

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
galactic toys is good, so is newtype hq. galactic toys also lists on their stuff on amazon, ebay, etc... but there they include full priced shipping. much cheaper to order a bunch of things from them directly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

these actually look awesome I may have to get one. I also want a little zaku buddy for my desk