Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

That has nothing to do with the food shortage, its just Jo Swinson starting her culinary career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

ItohRespectArmy posted:

thankfully democracy and the rule of law will put a stop to all this
We could defeat it in the Marketplace of Ideas©

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

It shows a lack of imagination that has utterly destroyed the British political class.

"gently caress off, its poo poo here" would be better.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Mega Comrade posted:

"ACAB!"

Now now don't be ridiculous, that's an awful statement to make

"Ok fine, 'the Met is institutionally racist, sexist and homophobic' "

Yeah that's better.

I'm glad we have a report to confirm the stuff I feel like we've had confirmed a thousand times already maybe this one will actually makenq difference.
I doubt it. The Daniel Morgan inquiry was equally damning of the Met and nothing changed there.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Diet Crack posted:

Why is this country obsessed with the most vile, shittiest chocolate item you can possibly get?

Wait, don't answer that - it's Britain.
What? No one in the UK is obsessed with Herseys

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Yes but the sentence "the most vile, shittiest chocolate item you can possibly get" can only apply to Hersheys. Just any Hersheys chocolate.

This island is poo poo, but the seppos made their land far worse, so they made their chocolate far worse.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Marmaduke! posted:

New comrade corbyn comedy routine just dropped

https://twitter.com/abcomedian/status/1638173350278352902

No I don't know if the idiocy on display is the joke either
Got a superb "this you?" here.

https://twitter.com/jrc1921/status/1638314066845351936?s=20

(and yes its definitely him, I've seen him live)

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

They didn't even mention the #1 quality of life advantage Germany has over the UK - Bratkartoffeln.
And kasespatzle

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Its just loving depressing that the weed smoke thing is clearly a non-issue but we're now guaranteed to see columnists turn it into an important national epidemic.

"Left-Wing Feral Youths Forcibly Exhale TURBO SKUNK Smoke to Undermine Property Prices" is the sort of tone we're going to be seeing soon.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Marx famously talked about ghosts being an issue in Europe so I'll go with him

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Until we directly face down the Trans Lobby and Boat People we'll never be able to reduce the cost of living in this country.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Its beautiful politics. It means Labour can never be accused of anti-Semitism or other, lesser forms of racism ever again. Logic dictates it.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

All cola tastes the same unless its flavoured or full sugar.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

smellmycheese posted:

Came in once a week for about 4 hours to do the dogs. Refuses point blank to ever do a second take - would storm off and walk out if asked. Smoked furiously inside the buildings (which was just allowed because no one wanted to upset him)
Horrible to everyone involved - I was told “this show isn’t about the dogs, it’s about keeping Paul happy”
How often did you discard the first take? He always seemed adorable with the dogs.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

smellmycheese posted:

Oh he genuinely liked dogs. Just hated humans. Which I suppose is fair enough
Sorry if he was a twat to you on that show, but you've just made me like him more.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Labour 2024 Manifesto
- National ID Cards. Will cost around £500bn and launch five years after its original launch date.
- A promise to do something about the environment and climate change.
- Lifetime ASBOs for climate change protesters
- Education, education, education. Labour will improve education funding by abolishing the limit on university fees.
- A better, more efficient way of deporting foreigners and Boat People to Rwanda.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I just love the predictable back and forth response to those ads. First they release them. Then they double down. Then they get worried that the thats going badly so they release some statements saying that Starmer never actually knew about them in the first place. Then they get worried about the indecision and double down again. Now we're going to swing back and someone specific is going to get blamed for this.

Its just funny how despite their lead they still look indecisive and weak, and its all for stupid poo poo like a completely unnecessary offensive advertising campaign when they're flying high in the polls. Its so stupid that I think it might be the starting point of a backlash against Starmer by the audience hes been trying to court.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I've got an Irish passport being processed so I can flee The British Regime.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Front line poster Brown Moses was cruelly struck down after a Russian dezinformatsia campaign on Something Awful, run by the Putin sympathiser Jeffrey of YOSPOS. Our boys in the North Atlantic Fellas Association will be hosting an online vigil later this evening to mourn this casualty.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I had a landlord that handed me a small document on the day I moved in which documented every issue that the place had along with pictures as proof, which we had to date and sign. When it was time to move out she claimed that these issues were actually caused by us and attempted to claim our deposit to cover the costs.

I had to have one of the strangest conversations in my life because of this, which degenerated in me repeatedly asking her on the phone if she is stupid, because she and I both signed a document literally spelling out that none of these issues were caused by us. She got nothing in the end obviously but that was my first experience with a lovely landlord and it was very satisfying telling her how easy she made things for me.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

smellmycheese posted:

Not gonna lie. Didn’t have “weird fish pie” on my “insane monarchist bullshit over the next week” list

Whats weird is they're apparently quite tasty.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Sounds a bit like Bob Mortimer's Barry Homeowner character ; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-eWYoegOOc

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Christopher Hitchens gets the benefit of the doubt because he was a talented writer and an atheist, but his post 9/11 writing is monstrously violent. Even the video of him being waterboarded is bullshit because prior to that he swallowed and parroted the line that it wasn't torture.

Both of the Hitchens brothers can gently caress off and no one should be fondly remembering the one that was actually good at writing.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Microplastics posted:

Not sure I follow this. How does that make the video bullshit? Because he changed his mind?
It was obviously torture. You don't need to undergo it to understand that its torture. Going through it and changing your mind on it doesn't suddenly forgive all of the times you said that its definitely not torture and we should be using it regularly against our enemy, the Muslim savages.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Had a short family holiday in Tenerife last year. After we got to the hotel and settled in I figured I'd pay for the first round.

I asked for the receipt because I thought I'd accidentally ripped them off. It was less than a third of what I would have paid in England.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

grobbo posted:

That feels particularly lovely because until she sadly passed away in 2019, Self's wife was a well-connected Guardian journalist and he presumably benefitted from that.
They had a particularly rough divorce in 2018. I think one of his kids posted that they no longer have any contact with him.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I left school in 2005 and there was a prom then. No idea if anyone took it seriously because I hated the place and never went.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

If Labour get elected I'm going to take bets on how long it takes for Dunt to post about how disappointing Starmer is as a PM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

He's already arguing that Starmer can't be expected to do anything good in his first term and that it all hinges on a second term, so they are just full-on cultists now where success will always be another term away and always being thwarted.
Thats totally the next logical step. If Starmer gets into power and starts implementing a platform thats further right than the Tories then come up with increasingly deranged ways to explain why its part of a multi-step progressive plan, you just don't understand it because you're not on his level.