Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3811564&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

logikv9 posted:

Because Buttigieg lost, op

Perez and Ellison were both the worst examples of the democratic party

get that OUT of my face posted:

buttigieg talked a lot more about focusing on local races and probably should have won based on that

Squizzle posted:

buttigieg buttigieg buttigieg buttigieg buttigieg buttigieg buttigieg buttigieg yeeeeaaaaaahh

A Big Fuckin Hornet posted:

i wonder what buttigieg is doing right now......

Squizzle posted:

:yossame: and ive written some fan fiction that addresses this question in an unconventional way

CSPAM is singlehandedly responsible for Pete Butt's revival and the East Palestine incident

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

bump

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Name spelled like butt but pronounced like booty.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

They cannot keep getting away with this

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

he is short and gay

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

he is short and gay

Must be easy to relate

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Peter Buttcheeks, as he’s known

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
This threads homophobic

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

https://twitter.com/townhallcom/status/1628805079946956800

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

super sweet best pal posted:

Name spelled like butt but pronounced like booty.

When he was much younger, he supposedly changed the way he pronounced his name at least twice because he thought it would sound better in political ads.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
his name is peepee butt

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

tee hee hee

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Azathoth posted:

When he was much younger, he supposedly changed the way he pronounced his name at least twice because he thought it would sound better in political ads.

Why not just legally change your last name to Freedom or America or Nineleven or something patriotic like that? That’s what I’d do.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

booty juggs

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

gieg butt lest pete be gieged

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica
who is this guy and why should i care?

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica
his name is pete butt, anything else?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

SideEffectShit posted:

some great white hope for the democrats idk

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

SideEffectShit posted:

he's america's mayor

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Azathoth posted:

lol he's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP_tC2dYX3o

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

SideEffectShit posted:

his name is pete butt, anything else?

that's Secretary of Transportation Pete Butt to you, pal

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica

Buck Wildman posted:

some great white hope for the democrats idk
so he's some goofy rear end geriatic crypto-nazi?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Butt Edge Edge

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

They all are.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

this guy sucks so bad. not funny at all, only annoying. thank god he'll never achieve any sort of elected office ever again lmao

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Buttigieg not, lest ye be Buttigieged

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

this guy sucks so bad. not funny at all, only annoying. thank god he'll never achieve any sort of elected office ever again lmao

lol if you think he isn't already planning which blue state to move to so he can run for Senate like Hillary did

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Azathoth posted:

lol if you think he isn't already planning which blue state to move to so he can run for Senate like Hillary did

oh he's absolutely going to, 100%. the problem for pete is that as hated as hillary was she still had her fedayeen. the only people on the planet that like pete are the handful of orange county yoga studio owners that hope to get into a future wine cave fundraiser

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Booty Judge

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

oh he's absolutely going to, 100%. the problem for pete is that as hated as hillary was she still had her fedayeen. the only people on the planet that like pete are the handful of orange county yoga studio owners that hope to get into a future wine cave fundraiser

he's still developing it but he will have one if he plays his cards right. i met a bunch of bright-eyed little psychopaths who absolutely loved him in 2020. he's loving catnip to a certain set of ladder climbing suburban millennial. if yuppies were still a thing, they'd be yuppies and they loving love him

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica

Bilirubin posted:

Butt Edge Edge

wouldn't that be nice

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica

future wine cave fundraiser

:cawg:

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica

Azathoth posted:

he's still developing it but he will have one if he plays his cards right. i met a bunch of bright-eyed little psychopaths who absolutely loved him in 2020. he's loving catnip to a certain set of ladder climbing suburban millennial. if yuppies were still a thing, they'd be yuppies and they loving love him

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

https://twitter.com/RobDiRienzo/status/1225077247901622279

quote:

Pete just didn't have enough billionaires...heck, how many billionaires can you fit in a wine cave anyway?

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Petrov Butt

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica
bourgeois politics

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Azathoth posted:

you may be right but I think he's ultimately doomed to be another beto. maybe they try to get him to replace tammy baldwin? I don't know, I think without the full support of the party he's going to flounder wherever he lands and I think that the party is going to grasp for anyone that's not these guys. but who knows maybe they go all in on him and kamala. it is the democrats, after all

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Pete is more ambitious but not as delusional as Beto.

Beto thought he could really win the nomination for president. Pete was in it from the start to shiv other people and then sell out his support. Pete was like 2nd in fundraising in 2019 but essentially invested nothing in super tuesday states and in SC his only real expenditure were ant- Bernie ads. From the start his strategy was "make big splash in Iowa and NH, use the attention to attack whoever is in 2nd place, get promise from Biden and establishment". He knows that dems work on loyalty and trading favors. After this stint, he's going to become like a fellow at KSG at Harvard or Brown or something that will get him living in some New England or other northeastern area, and he's going to like primary Markey or take over the Rhode Island seat or something.

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

his name is also the sound his rear end in a top hat makes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

you may be right but I think he's ultimately doomed to be another beto. maybe they try to get him to replace tammy baldwin? I don't know, I think without the full support of the party he's going to flounder wherever he lands and I think that the party is going to grasp for anyone that's not these guys. but who knows maybe they go all in on him and kamala. it is the democrats, after all

in terms of running for president, yeah that's not something that's in his cards the next time there's a nominations contest, but in terms of working the inside party structures to get a senate nomination in a safe blue state where the primary effectively is the general election, he can absolutely manage that if he establishes residency and is patient, and given his age, he can absolutely afford to be patient. just wait for a few low key news stories about him buying a house in illinois or connecticut or wherever and then give it a couple cycles. he'll be ghosting around local politics, speaking at all the little dinners, etc. and then when there's an open nomination, he'll go all in on it