Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

esperantinc posted:

I swear I remember in an earlier episode he told Nate to call him Rupert as well, I'll have to rewatch.

I can barely remember what I had for breakfast, so I wouldn't put a bet on it or anything, ha.

He did!
So when Nate called him Rupert in private this episode he went back to call me Mr mannion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

See, now I took the second "did we....yes we did" to mean "did we have an instant connection" or "did we just fall in love"

They show her falling asleep on the couch and him going to his bedroom.

She was not black out drunk so she would have remembered.

There's absolutely no indication in their whole interaction he would have lied to her about it if they did have sex.

They did not sleep together.

sheri fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Apr 20, 2023

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

This episode was ok.
It felt like the set up episode for the rest of the series for almost all the storylines.

I thought season 2 was kind of a mess until the whole season was done too and then when we had the whole thing I thought it fit together nicely.

Except for Beard After Hours. I still dislike that episode.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

Phenotype posted:

Is there really that kind of money behind these teams? I wouldn't bat an eye if this was the NFL, but aren't these smaller local teams? I just did a quick Google and it seems like there are 7 of these teams just in London? I'm trying to translate that to the NFL or the larger collegiate teams in the US, but the US teams seem like they have so much more available population per fan base.

This is another annoying thing that comes with them being so apparently uninterested in any of the football storylines. Ted's in his third year now, isn't he? He's spent three years coaching a major league football team (and apparently making millions for it?) and he still hasn't bothered to learn a single thing about his job? If he literally doesn't know what offsides is, then he's completely incompetent, or at least as uninterested in football as the writers are.

Soccer is a big sport in England and Europe.
And I think the premier league is the one with the most money in it in all of Europe iirc. I think there are over 220 teams in England in all their league tiers.

"Manchester City's revenue in the 2021/22 season amounted to 731 million euros, representing an increase of 13 percent on the previous year. The club's total revenue was more than any other football club worldwide"

And while that's obviously the most, that's just the revenue one team in one of the leagues in England.

sheri fucked around with this message at 22:25 on May 9, 2023

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

A quick Google tells me that one of the lower paid managers has an income of 1.5 million pounds.

Nate's apartment doesn't bother me. He was probably on a lease so he's just riding out his lease. I wouldn't spring for a giant or fancy place either if I didn't know how my job was going to go and could be fired on a whim.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

I'm assuming he went home to his house because...where else would he go? Even if they stay divorced, when he left for England he was married and he hasn't spent any significant time in the states since getting divorced. He wouldn't necessarily have a place lined up immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

Neo Rasa posted:

He was probably getting paid like $10 million+ a year the three years he was coaching Richmond.

And he's supposed to find a place to live in another country when he doesn't know for sure when he's coming back during almost all of that three years?