Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

whats that mean and why do the most annoying guys on the internet always say it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

it means im allowed to buy the Harry Potter game and no one can get mad at me for it

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i bought taht game for everyone in the video games thread

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

whats that mean and why do the most annoying guys on the internet always say it?

idk, why do YOU always say it?

hehehehe

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

A little man by the name of Erwin marks said it, OP. Show him some respect

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

AnimeIsTrash posted:

It means that customer choice isn't gonna make things better.

It's not an excuse to buy HitlerCorp's 3rd world baby oil, now with 12% more orphan content.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

what

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
It means they believe in ethics and that's why they're annoying

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Its just.. do whatever you want.. do what you feel. Tomorrow's a new day so make it count. Its all good baby.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

it means professor fig dies in every ending op

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I'm voting with my wallet!

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

It means that everything you consume relies on the exploitation of some marginalized group, so it's literally impossible to be ethical under capitalism unless you're divorced yourself entirely from the system by living in the woods, but even then capitalism basically seized those woods from indigenous people so you can't win.

Then it goes full "nothing matters" so people take it to the extreme saying if there is no ethical consumption then I will consume everything because there is no difference, ignoring matters of degrees. Basically the same logic that says if it's not ethical to drop a bomb on a town during a war then I might as well nuke two cities.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

whats wrong with nuking cities

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

It suppresses corporate profits by destroying infrastructure and reducing the total workforce available for labor

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

https://twitter.com/Simpsons_tweets/status/1625995117688414211?t=Rlqh28sJtQqepm5xBkLa7g&s=19

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

AnimeIsTrash posted:

whats wrong with nuking cities
The problem is inequity with nuke distribution, every city, town and village deserves at least one.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

give the working class a nuke imo

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

AnimeIsTrash posted:

two, so they can sell one and keep the other

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
they're letting you know theyre on the same page/a good guy

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
to be clear not a real good guy but somebody whose annoying

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica
consumption itself is ethical under capitalism

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Janitor Ludwich IV you okay my brother?

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

AnimeIsTrash posted:

isnt this the plot of MGSV?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Tom Tucker posted:

It means that everything you consume relies on the exploitation of some marginalized group, so it's literally impossible to be ethical under capitalism unless you're divorced yourself entirely from the system by living in the woods, but even then capitalism basically seized those woods from indigenous people so you can't win.

Then it goes full "nothing matters" so people take it to the extreme saying if there is no ethical consumption then I will consume everything because there is no difference, ignoring matters of degrees. Basically the same logic that says if it's not ethical to drop a bomb on a town during a war then I might as well nuke two cities.

thats not the direction it always takes. its like saying "look i love america, but" and then their actual opinion. its saying your on the same common ground (knowing the word capitalism)

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

are you banned from all the other threads

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
good enough for government work

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
it is what it is

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Oglethorpe posted:

wjat

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
It means you can eat Popeyes but not chick-fil-a (anti-lgbtq) or KFC (Chinese food)

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Would like to take a moment and say to the person on the av-buying spree: What the fuck is wrong with you? Fucking disagreeing on the wording of polling questions means that I support Israel murdering people in Gaza? And somehow despite caring enough to plaster that fucking pic

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

All my stuff is ethically produced by disadvantaged women prison labour gaining useful life skills

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lumpentroll posted:

what

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Colonel Cancer posted:

All my stuff is ethically produced by disadvantaged women prison labour gaining useful life skills

nice. i jsut get it from walmart

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
I love unethical consumption

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
theres no - ok a thing but not

ethical - Jesus that’s a mouthful let’s come back with the power of context clues

consumption - seriously are you for real with this? two in a row. gently caress you

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Consumption just means tuberculosis, so there's no ethical way to get tuberculosis under capitalism. Duh.

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Janitor Ludwich IV you okay my brother?

last time i saw him he had a sour puss

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

posting in a sooon-t-be-closed thread...

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

really queer Christmas posted:

A little man by the name of Erwin marks said it, OP. Show him some respect

No it was Sonic the hedgehog.

Tom Tucker posted:

Can't you just eat garbage? IMO it's only bad if it encourages exploitation. The morality of an action is based on it's likely consequences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

I do my grocery shopping at a unionized supermarket so my consumption is all ethical, actually