Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

AC4 still owns a lot and it's fun how From handles the plot through the game and into For Answer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND73xLnH000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I remember being in 8th grade and getting really excited for the Twilight Princess reveal at e3.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

mildly interesting fact: Michael Hogan voiced a character in TERA

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

ALERT ALERT ALERT

https://twitter.com/theyetee/status/1641643986925551616

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
octopath 2 down.

i liked it a lot.

the secret boss will have to wait.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Dredge is cool

i like fishing, i like inventory tetris, i like upgrading my boat. i'm sure all these extremely spooky horrors and ghosts and mutant fish and evil tentacles and robed cultists are totally fine and normal and cool and nothing bad will happen at all ever.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

My favorite E3 moment is the tech demo for Half Life 2 were the guy goes " if it looks like wood, it breaks like wood and floats like wood". Pure magic, must have watched that thing a billion times, scrutinizing every frame.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Replaying Breath of the Wild, I can understand why people don’t care for weapon durability, and I can’t exactly defend it as great or even something the game would unambiguously be worse off without, but I do like the feel it adds to the game of scrounging around for weapons to fight with, and even potentially be able to steal the enemy’s if they’re sleeping/partying and don’t notice you. It’s not surprising Tears of the Kingdom just decided to double down on the aspect of just scavenging for armaments and sometimes that’s a sick fire sword you killed a moblin for and sometimes it’s a rock on a stick, because the idea/vibe is pretty cool even if the actual implementation is a can of worms in its current pre-Tears iteration.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I can, and will, defend weapon durability in Breath of the Wild because it was one of the only ways to keep a level playing field as you got stronger and had the ability to chow down on dozens of full-heal truffle meals in the pause menu. Allowing creative preparation with one hand and forcing weapon variety through inventory scarcity with the other is, to me, the primary defining feature of the game and it would be lesser with either hand tied.

Slightly related: Hero Mode's regenerating health was an afterthought made at the final hour that I'm still surprised they never reneged on. Curious to see how TotK's Hero Mode changes, if at all.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Has anyone played Kings Bounty 2, physical copies are £5 on Amazon lol. I remember liking the earlier ones, maybe?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Weapons exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this Hero then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright? None I say! Let us take what is ours, chew and eat our fill.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I think botw would’ve been better without shield durability. Let me shield surf without feeling guilty

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Has anyone played Kings Bounty 2, physical copies are £5 on Amazon lol. I remember liking the earlier ones, maybe?

I loved the "newer" King's Bounty games (newer being relative at this point since the last of those is almost a decade old now welp) but King's Bounty 2 was made by different devs and felt pretty bland to me. It didn't seem terrible but in trying to make something safer than the previous games it lost a lot of what made those games interesting to me.

Srice fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Mar 31, 2023

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I'm into BotW now with a more positive mindset than I've ever had towards it, and weapon durability is like way at the bottom of my list of issues. It makes me try to figure out other ways to kill stuff (using the korok leaf to blow bokoblins off cliffs is fun) which is much more engaging than just doing melee combat all the time which isn't exactly a strong suit of the Zelda games anyway. My biggest complaint is the unvarying busywork associated with character progression. I'd be happy with one quarter as many shrines that are four times as big if they all gave you a full stat upgrade, or the current number of shrines but they all give you something different as a reward, or maybe let some of the Korok rewards be things other than slowly accumulating backpack upgrades. Or just let stat and storage upgrades also be floating out in the world where I can see them like in Ocarina of Time and the puzzle is to figure out how to get to it. Everyone talks poo poo about tiny incremental character upgrades in other games, but it doesn't get much more incremental than getting "nothing, yet" as a reward for almost everything you do.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Srice posted:

I loved the "newer" King's Bounty games (newer being relative at this point since the last of those is almost a decade old now welp) but King's Bounty 2 was made by different devs and felt pretty bland to me. It didn't seem terrible but in trying to make something safer than the previous games it lost a lot of what made those games interesting to me.

It's been so weird to see people talking about Kings Bounty, I feel like I've seen it in a few threads this last week. I don't know anything about these new ones, but I adored the original one on Mac back in the early 90s. I must have played a billion hours as a child. Memories!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Can't really disagree with this

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Disrespecting Rattata like that

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Disrespecting Rattata like that

Why he so angry

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

Why he so angry

Because he knows where he is in the tier list

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Rattata should be in the top percentage of pokerodents

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Solid list, imo Sentret should be B tier because Furret is a top tier cutie but that’s kinda biased/unfair.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

I think botw would’ve been better without shield durability. Let me shield surf without feeling guilty

Yes, this was the one spot where it was a system that only held you back from fun to no benefit or meaningful tradeoff.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Furret is v cute in Pokemon Snap so Sentret should be in S-tier imho

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sentret is not Furret

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Raticate is good. Super Fang to anyone who disagrees

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Help Im Alive posted:

Furret is v cute in Pokemon Snap so Sentret should be in S-tier imho

Jay Rust posted:

Sentret is not Furret

rox
Sep 7, 2016

furret and zigzagoon line(oone) ftmfw

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
LeChonk is not a rodent, but it is always an S tier Pokemon.

Sentret should be A tier.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Palmtree Panic posted:

LeChonk is not a rodent, but it is always an S tier Pokemon.

Sentret should be A tier.

If you wanna go there ferrets and weird raccoon-badger hybrids aren’t rodents either.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i know nobody cares about wild hearts but i think this monster looks really neat! and pretty :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgy-ZQKVplA

also we beyblade now

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

haha what posted:

furret and zigzagoon line(oone) ftmfw

There was a character in Ranma 1/2 who did that while interpreting the travel directions "just head straight and you're there". The road was curved without any forks in it, but he kept running on foot off the road tangent to the curve

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Mar 31, 2023

rox
Sep 7, 2016

https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1641551871256018944

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I like the angry side eye goomba.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
When they rerelease SMB2 they should really just go about adding in yoshi and other power ups to mix things up. Let Toad ride Yoshi, let peach float with him

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/elliottgray/status/1641646882396184576?t=V0Pmxr5oeevdmipxqD-Fjg&s=19

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Peggle TWO!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I resent the peggle two meme because i think it comes from a hateful place of, not knowing that peggle is good