Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

ok, imma do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Buck Wildman posted:

ok, imma do it

hell yeah, cute! i haven't built an SD in a long time but they're very chill. a perfect little desk bud

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

should get here in two weeks I'm excited

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

built a couple of guys

shiki was perfect. zeta was a huge disappointment. this is the newer "revive" zeta but it had a ton of color correcting stickers. I ended up masking and painting the red on the wings rather than use the stickers which didn't come out great but it's better than the alternative. it's a shame because proportionally and design-wise it is like the most perfectly screen accurate zeta ever

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I dig the gold one. really looking forward to my zakus arriving

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

throwing another Barbatos into the thread.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Have a Tactical Egg

I got some 30MM option sets I might use on it, maybe do some painting.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

my desk is now part of the principality of zeon

Cousin Foomin
Feb 21, 2018

Buck Wildman posted:

my desk is now part of the principality of zeon

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
once hlj finally restocks I’ll have more kits to post here. I’ve already got Aerial on my desk and it’s a really great build, pictures don’t do the permet lines justice they really pop in person. now I’m waiting on my lfrith ur and Chuchu’s demi trainer

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

ghosthorse posted:

once hlj finally restocks I’ll have more kits to post here. I’ve already got Aerial on my desk and it’s a really great build, pictures don’t do the permet lines justice they really pop in person. now I’m waiting on my lfrith ur and Chuchu’s demi trainer

I built the demi trainer and it's one of my favorite models. The industrial machine converted to combat machine look is a top tier aesthetic.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

I got the accessory pack for the demi suits too since hlj was selling all that stuff for like 30% off

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

i just accidentally found out that if you google "turn a kits" it thinks you're trying to spell "tourniquets"

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

daughter finished her gundam, I picked up a zaku for next time she wants to make one

Cousin Foomin
Feb 21, 2018

P-Mack posted:

daughter finished her gundam, I picked up a zaku for next time she wants to make one

I love this for her and I love the styling of this photo shoot hehe.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

P-Mack posted:

That's awesome. My daughter and I recently built RX-78-2s. I highly recommend the Beyond Global kit

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

P-Mack posted:

herculon posted:

That's awesome. My daughter and I recently built RX-78-2s. I highly recommend the Beyond Global kit

i love this so much as a girl who built models with my dad when i was little :3:

also, absolutely excellent posing!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

herculon posted:

Beyond Global is a GREAT kit

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

It was WH40k night at the hobby store when I stopped in to get the Zaku. I didn't realize the stuff about those guys smelling really bad was entirely true and not just an exaggerated stereotype.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

P-Mack posted:

It was WH40k night at the hobby store when I stopped in to get the Zaku. I didn't realize the stuff about those guys smelling really bad was entirely true and not just an exaggerated stereotype.

I stopped visiting my hobby store on the weekends because of things like the smell and neckbeard staff criticizing every purchase.

Then I realized if I go during a weekday, there's just a bunch of chill model train grandpas staffing the place who are happy to help no matter how bewildered they are by things like giant robot models

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

The hobby store I frequent usually has RC car dudes flipping their poo poo over someone’s custom motor. The only issue I ever have is to be careful not to step on a car as they zoom up and down the store

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021
my lgs' owner lets his labrador walk around the store sometimes so that's pretty ftw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

theres a gunpla store/crappy japanese import candy store down th street from me which is cool. thinkin about pickin something up next time i'm in there

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

The gunpla store I went to recently was run by a pretty fit guy who kinda looked like Lance Armstrong which I thought was a fun juxtaposition when he started talking to me about his Nami dakimakura.

Cousin Foomin
Feb 21, 2018

Plebian Parasite posted:

The gunpla store I went to recently was run by a pretty fit guy who kinda looked like Lance Armstrong which I thought was a fun juxtaposition when he started talking to me about his Nami dakimakura.

