Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

nhd dont post here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bumnp

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

speng31b posted:

the state of the forums is

not good but the gbs politics threads in sad are excellent

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

aids

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The GBS thread was brigaded successfully by forum superstars with friends in high places. People posting gore should have been banned on the second offence.

Decision to close the tread was heavy-handed, and apparently ignored the GBS mods along the way, which is a bad look. An even worse look is to tell people from the GBS thread, many living in Europe or directly in the vicinity of the conflict, to go to C-SPAM, where there is general hostility towards Eastern Europe, not to mention the prevalence of pro-Russian voices.

I'm kinda on the fence about staying with SA at this point.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

im american and proud of it

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

crepeface posted:

i fuckign love voting

in my state we get a book, and one ofthe cadidates every year runs entirely on a we shouudl lower the age of consent position

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

hope brandon crushes the podcasters next

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

reserved

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

no

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

just nticed ithat the stewie griffin thread doesnt have an ik still

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

500 good dogs posted:

it takes a lot of posts to deny genocide I guess

ya the feeedback threadsd are kind of aids now

shoutout to spr for that holodomor thread :cheers:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Azathoth posted:

hillary losing took out a lot of good posters who never came back

"good"

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lobster shirt posted:

the forums bring me great joy

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

quote:

I am disappointed by the closure. The thread was a source of detailed roundups and had posters who would aggregate deeper analysis. But outside of the informational value, it was a place to gather for people to vent. This is necessary because the intergenerational trauma of war is still very much alive in Europe. All my family members who had witnessed or participated in the last big war had nightmares of it until their dying breaths, and they passed echoes of that on to the next generations. To a bunch of middle class American tankies they, millions of others, and now the Ukrainians, are just a bunch of lol cows.

Yes there were dumb posters in the GBS thread. Fine. They were told to turn it down, and they did. For a very long time, the threads in CSPAM read like /pol/, 8chan, and similar boards. There is so much glee at lives being snuffed out senselessly. The impression that I have is that some self-ascribed 'leftists' over there see this conflict as their once-in-a-life opportunity to take it out on what they perceive as a racially inferior group. They have been cheering this on.

The behaviour of CSPAM. and the fact that SA administration repeatedly stands with that group is disturbing. It puts to rest the illusion that there is anything more than performative support for persecuted groups in leftist spaces. This time it's the Ukrainians. Next time it might be you.

hits keep on coming

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

cbo brain would be when you post 8 tweets no one is going to read into a thread

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

uou all ever notice how the people who send us to war never fight in the war

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

my apologies that was meant for the war thread

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

500 good dogs posted:

gbs china thread ftw

my favorite era of that thread was when it had an ik that quite literally said it was okay for him to be racist because he had a chinese girlfirend

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3971965

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Shumagorath posted:

OP is mad I made fun of him until he got thread banned from the Google Stadia shark tank thread in loving Games.

Making fun of stux will cause him to read your entire post history; everyone should try it.

e:
Now that I've caught up with the thread: I am mad that government middle management graft perpetuated the perfect conditions for a zoonotic-origin virus to spawn (housing multiple species together in unsanitary conditions, one or more of which is a known coronavirus reservoir). I am mad Xi himself seems to have been complicit in the coverup that let the virus get out of control. I still am, because had those wildlife markets been closed like the top-level government ordered instead of kept open on the DL, we might have been spared four million deaths. I'm also mad that people on my side of the globe have had 18 months to figure out basic mask-wearing and still can't seem to manage even that.

My ex's family is Chinese Canadian and found the same things equally gross.

Shumagorath posted:

Obviously the blender thing was sarcastic, but abattoirs are not nice places, and there is a specific market in Wuhan named as a possible origin due to unsanitary conditions allowing animal viruses to swap genetic material and become covid-19. If it were just pigs (for example), or even pigs next to vegetables as some guy thought I failed to understand earlier, this would not have happened.

Anyhow, I'm going to do my daily 50pts of Mandarin. You guys feel free to continue making poo poo up.

Lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

hearing rumors that az is actually fluffdaddy who is actually just a km alt

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Unoriginal Name my brother, your usernames used to be so good, what happened?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Al! posted:

which group would u rather have in your ukraine thread gbs posters or trump thread posters

id liek to see both crushed

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Buck Wildman posted:

weren't all the bernie avs bought by some outside troll or something

they were boughbt by az who also is fluffdaddy, who also is a km alt

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i told you so posted:

I was taught in school that Marxism is bad because it doesn't and will never work in real life. I haven't seen anything to the contrary. But, I get that capitalism creates winners and losers. So if you're a loser I won't begrudge your stance. That's why both the C-SPAM and the GBS thread should stay.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

speng31b posted:

I enjoy shitposting and (attempting) to make funny puns about Russia's incompetence.

Now I'm told to take it to C-SPAM. They have four threads on the main page with a "Marxism" label. Like 50% of the posters have a Bernie Sanders AV. I had multiple of their ilk PM me over the years to say I need the guillotine because I own too much property.

Am I loving crazy to not feel welcome there? I don't know if the C-Spam userbase is genuinely evil, because I can't tell if they're USA-hating communists (evil, obviously), or if it's all just an aesthetic cosplay (misguided, I'll say charitably). In either case, I don't think I want to have anything to do with them when there was already a place I could post without incident.

this guy is apparently a slumlord too, lmfao

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the c in cspam stands for a word im not allowed to say

it stands for kramer

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

liking the guys who are like yeah i get all my news from gbs

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i get all my costco news from the costco thread

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

the toe shooter worked for an insurance agency iirc

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

we should destroy the trump thread and it’s inhabitants

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

can someone open the autoban so I can gloat

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

Let him go further

he’s 100% going to call al saqr the n word soon

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

John Charity Spring posted:

idiot. you could have ingratiated yourself and got in on those gambling proceeds

he’s got a system where he wins more than loses

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i got a system that lets me win more than I lose too

it’s called look at the lineup and bet against the mavericks when luka is not playing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

going to the money tree in the backyard anytime I run out