Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 18 days!)

anyone actually tried that G-fuel stuff that all the content creators promote?
is it just an energy-drink based gatorade

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

DeusIgnis posted:

This never made sense considering you can literally order this at any bar (Vodka + Red Bull).

I didn't say it made sense.. there was some news saying people were drinking them like beer and causing "issues".

Free throw for anyone in the government pretending to fix "issues".

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

Wendigee posted:

I didn't say it made sense.. there was some news saying people were drinking them like beer and causing "issues".

Free throw for anyone in the government pretending to fix "issues".

I used to drink sparks and fight people in my college days. it was wild because you'd be black out drunk, but not passing out because of the stimulant effect. Truly wacky poo poo. I'm kinda glad it's banned. There isn't really anything good that comes of those drinks. They never even tasted good either.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

hark posted:

I used to drink sparks and fight people in my college days. it was wild because you'd be black out drunk, but not passing out because of the stimulant effect. Truly wacky poo poo. I'm kinda glad it's banned. There isn't really anything good that comes of those drinks. They never even tasted good either.

i never did any fighting but yes loads of sparks consumption rarely ended well

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

A vodka and redbull would be like 5 bucks and would be one drink serving. A 4 loko was a gentleman's 4 drinks and 2 dollars.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I bought something that seems to be called Sprecher's Charged Lemonade at a dollar store today. I am just a sucker for anything billed as lemonade and also for weird poo poo at the dollar store, though they are never good. Is this thing gonna be any good.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I bought something that seems to be called Sprecher's Charged Lemonade at a dollar store today. I am just a sucker for anything billed as lemonade and also for weird poo poo at the dollar store, though they are never good. Is this thing gonna be any good.

i think it's just caffeinated lemonade. Sprecher makes good soda.

----------------

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

Chief McHeath posted:

i never did any fighting but yes loads of sparks consumption rarely ended well

The local grocery store across the street rang up the four packs as a singular can (1.49). We bought them out every week when they restocked them, until they finally noticed the error 3 months later.

Fun summer, but it also didn't usually end well

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

rndmnmbr posted:

It would help if I wasn't so dead-set against the energy drink taste they all seem to share. I don't feel like spending three buck on something I'm going to take a single sip of and pour out, so I don't experiment much. I've probably missed out on dozens of drinks that I'd like - but jesus loving christ, that energy drink taste is loving foul.

the nasty bitter taste that that is common across many energy drinks is added on purpose. there is no scientific or manufacturing problem that is preventing the creation of energy drinks that taste good; it's all because the people making the drinks position them that way for marketing and sales reasons. one fun reason (sorry i don't have a link handy) is that the bitter chemical taste has been studied scientifically, and the finding was that many people who drink an energy drink report feeling more energized when the drink has the nasty taste vs. when the drink doesn't have it

anyway here are some brands of energy drinks that are my preferred "dont taste like rear end" drinks. most of these i have only tried because i often just buy whatever is the the cheapest per-can-price multipack at the store. i think all of these are either zero sugar or very low sugar:

ZOA. my favorite flavor is Tropical Punch, because it tastes almost exactly like Hawaiian Punch. the other flavors I have tried are Orange and White Peach, which are fine but i like them less than the punch. these also are "less sweet" to me than some other no-sugar drinks.

C4. i like the strawberry guava one. i have tried a couple others and they are ok. this brand seems to be massively sweet no matter which flavor it is

Monster. i once found a multipack that had strawberry, watermelon, and peach. these were all really good but i liked the strawberry one the best. i don't buy it often because i'm a cheapskate and i don't see it on sale a whole lot

Red Bull. the original "red edition" flavored red bull had sugar, but man it was my favorite. it used to be my little treat when i was productive running errands and i would reward myself by grabbing one at the checkout line at whatever store i was in that had it. buuut it no longer exists :(

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

if you live in florida you best be putting your thirst in Chek!

6529f1aecf644b3ebd4b5ecd23c9dbc3

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Coming into this thread for the very first time to say that my local Panera moved the charged lemonades behind the counter and this is about as bad as 9/11 to me. How the gently caress am I supposed to get dangerously caffeinated for free now

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

mutantIke posted:

Coming into this thread for the very first time to say that my local Panera moved the charged lemonades behind the counter and this is about as bad as 9/11 to me. How the gently caress am I supposed to get dangerously caffeinated for free now

they killed somebody with one so they need to lie low for now.