You are remembering it slightly wrong. They were Nami throw pillows on his couch that were his "own photography" whatever that means. I did not need further explaination.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Cousin Foomin posted:

You are remembering it slightly wrong. They were Nami throw pillows on his couch that were his "own photography" whatever that means. I did not need further explaination.

lmfao

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
First time I went people were spergin' hard. I was chatting with the Japanese store owner and some guy just barged in and asked to see where the new sexy figures were. He grabbed one the owner gave him and said "ugh, this one is really ugly, give me another one". Japanese dude meekly reaches another box and presents it to the dude who loudly exclaims "Ah, now we're talking! I'm definitely modding a dick on this one!"

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
When I was in middle school I used to get Pokemon cards at a hobby shop that was filled with Gundam stuff and TTrpg rulebooks. To this day, pachuli oil or the smell of a monster manual reminds me of that place

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Cousin Foomin posted:

I require it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

is there a tequila gundam kit or do they shy away from g-gundam

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

STONE COLD 64 posted:

is there a tequila gundam kit or do they shy away from g-gundam

I think the only G-Gundam kits they've done were the Nobel (two different versions), the Shining, and the Master with the giant robo-horse. at least in HG, other grades might have more.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

there’s no official tequila kit, just customs. there’s also 3d print models for it in 1/35 too

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Cthulu Carl posted:

I think the only G-Gundam kits they've done were the Nobel (two different versions), the Shining, and the Master with the giant robo-horse. at least in HG, other grades might have more.

yeah there's been a bunch in other grades. God Gundam has had an HG, MG, and a very recent RG. there was even a MG Spiegel back in the day. and they just did two runs of a brand new HG Gundam Rose on P-Bandai, so it's very likely we'll get a new Maxter, Dragon and Bolt as well. sadly no official Tequila...but maybe someday...

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Cousin Foomin posted:

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Cousin Foomin posted:

lmfao

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I'm not a reg here but love building kits.
Hell, I built the first Master Grade kit when it first came out and they have like remade it like twice or something now?

My backlog is eternal but I at least try to get one bigger kit done a year. Last year it was 5 smaller kits..

That combine into one big lad full of inept space frogs from a creepy manga. (It still needs more painting by me.)

Ive got kits going all the way back to the 80s to build plus new ones I want but seem to keep getting delayed:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/product/variationdetails/124399

I do have his homie I need to get around to if just FOR FRANCE! https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/87481?o=4

But before I can get around to another decent sized mecha type kit I need to finish my current project of a completely painted set of the 1990 Heroquest game, figures and terrain.

I do recommend panel inking though.

Compare the wing on one side then the other. It adds so much for so little effort. Just get out the panel line pen and grab a q tip when you go too far or slip. Finger to rub normal excess off and leave more natural weathering. Just wash hand after your thumb is too dirty!

It works on just about any unpainted plastic so you can even pretty up your normal toys.

That Dougram kit? One of the first kits I bought from Hobbylink Japan circa 2000. It still ain't built. My backlog of shame is the most shameful. (Outside of folks buying those girly 30 Minute Missions or Frame Arms Girls kits but thats a whole different kind of shame!)

I know TG has had a Painting Club kinda thing where they encourage getting X painted in Y time. One for gunpla type kits could be cool if just to inspire one to build more. (Tbf having a huge backlog means I maybe buy like one kit every 4 or 5 months outside of easy quick Haropla type ones.)

Gunpla is fun because you can build n work at multiple price points and skill levels and still have a decent looking kit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozbwuS1Uo_U we don't have to ever reach hot model lady skill degrees with airbrushes n building vacuum form boxes because she puts as much effort into her models as she does her actual fitness regimen so people buy books of her with very little clothing on.

But you can get crazy with metal parts and electronics and all sorts of madness if you want.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

i always forget that "g" on the mode selector on veritechs stands for "gerwalk" and not "guardian." I think the robotech ps2 game called in guardian and it just stuck in my head ever since.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Finished the base model of RX-78NT-1 Alex. It also has an additional armor suit I can put around it, but I'm saving that for later.

Overall, I don't think I recommend this kit as those circular pieces on the ankles keep popping off and the shoulders have these plastic sleeves that cause the arms to pop off if I move them around too much

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Added the chobam armor. I'll probably display it without the armor, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

that’s cool