Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

I loved the Christmas episode (and every episode) and I'll probably watch it every year now so backlash be damned :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

I did too, it would’ve been a brilliant surprise if it came out of nowhere in December.

That would have been more :britain: aesthetic too wouldn't it?

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

Lister posted:

Yeah, it was a good soft-reset back to being underdogs even though last season ended with them as winners (kind of). I do hope we get more jamie tart in general after being a big of season 1 and then side-lined the next.

Nate's story seems very predictable though. The moment there starts to be small problems, the twitter reaction will be negative which will throw him off, then his performance will spiral, and Rupert's affection will reverse. Nate will realize that the positivity he was getting at west ham was conditional, but the love he was getting from Ted was unconditional. I'd be surprised if they twist it any more than that, but we'll see.

It definitely seems to be going down that predictable line, but that is often the consequence for these emotional problems Nate has.

Before he even went up for the presser I was quoting the lines I hadn't seen yet like, "So you were just a towel boy this big step up must make you nervous," and he'd be like, "Oh gently caress you lol journalist"

So all that spiraling could be a big part of it where only Ted can save him, or he might get caught up in false appearances where Rupert goes to extreme lengths to scapegoat people to keep Ned on a pedestal, causing more festering guilt, insecurity, and dependence on Rupert in Nate.

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

A great return to form by showing so many stories together, and none of the things that have dragged a bit (psychics, dating app businesses).

Also reminiscent of the Xmas episode which I loved! :colbert:

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

blue squares posted:

Rebecca the billionaire in an Apple TV show has an android???

We often see iphones get use in the show, so maybe the android was in there because it gets wet and stops working or something.

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

His "did we... yes" was actually spoken to his accomplice off camera, they obviously slipped Rebecca the ricin cigarette.

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

Ciprian Maricon posted:

I know this show is all about positivity, but I find it very off-putting that the inappropriate and unethical actions by the therapist and Ted's wife are just not discussed with the seriousness they should be. It's illegal in some places for therapists to date former patients, but the show really seems to frame the conflict as just Ted not being able to or willing to "move on" and just ignoring the big big shadow cast on the end of his marriage by the fact that his councilor immediately started a relationship with his wife and patient.

I don't know the first thing about therapy rules and regulations but the Jake thing is super hosed up no?

When he heard Ted's voice over the phone he drat near fainted, then considered bailing like a coward. That's not the reaction of an innocent man.

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

Skeezy posted:

Thought the part with Issac taking Colin's phone was kinda weird. Considering they just had this whole scene talking about how it's not cool to look at photos not meant for you.

Also Jack still loving sucks and this episode just pushes that more. I feel like she did something to Barbara as well.

So, might be a blind spot for the non-queer viewer but this was showing the bias of Isaac (unless of course they show that he now hates Colin or some crazy twist). The whole PSA and delete scene was to protect women and the guys having a pretty standard conversation around feminism. Isaac believes that Colin is dodging the responsibility theyve set forth because he (Colin) wants to keep some nudes. Isaac fails to actually follow his own principles here which is common for men who feel like they're doing the right thing but also havent committed enough or been educated enough to enact that value. Isaac is willing to look at the nudes Colin has saved and delete them himself to be the 'better feminist' even at the cost of looking at someone else's private nudes, the very thing he strongly advocated against only AFTER learning a close personal colleague has been leaked. Then only to find out he has horribly invaded Colin's vulnerabilities and privacy.

The hypocrisy is the whole point. It's a common failing from straight men trying to do the right thing (mistakes like this I mean, maybe not grabbing another dudes phone specifically). Likely it'll be presented as a positive learning experience for Isaac and an emotionally difficult situation for Colin, internally Colin probably suspects that Isaac's reaction was a negative one like he's homophobic, when in reality he's likely feeling very guilty for the reason you stated, he just failed to practice what he preached.

Jack feels straight up abusive at this point in some respects, like that thing where the partner saves their significant other from something horrible to make them rely on you. I'm glad they fought instead of having jack successfully coerce Keely into staying together. I'm sure I wasn't the only one that suspected she did the leak as a way to save Keely and further control her and their relationship. As someone said before, she already has powerful financial control over her and her coworkers.

Danzel Glovington fucked around with this message at 15:33 on May 3, 2023

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

scytale posted:

My first thought was that as well, but then I thought it could’ve been from the angle of wanting to know who leaked it so he could go beat them with a rope

Although that seems more charitable, it's still dickhead behaviour, white knighting etcetera.

and even though Roy has expressed these intentions before on bullying, from inflection I gathered this case was just Roy's jealousy and sense of entitlement showing. He couldn't help himself, apologized immediately and cursed himself for it. A big dumb mistake that could easily cause permanent damage to his relationship (plutonic or otherwise) with Keely.

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

Data Graham posted:

1) Isaac being mad at Colin because "you lied to me" is a weak twist when up to that point it had been set up through snubs and acid side-eye glances that he was actually homophobic.

Yeah that was so loving dumb, I could tell exactly what they were trying to go for the whole time and basically saw it coming, a big :rolleyes: twist oh you think he's homophobic? OH YEAH!? He sure looks homophobic right guys? How bout that silent walkaway from the episode before that teed it up that it could go either way, did you guess which way it was gonna go? I guessed it.

Fricken please, it was my "what's the stupidest idea" prediction too, that'd they'd use Isaac is he/isn't he homophobic as a big twist.

I laughed at defo get boners though

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

All the posts about how they threw the food are funnier than anything they could have filmed so at least the show produced something worthwhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

:canada: unavailable