----------------

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
I don't want to be one of those people who mocked the coffee burn woman but honestly I stand with Panera, if you can die due to having too much caffeine you should probably not consume energy drinks, even accidentally

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
man you guys need to be more considerate, an actual tragedy occurred:

they replaced the apple-cranberry flavor with loving zero-sugar blood orange

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

Nikumatic posted:

man you guys need to be more considerate, an actual tragedy occurred:

they replaced the apple-cranberry flavor with loving zero-sugar blood orange

Gotta get the zero calorie crowd! The charged drinks behind the counter are a total pain from the employees point of view as well. A total hassle and knee jerk response from corporate

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

mutantIke posted:

thoughts and prayers for you as you struggle with this personal 9/11. i hope you get your al qaeda

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
The Monster Orange Dreamsicle is really drat good, almost too good. I'll drink one in 15 minutes and be ready to have another afterward, which is dangerous.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
drat I'm going to have to look out for it, I love orange beverages.

Rockstar for a while had Orange and Strawberry whip flavors that tasted like, well, orange and strawberry whip and I really liked those but I guess no one else did since I can't ever find them anymore.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Rick posted:

Rockstar for a while had Orange and Strawberry whip flavors that tasted like, well, orange and strawberry whip and I really liked those but I guess no one else did since I can't ever find them anymore.

my brother in arms

they were discontinued for a while and most places never put them back on the shelves (rockstar in general seems to have a real fuckin small grocery/convenience store footprint) when they came back, but you can get twelve packs of both flavors on amazon

i'm also the only one who actually liked the weird loving sunkist/a&w "floats" they used to have where they basically just watered down sodas with milk but goddamnit i loved them

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Another person died from the Panera energy lemonade. Funny that Panera of all places developed the deadliest fast food item in a while.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a second customer has hit the panera ...

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

R.I.P(anera),

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
they're going to start making people sign releases to buy their lemonade.

----------------

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Rick posted:

drat I'm going to have to look out for it, I love orange beverages.

Cue me grabbing one of these on the way to work in a rush, thinking it was a Rockstar Juiced, and horking it back up an hour into my shift.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Hey… anyone else want to try the lemonade that kills you? :ninja:

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

I tried the deadly panera lemonade a few weeks ago and now I have the foxdie virus

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
Been drinking it three days a week for a month, I am invincible

----------------

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Clearly the people who are dying just don't have Panera Bread Rizz. I have had so much charged lemonade that I am more rizz than man

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

I drink 90 ounces of blood orange charged sips every day and yet I live. I need to ingest more for the sweet release of death I guess

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Thank you for your service, Limp Dick Calvin.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
I love discovering minor Achewood characters in real life.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I’m trying the gamer supp stuff and to test it properly, I have had no coffee all day.

The tastes are ok but im not sure if it is keeping me awake

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

A vodka and redbull would be like 5 bucks and would be one drink serving. A 4 loko was a gentleman's 4 drinks and 2 dollars.

You could also buy them at gas stations. Ten years ago I would visit one of my friends some weekends and liquor stores all closed at 7 out where they were. We’d just walk to the gas station and get the nerfed 4Lokos and get obliterated while we played PS4. I still get nauseous when I smell artificial watermelon.

----------------

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Does Monster Ultra Blue still exist? I've seen all the other colors of Ultra all over the place but haven't spotted Blue for sale in quite a while. I miss its indescribably blue flavor.

DeusIgnis
Jan 17, 2010

Gorilla Mind is now my go to energy drink. Tiger’s Blood flavor… 👌🏻

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I like the sangria Rock Star.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Akratic Method posted:

Does Monster Ultra Blue still exist? I've seen all the other colors of Ultra all over the place but haven't spotted Blue for sale in quite a while. I miss its indescribably blue flavor.

Jolt Cola had a similar flavor 20 years ago. The only way I could describe it was “it tastes like blue”.

I haven’t had a monster ultra blue since 2020 sadly, I worked a job that had a monster vending machine and I would buy like three cans a day from that thing.

----------------

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

I want to shake hands with the beverage scientist who made the "sour heads" bang that managed to taste sour without managing to BE sour. so i can then hurl them into the sky like a discus.

i no longer drink energy drinks because sour apple nos ate a hole in my intestinal lining

crimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

R u ok?