Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56vtZsQgAF0

We always ask where is the missile going

but never ask how is the missile doing

orange juche fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Mar 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

this isn't a deepfake this is real audio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0QxuL7StOM

orange juche fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Mar 2, 2023

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Godholio posted:

This really surprised me.

Where is this? I've been staying out of news squabbles, and the idea of Rupert Murdock getting upset at fox news is amusing to me.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

facialimpediment posted:

Rather than link something, here are the basics. Rupert Murdoch is in charge of 21st Century Fox (Big Fox), that has the subsidiary of Fox News. Lachlan Murdoch is in charge of Fox News.

Rupert Murdoch is trying to underbus Fox News and his son Lachlan in a deposition because Dominion is suing both 21st Century Fox and Fox News. Dominion is suing both because they want access to both Fox News's money (a lot) and 21st Century Fox's money (a whole loving gigantic shitpile lot). The Dominion theory of the case is that both are responsible for defaming Dominion with all the Fox News lies.

Would you rather sue Wal-Mart Store #4325 for compensatory and punitive damages? Or would you rather sue Walmart Inc for compensatory and punitive damages? One organization has a whoooooooole lot more money for court judgments.

So Murdoch's failson got daddy in trouble basically, and Rupert is like "gently caress you you idiot crotchspawn"

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

bulletsponge13 posted:

Isn't 21st owned by Disney now?

No, the movie side got sold to disney i believe, but 21st Century Fox still exists, for TV stuff like the simpsons I guess

e: whoops, 21st century fox (movie house) got sold, Fox still exists for TV poo poo

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

facialimpediment posted:

Yeah it's a loving wreck of nonsense that I started a post on and gave up as I confused myself. So it's more that Lachlan was way more exposed that Rupert, and Fox News was always Rupert's baby. Also, apparently the rest of the family hates the right-wing poo poo and Lachlan's all-in:

https://www.businessinsider.com/lachlan-murdoch-son-rupert-fox-news-host-trump-criticism-lawsuit-2023-2

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2022/oct/31/rupert-murdoch-successor-news-corp-paddy-manning-book

gently caress america for making this family bullshit a problem and giving Rupert any control over our lives

and australia too

Amazing poo poo is that since this case will get zero airtime on conservative networks, the fact that Fox News et al are bald faced liars will get no traction in the conservative information bubble.

E:

https://twitter.com/Browtweaten/status/1631004274439192593?s=20

a butterfly flaps its wings

orange juche fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Mar 2, 2023

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Posts 2-31 are just *bang*

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

golden bubble posted:

Don't forget his home secretary (for Americans it's kinda but not quite like a combination of the heads of Justice, the Interior, and Homeland Security all in one) is Suella Braverman. Despite being the daughter of a couple that immigrated from India to the UK, she is more pro-British Empire than most brits, and she has been very open in saying the British Raj did nothing wrong. As you can probably guess, she is also incredibly xenophobic.

Crab bucket mentality is a hell of a thing

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CainFortea posted:

Only if she says british curry is the best curry

:barf:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Fun thing is the ball is entirely in Halli's court, he could 100% just walk and collect 100M dollars.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

FrozenVent posted:

There’s no way Elon never at least lurked the forums.

Too bad he never learned how to post.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Biden could just do it anyway, right?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txZRYMBfy_I

Current event: Steezus Christ shredded for our sins

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

A.o.D. posted:

My bones liquefied just looking at this.

I have a burning need to play Skate 3 again after watching that tbh.

The double Christ Air right as Eddie Vedder broke out into the main chorus was great

Book of Zephyr 2:4 posted:

God had created Axle and Evelyn, the first skaters. He instructed them to learn the way of the board and told them he would give them all of the grip tape, tools, and bearings they would need. He created for them a beautiful park that stretched for miles with anything a skater could want. One day, as Evelyn was practicing her varials, Satan approached her in the form of a scooter, and told her that she didn’t have to learn the way of the board, and simply could carry it around to look like a skater. She told Axle about this, and Axle soon followed suit, and both of them stopped practicing entirely. God noticed that they had strayed from the path and punished them by banishing them from the park and labeling them as posers.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Mar 10, 2023

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

pmchem posted:

Well, I'd like to see ol Donny Trump wriggle his way out of THIS jam!
*Trump wriggles his way out of the jam easily*
Ah! Well. Nevertheless,

Pretty much, I'm pretty sure if he somehow seriously makes a run at the Presidency though he will get tossed out on his face, because he has years and years of ready written attack ads against him at this point. (He's absolutely going to split the Republican party in 2024 lol)

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Isn't yang the VC dude who was running for president

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

M_Gargantua posted:

There are two sorts of magic Doritos in the world: Opamps and Rotary Engines.

