Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Gunpla is a nice, relaxing thing to do. I still need to paint up this 1/144 scale zeks that came with the tallgeese

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Guy at the hobby shop: Do you need any tools or tips on how to put together that kit?

Me: Oh don't worry, this will be taken care of by top men. Top men.

Jumpcut to me putting the new gunpla kit in a steritile box filled with other gunpla kits, closing the box and setting it on top of a bunch of identical sterilite boxes in my garage.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Phantasium posted:

Found out a local hobby store that's been local and small for longer than I've been alive started having a bunch of Gundams in stock and bought a couple of cheap ones from them since I wanted to support them, which left me with this quick dude.

And then I saw the instructions and was inspired

Hell yeah

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

herculon posted:

Turned out pretty good, but I need to learn how to remove all the little nubs. Probably use sandpaper or a nail file. This was a high grade, and I'll look for a master grade to do next.

Hell yeah

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Don't worry too much about nub smoothness unless you're going to constantly hold the thing right in front of your face.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Showing up to a tinder date like

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

right arm posted:

:holy: weekend project

think I’ll buy the hanger and another once I finish this one. I’m pumped lol

Hell yeah, post a pic when you finish.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
This thread inspired me to check a local gunpla online store and see if they had anything from witch, so I grabbed an HG aerial before they went out of stock again.

I have another project I'm working on right now for a painting contest at an LGS but it should arrive when I'm done with it.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Hell yeah looking good. It's nice and relaxing then you get a little statue to put on a shelf.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Here we go

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Done. That was a pretty involved HG

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'm also kinda fast as I don't sand stuff down perfectly smooth and pristine, I get to "good enough" with an xacto where it's not noticeable unless it's right in front of your face. Gunpla is chill, the tabletop game models are where I go insane so it's nice to have something simple and snaps together and I don't have to make each micrometer perfect.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I do love seeing cell shaded stuff pop up on Instagram every once in a while

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoZA0RxypTF/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Hell yeah

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Hell yeah let's go

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

JoeGlassJAw posted:

can i get a aw hell yeah

MMM that's clean

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
One of the hobby shops moved locations so I finally got around to checking out their new space and they had a whole aisle of MG and RG stuff, so I grabbed this guy because I was inspired by this thread. Put it together today since I took the day off to relax. Cleaned up the stickers with a sculpting tool as I didn't notice them until I took the pic

Bonus pic of the slav squat during building

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

I wanted a backup xacto holder and saw that the barbatos (and all the Gundam kits like a gouf custom) are 40% off at hobby lobby so I guess I will also join in on the barbatos

Spanish Manlove fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Apr 4, 2023

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Odddzy posted:

To be painted down the line.

Hello there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
When I was in middle school I used to get Pokemon cards at a hobby shop that was filled with Gundam stuff and TTrpg rulebooks. To this day, pachuli oil or the smell of a monster manual reminds me of that place