Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

His Divine Shadow posted:

Oh. Spring starts in March for you guys.

Spring starts when the first snowdrops and daffodils appear (so mid feb).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
How much of the England in permanent water shortage is due to most of the water capacity being leaked out of antiquated infrastructure which the privatised water companies have never bothered their arse to update/fix?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
A world without England finally an optimistic view of the near future.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
UKMT : These blokes get it

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
The Shadow Cabinet in Waiting (because kier will definitely eat a bowl of poo poo when the election eventually comes around).

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Guavanaut posted:

I'm 99% sure that Barry in Four Lions is supposed to be a parody of David Wulstan Myatt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XT8Re4r_ig

Which goes a way to explaining why he's so ready to bomb a mosque to 'radicalize the moderates', being a neo-nazi conspiracy oval office wearing Muslim vibes more than a Muslim.

Is he the BNP guy who accidentally converted himself to Islam through extensive study of the Koran in order to better troll Muslims?

Pretty sure Morris cited him as a direct inspiration for Barry.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Clegg at least apologies for his outrageous lies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUDjRZ30SNo

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Kill All Cops posted:

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for going green but it's a bunch of costly initiatives at once, such as the Dundee eBikes which went bust recently, deposit return scheme, banning none electrics by 2030, etc. It just makes everyone mad about Scotgov and will cause em to vote for other parties instead. Much like APB by Realtime Worlds, some things are just too ahead of the times

The Glasgow bike scheme has been pretty successful, deposit return should have been done years ago (and the UK Gov will probably announce their own scheme soon) and oil needs to stay underground because of the coming eternal summer.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Leaving the EU so we can bring back hot lightbulbs.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

The spice must flow

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Like to see him wriggle his way out of this jam.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
When low energy bulbs first came out they were poo poo, and were really dim and had to like gradually get brighter. Now we have the technology to have low energy bulbs that are normal but old boomers still think they're like they were in the 90s.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I used Chat GPT last night to teach me how to write a bash script that automatically backs up my home directory every evening into a compressed archive and saves it to a networked hard drive. Chat GPT is good for that, but even then it got some things wrong that I had to go back and troubleshoot myself.

I don't want it replacing my doctor.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Fan of a Fritz Cola myself.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Still fighting the battle against sex education I see.

2 girls in my high school first year got pregnant, they would have been around 13 or pushing 14 at most. But sure let's not talk to kids about the thing that some are definitely already doing.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Never went to the toilets once in school, too hosed up a situation in there.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Guy in my work hosed off back to mainland Europe for 3 months and worked remotely, but he was told to come back once they found out and ended up just quitting.

It was less of a ballache before that whole 2016 thing as I had friends who would be based in Dublin for work but be resident in Glasgow and commute in for days when they were required in the office.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

Can anyone pinpoint the time at which the Labour party were subsumed into the tories?

I was Tony Blair op.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Glad to see that the English are finally getting on board with the widespread opinion held in Scotland, Wales, Ireland, and France that England is a cursed forsaken land.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Why do they need to ban WhatsApp again? I thought all 5 eyes intel basically had backdoor access to everything anyway?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/andrewlearmonth/status/1634144082078334977?s=19

An Englishman is visiting, better get the cold deep fried food out and make him eat it like the dog he is.

Make starmer eat a munch box and a 2 litre of bru, then maybe I'll consider voting for him (aside - i won't).

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Stanley Johnson, when did you stop beating your wife?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Assumed that Wes Streeting post was a photoshop, nope actually real. Rip to the Praxis cast team who will inevitably have to read it.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Puntification posted:

Who is the market for this?

Cunts

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Ian Austin's eyebrows raise.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Cancelled by the woke mob

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

The Perfect Element posted:

Love how Labour's core press strategy is 'avoid upsetting racists at all costs'.

Always has been

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Scotland should just leave the UK imo.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I always get Burchill and Bindel confused. Both terrible Julies.

If the Julie be Burchill, your pants they be poo poo filled.

If the Julie be Bindel oh buddy ooft.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

You know who else had concentration camps lady?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
My mum claims to have regularly seen the ghost of a woman sitting on the stairs of her old house.

Pretty sure she was experiencing some form of psychosis at the time brought on by pregnancy.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
It would've been my older sister if anything.

She also claims to have hallucinated legless sausage dogs climbing the walls when she was pregnant with my sister.

I assume they used to give pregnant women some wild rear end drugs in the 60s and 70s.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

fuctifino posted:

I don't believe in ghosts, at least in the conventional sense... but I have an unexplained 'thing' on a 35mm photo in my possession from 2005

It's from a roll of film that a filmmaker friend and a hired photographer took over the space of an hour to set up location shots at the boathouse at Radford Lake for the eventual shoot. All of the photos are normal apart from this frame:

Zoom

Enhance.

He said nobody could have walked into the shot without him or the photographer noticing. I even went to the location myself to try to work out a logical explanation, and there isn't one.

He got really spooked by this picture, and it took a lot of persuasion to stop him burning the prints and negatives as he had a lot of superstitious beliefs. In the end I made it a condition of me providing a film score for one of his finished short movies (which I was going to do for him free in any case).

There is a famous legend of a ghost called the 'White Lady' at the lake, and the nearest road is actually called 'White Lady Road'.

I have no explanations but it makes for a nice picture on the wall. I still have the negatives too.

That ghost looks like he's going taps aff.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Jeremy Corbyn would probably have wanted to nationalise ghosts that poo poo that he is.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Rational me: Ghosts aren't real

Also me: Oh a 60 minute youtube compilation with spooky encounters during urban exploration sure I'll click that.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Fairies are real, don't make them angry. They'll sour your cows milk and steal your baby.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I was staying in a hotel for work a few years back, and the room they assigned me was off the main building in some old farmers cottages. Maybe it was a dream but I'm sure I woke up in the night and could hear the shower in the bathroom running it was pretty freaky so I ignored it and tried to get to sleep, assuring myself that it was probably just the bathroom in the room next door.

Mentioned it to reception staff the morning after, and they were like "oh yeah that bit of the building is haunted, there's always weird stuff getting reported by guests".

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Failed Imagineer posted:

I honestly wonder if Charles was caught sneaking into the morgues with Savile if that would be enough to end the royals, or even his personal reign

The Spectator : In Defence of Jimmy Savile - Fraser Nelson

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Unironically ban WhatsApp from MP mobiles, since it seems to be the primary method the cunts have of communicating stuff to each other and the press without it being logged anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
If there really is a national security risk posed by apps and hardware potentially under the control of hostile foreign governments, then they really should lock that poo poo down for MPs, Civil Service, Armed Forces etc.

Potential new UK communications boom incoming with British made smart phones and laptops running their own heavily modified versions of Android/BSD or whatever. If we're going to wall ourselves up like North Korea then we might as well start controlling our own tech.

Plus it would be hilarious seeing oval office MPs having to deal with shoddy Brit made garbage, give them all BBC Micros and Raspberry Pi's.

keep punching joe fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Mar 16, 2023