Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
Riverbottom Nightmare Band for best song that’s my only vote g’bye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Untying those for first place:

Riverbottom Nightmare Band
D.O.A.

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Riverbottom Nightmare Band for best song.

I vote to keep the other tie.

Manifisto

Buttchocks posted:

Riverbottom Nightmare Band for best song.

I vote to keep the other tie.

very fair, I endorse this perspective

ty nesamdoom!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Wait so, help me out here. Are votes for a tie a symbolic abstinence from voting? Or are you reserving your vote to counter leads and thus maintain a tie? Or, both?

So like Saoshyant puts D.O.A. ahead but then Buttchocks puts it back at a tie, and Manifisto either abstains or reserves a vote in superposition against whoever votes next.

Maybe? If they're abstinence from voting then D.O.A. is winning and if they're reserving your vote to counter ties then it's a super-tie that needs two votes to break.

Edit- How does the Academy of Motion Picture whatever deal with this madness??

BoldFrankensteinMir fucked around with this message at 19:46 on May 30, 2023

Sig by Heather Papps

Saoshyant

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

So like Saoshyant puts D.O.A. ahead but then Buttchocks puts it back at a tie, and Manifisto either abstains or reserves a vote in superposition against whoever votes next.

Hold on, partner, do you know what they call this sort of situation? :clint:

BoldFrankensteinMir

I never thought we'd actually, practically need a secret ballot for our goofy movie club awards but here we are, year 2...

Sig by Heather Papps

Manifisto

if our rigid literal minds must have a tiebreaker vote, mine is for teenagers from outer space

ty nesamdoom!

Buttchocks

I vote a half point for each

BoldFrankensteinMir

So we've decided all the categories except the big winner, which is currently tied. Hm.

While I love BYOB's penchant for ties, I really do (it makes playing Jackbox games with y'all NEARLY impossible to metagame! NEARLY!) it presents a logistical problem. See, I only get 256 characters to convey what we want our Cameo hosts to say, and it is actually a pretty tough challenge to get long movie names and the name of our awards show into that. I can try a "Winner: Tie between 2 and 3!" type boiling-down of it but, there's no guarantee they'll be able parse it?

So, if at the end of today y'all still really want a tie then so be it, but remember you're gonna be asking Malcolm MacDowell, a beloved and elderly gentlemen, to be reading even more complicated instructions. Which does NOT seem very BYOB to me, right!? So, please consider when you vote for a tie that it might make things harder for everybody's favorite Caligula, just sayin'.

Whatever we have decided on by the EOD I'll buy, and I'll just cover the difference gently caress it. gently caress IT! LET'S DO THIS THING!!!

Sig by Heather Papps

Manifisto

Manifisto posted:

if our rigid literal minds must have a tiebreaker vote, mine is for teenagers from outer space

will changing my vote break the tie?

ty nesamdoom!

Saoshyant

On the next episode of BYOB Tiemaster...

Manifisto posted:

will changing my vote break the tie?

My God Baphomet, did Teenagers From Outer Space just won an award on 2023!?

BoldFrankensteinMir

I think it would Mani? Again it depends on if votes for ties are non-votes, half-votes or super-position reserved votes. A 'vote for a tie' is actually an *extremely* complicated idea lol.

Sig by Heather Papps

Buttchocks

democracy failed us. Its time for award fascism.

Manifisto

I think it would Mani? Again it depends on if votes for ties are non-votes, half-votes or super-position reserved votes. A 'vote for a tie' is actually an *extremely* complicated idea lol.

Then I change my vote. I'm not exactly sure what my vote is being counted as right now. Let me know and I'll change it to the other thing.

BoldFrankensteinMir

I appreciate that, how does Buttchocks, the original person to vote for a tie, feel about it?

Sig by Heather Papps

Buttchocks

I appreciate that, how does Buttchocks, the original person to vote for a tie, feel about it?

I will be content with whatever outcome is decided.

BoldFrankensteinMir

Buttchocks posted:

I will be content with whatever outcome is decided.

...that is also an extremely complicated statement logically...

okay okay enough clownin' I get what you all mean and I'm gonna break it by voting for D.O.A. because I love it. Teenagers from Outer Space is an all-time gem from directorial great Jesus Christ II (he really did change his name to that you know) but when push comes to shove I gotta go with Frank Bigelow and his luminous poison.

SO! The results of this thread and the other thread are:

Coolest animal nominees, presented by Buckley the Highland Cow!

The Duckling from Animal Farm
The Cat from The Cassandra Cat
Ben the Bear from The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams (winner!)

Best luchador nominees, presented by Stephanie Vaquer!

Blue Demon from Arañas Infernales
Santo from Santo contra Blue Demon en la Atlántida
Mil Máscaras from Vuelven los Campeones Justicieros (winner!)

Best original song nominees, presented by Tay Zonday!

Riverbottom Nightmare Band from Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas (winner!)
Suffragette March from Mrs Santa Claus
Save the Whales (reprised) from Cheech & Chong's Nice Dreams

It Came from Planet Halmark Award nominees, presented by Santa!
Mrs Santa Claus
A Karate Christmas Miracle
Magic Stocking (winner!)

I've Paid to See Worse Movies Award nominees, presented by Malcolm Mcdowell!

Teenagers from Outer Space
D.O.A. (winner!)
Thief and the Cobbler Recobbled Cut

And our host will be The incredible Debra Wilson. This is all of course assuming people agree, any one of them can say no which is why we're buying these now so there's a week of oh-poo poo time.

Phew!! Thank you so much friends, I will order these ASAP. The award show awaits!!!

Edit- Cameos have been ordered!!!

Edit edit- Debra Wilson has confirmed for all 3 parts!!! Eeeeee!

BoldFrankensteinMir fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jun 5, 2023

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

Hey everybody, one more update on the cameos- everyone's are in and they're fantastic, EXCEPT, Mz Stephanie Vaquer has declined to present our best luchador award.

I'm sure as an active athlete and performer she has very good reasons, I'm no expert on in-the-ring politics. Because Cameos have a 7 day deadline on them that means we gotta pick her replacement today or tomorrow though, so, any suggestions are welcome. After I tipped everybody (including a generous one for our host who really did bring it to three whole videos) we still have about 40 bucks left.

Sig by Heather Papps

Saoshyant

Try Crazy Boy. Luchador, mask and all, $15.

There's also Mr Iguana, Drago, and Lady Apache for $20 each

Buttchocks

Can I request BFM dressed as Santa Claus?

Saoshyant

Buttchocks posted:

Can I request BFM dressed as Santa Claus?

Good news! We already secured his services for the "It Came from Planet Halmark" Award.

BoldFrankensteinMir

Saoshyant posted:

Try Crazy Boy. Luchador, mask and all, $15.

There's also Mr Iguana, Drago, and Lady Apache for $20 each

Cool, thank you! I'm leaning towards Lady Apache just so we can have one female presenter other than our host. I'll get the request in today!

Sig by Heather Papps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir

Can it truly be!? Just 30 salty-sweet minutes until the 2nd Annual Coupons & Deals Movie Nite Awards begin!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uheu3svFkzM
https://cytu.be/r/BYOBmovies 4pm pdt 7pm edt 23:00 utc see you there!!!!

Sig by Heather Papps