Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Anyone else paying attention to this because its totally loving wild. Pretty obvious this guy killed his wife and son. Also claims to have been taking 2000 mg of Oxycodone a day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-_j5qvFbNc

Anyway its absolutely loving wild because in addition to murdering 2 people this guy apparently did a poo poo load of financial crimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
lol his name sounds a bit like "murder"

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

you know when you look at it with your own eyes its pretty hosed that a bunch of old white men can safely sit around in a well-lit and secure building and debate the murders of people with less power than they have, and that the decision to punish or free one of those white men is largely defined by how much money they spent

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

There’s a documentary series on Netflix called “Murdaugh Murders” covering Alex’s alleged murders of his wife and youngest son as well as:

-his failson who got some girl killed because he was a rich alcoholic shithead
-his oldest son may or may not have beaten a kid to death for the crime of being gay.
-the family caretaker was killed on their property under mysterious circumstances and Alex stole the insurance money afterwards
-Alex’s failed hit on himself

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

GolfHole posted:

you know when you look at it with your own eyes its pretty hosed that a bunch of old white men can safely sit around in a well-lit and secure building and debate the murders of people with less power than they have, and that the decision to punish or free one of those white men is largely defined by how much money they spent

And if you're friends with the powerful state senator who says they will be your lawyer :science: (which admittedly will also cost a lot of money)

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Hammerite posted:

lol his name sounds a bit like "murder"

Fuckin open and shut case

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
This guy sounds exactly like a villain from a Jack Reacher book.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Seems like a real jerk

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I tried to watch the Netflix show but it was so boring and so badly done I gave up.

Just a couple examples of why/how it was bad:

In the first episode, they very very quickly gloss over what it was about. Something about 5 dead people connected to a rich family. It didn't say who they were or anything about them. The whole premise was there were 5 dead people, keep watching to find out more. Uh no, you need more detail than that. But whatever.

We keep watching. Nothing is happening, it's just over detailed interviews of something that happened with too much background that was irrelevant. But then all of a sudden a new person is being interviewed. Oh no, it's not a new person, it's the same person as before except in a different location, with different clothes, makeup, hair style. Enough that we didn't know who it was at first. And then....they did it again with another person.

Just terrible. A documentary shouldn't be this confusing.

I did watch the Amazing Jonathon documentary/movie and that was pretty entertaining. Well, the one about the guy who seemed to be getting hosed over the whole time.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
CNN's timeline is a bit of an eye-opener if you're only slightly familiar with why this has gotten so much media attention and live broadcasts of the trial. It's pretty rare when someone born with many advantages in life not only destroys themselves, but does it so thoroughly that far too many innocents are caught in the splash zone.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Dude also admitted to stealing and spending 790 thousand dollars in 2 months.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

I tried to watch the Netflix show but it was so boring and so badly done I gave up.

Just a couple examples of why/how it was bad:

In the first episode, they very very quickly gloss over what it was about. Something about 5 dead people connected to a rich family. It didn't say who they were or anything about them. The whole premise was there were 5 dead people, keep watching to find out more. Uh no, you need more detail than that. But whatever.

We keep watching. Nothing is happening, it's just over detailed interviews of something that happened with too much background that was irrelevant. But then all of a sudden a new person is being interviewed. Oh no, it's not a new person, it's the same person as before except in a different location, with different clothes, makeup, hair style. Enough that we didn't know who it was at first. And then....they did it again with another person.

Just terrible. A documentary shouldn't be this confusing.

yea thats what happens when you throw a documentary together as fast as possible so that its literally being released at the same time that the thing the documentary is about is still happening

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Agent Escalus posted:

CNN's timeline is a bit of an eye-opener if you're only slightly familiar with why this has gotten so much media attention and live broadcasts of the trial. It's pretty rare when someone born with many advantages in life not only destroys themselves, but does it so thoroughly that far too many innocents are caught in the splash zone.

This timeline is loving wild dude stole like millions of dollars from clients.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

They're all the palest lookin thumbs you ever seen

What's up with that

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Also dude tried to have himself murdered by someone so his son could collect insurance money. Its just a totally loving wild ride of a story.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
it really bothers me how this guy goes by alex but pronounces it "ellick"

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

(South Carolina accent) there's been a Murdaugh

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
That seems like a lot of oxy he probably felt really good and 'high' a lot

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

lol

quote:

June 25: Alex Murdaugh and his other son, Buster, announce a $100,000 reward for information leading to the conviction of the person or persons responsible for the killings of Maggie and Paul.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Nooner posted:

That seems like a lot of oxy he probably felt really good and 'high' a lot

I heard oxy blocks you up and makes it hard to have a nice poo poo. Or maybe that's something else?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Torquemada posted:

I heard oxy blocks you up and makes it hard to have a nice poo poo. Or maybe that's something else?

That's all opiates

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.
I can’t stand this guy, because my wife is watching his trial and various YouTube commenters non-stop and when I get home from work I have to listen to her theories for hours on end

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Torquemada posted:

That explains why he was so grumpy!

If I were his attorney that's the angle I'd have gone with

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

My Spirit Otter posted:

it really bothers me how this guy goes by alex but pronounces it "ellick"
You're gonna hate how Murdaugh is pronounced

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

Slugworth posted:

I watched the Netflix show, so must have heard it a million times, and I still don't know how its pronounced

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Slugworth posted:

Like someone from Boston trying to pronounce "murder"?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
(It's Murdock)

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Slugworth posted:

(It's Murdock)

The gently caress it is

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Milo and POTUS posted:

The Dookie Defense

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Hollismason posted:

This timeline is loving wild dude stole like millions of dollars from clients.

It appears he was ratfucking clients by telling them their case resolved for like $30k when it was actually more like $350,000 and pocketing the difference.

I've done a shitload of settlements, for my own and for partners' files, and every single one has a detailed overview of what the plaintiff is getting. Then the plaintiff signs it, indicating they've reviewed it, also initialing every page.

I don't get how this guy was doing this, there must have been significant forgery involved.

Also I would like to know how long he was doing this, because if it was more than a year you'd think the firm's reputation would eventually suffer by people putting up reviews about their lovely settlement amounts.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
I think that guy may have Murdaugh'd some people.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
do they have any physical evidence that they've talked about in the trial

i saw the hbo doc a while back and it was pre trial and they just had circumstantial and bs blood splatter science

he definitely killed his family regardless

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Rahu posted:

I think that guy may have Murdaugh'd some people.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
With a name like that who can blame him

Murder, mauder

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

olylifter posted:

I don't get how this guy was doing this, there must have been significant forgery involved.

it's very lazy and lol

he just wrote the settlements to some hidden account of his, but wrote it out like it was going to a real consulting company

no poo poo, the name of the company was Forge Consulting

MaliciousBiz
Mar 28, 2010

I Pay to Poast on Internet
Cancel culture strikes again. :rolls_eyes:

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Pimpcasso posted:

it's very lazy and lol

he just wrote the settlements to some hidden account of his, but wrote it out like it was going to a real consulting company

no poo poo, the name of the company was Forge Consulting

that's some Bernie Madoff level chicanery in terms of naming choices

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Milo and POTUS posted:

If he cannot poo poo, you must acquit.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

What's strange to me is that what was his loving plan? Embezzle and defraud a bunch of people then he murders his family to cover up his fraud?

It just doesn't make any sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Slugworth posted:

You're the dead man now, Murdaugh
-Sean Connery