Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Zisky posted:

The pitch at the Rose Bowl is apparently completely underwater.

It's a dog poo poo stadium so I'm not surprised but drat I was looking forward to the match.

Hey, that’s the Grandaddy of them all to you, bub <:mad:>

I guess it’s only natural for Portland’s snowpocalypse to cause a delay for the home opener, but it still might look like Hoth by kickoff.

As one of those rare things (an MLS fan living outside the US) I feel like I’m finally freed, plus the coverage starting from 7:30 pm ET means MLS Sunday mornings for me. Watched a bit today, no complaints so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Hekk posted:

Minnesota United home opener is at 7:30pm tomorrow! Let's check in and see what the weather will be like...

loving Minnesota bullshit.

orange ball orange ball

*slamming on table*

ORANGE BALL ORANGE BALL

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

That’s actually a pretty great goal from Wynalda

Some good skills from San Jose there in between getting chopped down, too.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Welcome, let’s just hope you get unique branding and not the Chivas USA 2.0 treatment.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

binge crotching posted:

Not only are those hideous, but it's pretty drat funny that they are trying a Marvel tie in when Marvel has been losing fans with the oversaturation of the market.

how perfectly MLS to be five years late to a trend eh

that said Arsenal have been bringing out various fashion-related non-playing kit the past few years with Adidas, so not surprising MLS may get in on the game as well.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Pigma_Micron posted:

The Galaxy have been real busy:

Maya Yoshida (CB most recently with Schalke) official
Michael Barrios (we all know him as an "eh" journeyman MLS striker) official
and Bogert is reporting (LA has made it official) Edwin Cerrillo (D-mid from FCD's academy).

All for... honestly, not terrible prices. Considering the circumstances, I'm actually pretty impressed.

edit: Also, Puig is probably on his way out. End of the year, for sure, but, maybe earlier.

Maya Yoshida is still getting caps for Japan and was captain last World Cup from memory, he should still be alright if paired with somebody to do the hard running.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

It's been time. Would've taken a big up-swing this year to really save his skin, and it just hasn't been good enough.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Edward Mass posted:

San Diego's going to announce their identity on October 20th, according to reports. I'm guessing yellow will be one of the colors.

Baby blue and yellow, in San Diego? It’ll never work.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Nybble posted:

Portland fans don’t deserve this. MP does, but they don’t

:haibrow:

:gonk:

Nail that loving failson to the wall and get him out of the club ffs

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Sounds like the Phil Neville news is officially tweeted by the team:

https://twitter.com/TimbersFC/status/1721649004667367569

not enough :gonk: to describe my feeling about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Nybble posted:

https://x.com/RyanTClarke/status/1724607622492700858?s=20

MLS should have gotten MP out by now. This is just sad. Even Dan Snyder wasn’t this toxic to the brand

Let me quote from the article

quote:

DaBella’s annual revenue is estimated at $39.2 million by Zippia. Alaska Airlines’ reported revenue for 2022 was $9.6 billion.

The smallest known kit sponsorship in MLS is the Philadelphia Union’s deal with Bimbo Bakeries, which pays the Union approximately $2.2 million per year. Bimbo’s annual revenue is estimated at $750 million.

loving woof that’s a downgrade. That’s all we could get? Seriously? I don’t even care if it’s a cent more than Alaska Airlines or a cent less, it’s about the profile of the deal.