Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

All this global trade is clearly the root of our problems, we should go back to the good old days where we were ruled by people like me our betters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

bessantj posted:

If they want to get rid of pedos they could probably look at their nazi friends.

That's what the Nazis are doing, they're projecting onto the wall across the way.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I was on holiday in Düsseldorf in Germany last week with my sister. On the day we got there, after not having slept much (driving to airport, short early morning flight, getting situated at the hotel), I was standing in front of a beautiful old church when I heard the warning tone come from my phone, as well as the phones of other people in the square. I look at my phone and see EMERGENCY ALERT followed by a German warning that I am not quite advanced enough to translate. My sister is asking me where we should go next while I'm frantically trying to translate this message, when the city warning siren starts going off. At this point I'm convinced that we're about to be consumed in fire from the skies and my brain shuts down completely. A minute later the alert message service must have realised I was on an English phone and sent the translated emergency alert, that said it was a test and there was no danger. :suicide:

If I'd been in less of a panic I would have recognised the "kein gefähr" in the message, which I know means "no danger", and I would have seen the people around me calmly going about their day while the sirens sounded. But unfortunately I have watched Threads at least once in my life and so my brain is now completely ruined.

Don't think I want emergency alerts on my phone in the UK, thanks, I want to be oblivious when it happens!

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I switched from Virgin Media to Zen a month ago :smuggo:

and had to have them carefully explain to me where my fibre point was in my house and what it looked like so I could plug my new router in

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I'm probably going to be curled up in the fetal position and thinking about asking my GP for anxiety medication

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Windsorer schnitzel

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

big scary monsters posted:

Horse riders never pick up after their animals when they poo poo on public paths and for that reason I'm afraid it's :guillotine: all round.

Horse riders shouldn't be making GBS threads on public paths in the first place :guillotine:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

loving state of journalism in this country, they haven't even gone out and measured it

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

William Bear posted:

Isn't it funny that some names from the Bible are still used today, but others aren't? There are lots of people named Nathan (like the prophet mentioned in Handel immediately afterwards), but I've never met someone named Zadok.

We should commit to naming kids Zadok, Mephibosheth, and Abimelech.

Zad or Dok, Meff or Bosh, Abi or Mel

Doesn't seem like that much of a leap if you're a 2000AD character

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

SpicePro posted:

BBQ flavour Pringles are lovely but they suddenly made them no longer vegan as of last year and I am QUITE upset by this :(

Nights in at my friends' houses have become "we bought one of every type of crisps from the shop, you can work out which ones are vegan and eat them and we'll eat the rest"

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Lord of the Llamas posted:

I would like to follow more UKMT comrades on twitter is there a list?

Nice try, pig

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Jedit posted:

That high whooshing sound was not a Spitfire, moi droog.

No it was a Hurricane :reject:

Source: I didn't fight two world wars

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Ein tausend jahre Reich Shining Beacon

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

This year, to raise money for Testicular Cancer Research, I'm doing a sponsored

Guavanaut posted:

Charity Nutt

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I think if I had a situation where I could have a phased transition from working to not working with enough money to support myself at the end of it, I would be able to manage that eventually. But any time I don't have something to occupy myself with I fall off a cliff into depression. More often that not on Sunday evenings I am in a quantum superposition of both looking forward to and dreading Monday morning.

The last term I was unemployed for more than a few months, which was for about a year with a few part time jobs, that was the first time I felt suicidal. Hell, I was unemployed for a few months after moving to Leeds from the countryside, and by the end of that I felt terrible. It's not even that I enjoy work especially.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Angepain posted:

Imagine being paid to say in your newspaper column that you think the country is on the brink of woke takeover. How the gently caress

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Was very disappointed by those armoured cars

No pintle mount MG or driver's periscopes anywhere :reject:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

One brand of fabric we use in the prosthetics clinic I work in comes in different colours to match different skin tones. The darkest tone is still referred to as 'negroid' on our EMS. The earliest data uploaded to our current EMS was 2015. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I can excuse white supremacy and neoliberalism, but I draw the line at supporting Brexit