Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I'm lowkey disappointed this month's thread didn't begin with an autoban.

Current events: I'm basically trapped in a little California mountain valley. The two mountain passes are snowed in, and the terrible little windy road down the river had a bigass rock fall and shut it down last night.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if some graboids appeared, honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Have you got a basement full of guns

I do not, which poses a bit of a problem.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Who is grimes and who broke up with him?

Grimes is Musks ex and baby mama, of the kid with characters in their name that I wouldn't even know where to find in my phone's keyboard.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Platystemon posted:

lol that you think that this uniquely identifies the kid

There is an awfully low ceiling to the number of fucks I give about rich folk and their kids, tbh.

Other than acknowledging that Musk is a gross quiverfull breeder kind of guy.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

BugsBunnySawingOffFlorida.gif

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

How does he think this works, as he parades through the halls of Twitter HQ some programmer tired of sleeping in a meeting room pulls a Sadat on him and thus gets to take over the company by right of conquest?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

bulletsponge13 posted:

In fairness, so far, he has demonstrated no competence in literacy.

Oh I get why most of his responses are single words/emojis now

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

https://twitter.com/RishiSunak/status/1633158789103747072

Hmm

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

brains posted:

the number of rakes this man has stepped on is beyond belief

He's got to be approaching some kind of record

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Oh cause he's a great-grandfather he can't be a creep?

Or are they saying this kid is his great grandson and he's a super creep?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

not caring here posted:

Need to start a fine opium tea house instead. Keep it classy. But still insufferable.

The Sherlock cosplayers will handle the insufferability for you.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

One payroll company did run into issues sending out checks due to it, but they scrambled and should have everything out by Monday. Sucks for those who were counting on having money hit their accounts today, though.

Arrath fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Mar 11, 2023

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Time for Oregon and Washington wineries to make their move.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Oh go gently caress yourself

Can we for once turn all these economic gains into something for us little people? No, ever faster and smaller smartphones, and bigger and cheaper tvs don't count.

"Well see you live longer, thus it wouldn't be fair for you to spend a smaller proportion of your life nose to the grindstone as a wage slave than grandpappy did"

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

A bunch of coal rollers will be very disappointed they can't rev the piss out of their rattley cummins when it's tied to a generator and only has "Low" and "High" as the running conditions.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I had to get a bigger toaster to fit the fancy artisanal sourdough I buy, you'll take my gigantic sandwiches from my cold dead hands.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

FrozenVent posted:

Post the report.

Someone got mad at pantslesswithwolves' S-tier snipe, didn't they. :allears:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Goddamn

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Lol whoa, I’ve wondered with those big stacks of gold what would prevent some of the bars in the center of the stacks from being replaced with lookalikes. Kinda assume that does happen and is hushed up or not found, as so much money to be made it’s gonna happen, like sports being rigged when billions are on the line.

Me, playing jenga with pallets of gold bricks to see when they finally notice some are missing.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Tiny Timbs posted:

Every once in a while I think about the absolute balls on the jeopardy producer for making himself the new host

It's always the dumbest people that are imbued with such unflappable self confidence

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Grip it and rip it posted:

Less political violence plz kthnx. We don't need any reason for all the slob fascists in this country to get any more riled up than they already are.

Not violence, just enough protesting rowdiness that gets the boot they love to lick turned against them.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/TristanSnell/status/1638358836628127746?t=CBPe-mxgyIYOlbiQDR3xew&s=19

Uh.

Do I go ahead and put $5 on "Donnie sold secrets to Russia along with a Valentine's Day card so Vlad would like him"?

Could it be something as simple as the Judges being wise to the Trump team's tactics of using motions and procedural crap to drag things out as long as humanly possible (and, typically, submitting legal gibberish when it comes time) and they're having none of it?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Grip it and rip it posted:

No. Even if they felt the motion was meritless they'd still most likely give it a complete shake given the composition of the SCOTUS and the magnitude of the process at hand.

This case is one for the history books, without a doubt. You wouldn't want anyone saying it was conducted with anything less than absolute adhesion to the process and standards of the system.

Fair, I guess I just want a judge to be so finally, utterly tired of the poo poo that the legal team puts forth. And basically go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Soylent Pudding posted:

Scalia (rot in piss) straight up said that that constitutionally speaking actual innocence isn't constitutional grounds to overturn a conviction achieved through due process.

A statement which should cause violent reactions in reasonable people. Like, what the gently caress. "The process was followed so the truth doesn't matter!"

But yeah. While I may personally think there is a narrow set of crimes for which the death penalty may be a reasonable sentence, as long as there is the potential for a single innocent person to be executed, I can't support it.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

The existence of a Tiny Tim Frog firmly established the fact that Kermit Frog fucks.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/03/23/new-starbucks-ceo-says-hell-work-a-shift-at-its-cafes-once-a-month.html

New CEO of Starbucks says he'll pull a not-so-undercover boss and work a half shift as a barista once a month.

It might be more impactful if he took a barista's pay for a month now and then, but maybe at least they'll publicise when he will work a shift so a flash mob can descend and order a big pile of 19-ingredient "secret menu" monstrosities at once?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Zamujasa posted:

so jaded my first thought is "now that i've worked 4 hours in their shoes i am qualified to say their current pay and benefits level is adequate and will not be improved and perhaps are even too generous"

It would be far too much of a Hallmark Movie Moment for him to realize "wow this sucks poo poo and the customers are often rude assholes. All these line workers need a raise!"

But it's not as if he'll take shifts on Black Friday or hell even during an average morning rush, so you're probably on the money.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Serjeant Buzfuz posted:

You may have heard of times that companies have resisted government requests/instructions but you haven't heard of all the times they acquiesced.

FISA court being all secretive and poo poo doesn't exactly help

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

You gotta be loving kidding me, right?

Well, no, but obviously I'm misremembering some facts. Please by all means, correct me. I'd rather have it right next time!

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

All Flash castings should be absolute nobodies (which maybe miller was when initially cast, I'd never heard of the weirdo) in keeping with the energy from that JLU brainswap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bfBhIM5tb4

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Tiny Timbs posted:

Yeah. Straight-up professional. "Cops did a good job taking out a child-murdering active shooter" is still a horrifying sentence to exist in our society but this could not be more unlike Uvalde.

Oh absolutely agreed.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

My parents always got a live one in a pot from a nursery, kept it very studiously watered, and then we'd get to dig a hole in the rain/snow a few days after Christmas.

My folks do have a bunch of very healthy trees throughout the property now, so it seems to have worked.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

fknlo posted:

None of that actually matters. It’s red meat for a frothing mad voting base.

"Woke Mouse defies will of duly elected Right Wing government*" seems like it would play well

*ignoring that we are the party of small government for a moment

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Looks like two Blackhawks collided on a training flight in Kentucky.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Holy gently caress

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

I haven't had to use cash since 2007 because :sweden:

If this is about luck, y'all must have angered something with a vengeance

I think OP specifically means using eg venmo to pay your dealer.

I know people that do this and, like, sure you're small fish but why lay a paper trail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Well that's worth cracking a beer over.