Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
And all the towns folk of... um where ever that guys lived, are safe once again.

Also from article just posted "Murdaugh also faces nearly 100 charges against him for various financial crimes".
He's proper hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I honestly thought he was going to get away with it.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

he probably could have gotten away with it if it weren't for those lousy kids and that mangy pup!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Torquemada posted:

The Dookie Defense

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.
I really hope they look into the other deaths, too. I'd bet anything that poor housekeeper was murdered.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Guy named Murdaugh being convicted of murder is a bit on the nose don't you think?

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Turns put that going on the stand and saying "Yeah, I'm a liar, but you have to trust me, I am not a murderer!" was not a winning strategy.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Probably how he got disbarred to begin with

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

sweet geek swag posted:

Turns put that going on the stand and saying "Yeah, I'm a liar, but you have to trust me, I am not a murderer!" was not a winning strategy.

Wonder how his lawyer is going to explain THAT move to his future clients.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Alex turdaugh

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

sweet geek swag posted:

You know some people will say it was lying to much that did him in. I say it wasn't lying enough!

Also killing those people.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Nice. I can finally relax now that I've gotten away with it.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
He probably did kill the housekeeper.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Did it get explained in the trial what his motive was for killing his wife and kid?

Or why he stole $7M from clients?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
Buddy, you ever met his wife and kid?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
The world really lost two beautiful souls with this sack of poo poo's pig wife and ugly murdering son.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Agent Escalus posted:

Wonder how his lawyer is going to explain THAT move to his future clients.

“Don’t worry, you’re not OBVIOUSLY super guilty like that guy was.”

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Pirate Radar posted:

“Don’t worry, you’re not OBVIOUSLY super guilty like that guy was.”

Well I'm sure as hell not going to trust any lawyer his strategy is relaying on me not being guilty as hell. :colbert:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

It woulda worked too

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Well on one hand he was a narcissistic rich rear end in a top hat psycho.

On the other, he killed his narcissistic rich rear end in a top hat psycho son, so perhaps knock a few years off his sentence.

Archonet
Mar 12, 2022

it is time to boogie

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Guy named Murdaugh being convicted of murder is a bit on the nose don't you think?

Next up, he fires his defense team and instead hires a new law firm: Dewey, Cheatham & Howe.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

This guy also seemed real dumb regarding the profession he was supposed to be good at, he told his son on the prison phone that he didn't know what a habeus corpus petition was.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

Olewithmilk posted:

This guy also seemed real dumb regarding the profession he was supposed to be good at, he told his son on the prison phone that he didn't know what a habeus corpus petition was.

How did he even get into lawyer school not knowing what show us the body means

Oh...money

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Treecko posted:

How did he even get into lawyer school not knowing what show us the body means

Oh...money

It's probably overall a good thing that he removed himself and his family from having any influence or power over prosecuting the law, despite the circumstances being horrific

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

In situations like this, I always wonder about the dynamics of these people's social circle. Are his buddies at country club sincere friends who were indifferent to how lousy he and his family were? Did they think he was a piece of poo poo but were obliged to be polite and invite him to Christmas dinner? Were they secretly hoping something like this would happen?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
They are unimpressed with his body count

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Murdaugh was widely regarded as the most philanthropic member of the club

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Hollismason posted:

I honestly thought he was going to get away with it.

The trial was pretty much just the prosecution listing off his crimes and all the clear evidence with very little resistance from his defense, and him sitting with a thousand yard stare. It was almost a joke as a trial bc he pretty much had nothing to respond with.

Knowing he had ties to local govt and legal folks, I'm pretty sure they only brought him to trial because at this point they had so much evidence there was no way for him to escape.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Mar 3, 2023

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
FREE ALEX!!!!!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Mozi posted:

FREE ALEX!!!!!

:hmmno:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Mozi posted:

FREE ALEX!!!!!

She can free herself, thank you very much.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I hope Alec Baldwin shoots him in jail

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Mozi posted:

FREE ALEX!!!!!

Killer deal

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I think it's hosed up that he murdered his wife and son. I wouldn't have done that.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

smoobles posted:

I think it's hosed up that he murdered his wife and son. I wouldn't have done that.

This is easy to say with hindsight, imho.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Have you met his wife and kid?

Well you can't anymore

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Treecko posted:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

StrangersInTheNight posted:

The trial was pretty much just the prosecution listing off his crimes and all the clear evidence with very little resistance from his defense, and him sitting with a thousand yard stare. It was almost a joke as a trial bc he pretty much had nothing to respond with.

Knowing he had ties to local govt and legal folks, I'm pretty sure they only brought him to trial because at this point they had so much evidence there was no way for him to escape.

the best defence they had was some "he was too tall to shoot them at this angle" and then the prosecution tore that apart.

Prof. Crocodile posted:

In situations like this, I always wonder about the dynamics of these people's social circle. Are his buddies at country club sincere friends who were indifferent to how lousy he and his family were? Did they think he was a piece of poo poo but were obliged to be polite and invite him to Christmas dinner? Were they secretly hoping something like this would happen?

they probably just ignore it. that or its some its the case of "they all hate each other but class "forces" them to be friends".

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Treecko posted:

For “Alec” appropriation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Keith Morrison rising from his casket to tell the complete tale of Alex Murdaugh.