One is glorious and the other is black magic.

I agree rotary engines are glorious

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

bulletsponge13 posted:

You idiots are still talking about boats, when the future is throwing really high in the air, letting rhetoric earth spin, and drop in on the destination.
Bing Bong, Future ringing.

Get the coordinates wrong or have a failure of your airbrake and parachute system, and your Amazon package delivery doesn't land on your porch, it obliterates your house.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

maffew buildings posted:

reporting posts, much like using the ignore button, is the cowards way

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt8uLveDY24

look at brian david gilbert discover spam musubi, and also, soup pizza

orange juche fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Mar 15, 2023

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Lindsey Graham is just a dumbass chickenhawk but of course idiots will listen to him

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Notahippie posted:

Do idiots even listen to him? I get the impression he's more like a poo poo magnifier, he manages to figure out which way the turds are flowing and publicly announces how he thought of it first.

I didn't say how many idiots, probably low single digits, honestly.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh5vb9IVAZU

Someone who does plane flying tell me how splattered on the ground a little bug in a Cessna would be if they flew into an area that was specifically declared as a Warning Area to ATC?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

MrYenko posted:

You can proceed through a MoA when operating under VFR. It’s not recommended, but it’s perfectly legal. Legal doesn’t make it smart though.

Remember kids, MoAs exist to protect you from military aircraft that may be head-down and doing mission-related things. Restricted/Warning areas exist to protect you from less friendly things like mortars, missiles, and artillery.

For some reason "perfectly legal" reminds me of the car batteries into the ocean thing. Auto Zone doesn't want you to engage in this cheap and legal thrill.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I'm on boat internet right now so I can't watch the video, but if it's actually a Warning Area, it's not that big a deal. Warning Areas/MOAs can be loving huge, and for overland ones it's not uncommon for civil traffic to transit through them. It just means any military aircraft using the area have to be extra diligent about avoiding them. Restricted areas are much smaller and a bigger deal if you violate them.

I mean, it's not a good idea, but they aren't going to shoot you down for it

Judging by the content of the conversation between the ATC and the pilot, ATC was directed by the military to order anyone approaching the area to divert, because the airspace was in use by the military. The pilot challenged it saying "Well its legal to go through an MOA" and the ATC said "If you go there, you will meet some new friends, and you're not going to like your new friends".

Sounds more like the area was a restricted area vs just a MOA.

And as far as shoot down, I imagine it would depend on exactly what the restricted area was around. If it was a plane intentionally approaching an area where AF1 had just landed and POTUS was on the tarmac or on the plane or whatever, and they refused warnings, they'd probably be authorized to shoot down the aircraft within a certain radius. Stupid games/stupid prizes. If the RA is a live fire training exercise on the ground or the airspace above it, you'd probably get diverted out of the area/forced to land for disregarding warnings.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Mar 16, 2023

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kesper North posted:

Law enforcement leverages data obtained from social media all the time, one recent example is using Twitter and Facebook post and client location data to identify and prosecute people who attended J6.

They did the same thing with George Floyd protestors, only a lot more enthusiastically. Likewise the Stop Cop City protestors. USCBP also does this, as do state Intelligence Fusion Centers. Your state's Fusion Center has the capability to draw a circle on a map and have Twitter display tweets from everyone in its radius, this is how they track protest coordination. They buy that capability as a product from Twitter. There's something similar for Facebook.

Two Finger is from and lives in NZ, and I'm pretty sure there are more legal protections guarding NZ citizens from their own government.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Yuuuge SOF Marine energy

Also very gracious of her to not completely call him on his bullshit, because most vets would have I think.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Mar 26, 2023

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

She's by no means a good person, she's huge into the election denial poo poo, it's just funny to see a meal team six dude run into an actual vet and the awkwardness that results.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

That seems pretty huge but with all that's going on it might just be a drop in the ocean lol. I hope we skip the real craziness, I'd like to stop living in interesting times

Mr. Bones doesn't give a gently caress about how you feel about his wild ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Turd Burglar Josh Hawley wants the shooting investigated as a hate crime against the most persecuted group in the world, Christians.