Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Who is grimes and who broke up with him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I’m a modafanil man myself.

It’s a great drug.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Crusty Minge and I were getting higher than the stratosphere years back and he taught me “Boss makes a dollar, I make a dime, that’s why I poo poo on company time.” and I literally haven’t stopped thinking about it ever since.

Literally lol’ing in real life.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I think Musk is probably worried about his Middle Eastern backers in this venture whacking him more than a Twitter dork.

Dude evaporated billions, and loving billions, of their money. Never mind his own!

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Indian British Ted Cruz just slide decking slavery.

:thumbsup:

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

The undiscovered country is the future though, something low tax will never be a part of

Fatality!

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Dude… we were one step removed from stormfront.org or 4chan with a $10 entry fee for a long time.

This was where young terminally online folks went back in the day. Just because the community is much more respectable now, he’d have been buying SOMETHING AWFUL. Honestly buying it with funny money crypto gains and hiding your true identity is the way to go.

I respect the Jeffrey approach. It ain’t perfect but it more or less works for SA and the user experience and community hasn’t degraded at all IMO since he bought it.

Not perfect, but still very good. Especially when you consider the old days.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I’ve read some interesting takes that what we’re seeing as inflation now could be even more accelerated inflation as a result of generationally long money printing.

I only took the basic economics course needed for gen ed, so I’m in no way an expert here… But there is precedent. Not recent U.S. precedent but recent other national precedents.

My big take away is we absolutely do not want this war the hawks are going on about with the PRC to happen. If you want to see 100% of everything go to gently caress faster than you can say “Reds over the Rhein!” In 1989 then let hostilities commence between the PRC and the U.S. and it’s Allie’s.

Holy gently caress that would be awful.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Crusty and I had a brief convo the other day and he said something I agree with “Trump is a side show, DeSantis is the real threat” and that poo poo been on my mind since.

I do not want Ivy League Florida MAGA as POTUS.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I assume the simulations servers started having errors as Trump came down that goddamned escalator.

Somebody reboot the server pls.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Crab Dad posted:

I think that only applied to black people in California.

No that doesn’t make it any better.

Old school racism giveth (Gun control in California) and old school racism taketh (Gun control in California).

Oh, old school racism… You scamp! I’m sure you are smiling but I can’t see through bed sheets like that.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Arrath posted:

FISA court being all secretive and poo poo doesn't exactly help

You gotta be loving kidding me, right?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Arrath posted:

Well, no, but obviously I'm misremembering some facts. Please by all means, correct me. I'd rather have it right next time!

Who do you think the targets of FISA warrants are? And why do you want their surveillance warrants to be anything close to open and public?

Do you even know why we have the FISA courts? Do you think it was a G.W. Bush, Post 9/11 thing?

Teddy Kennedy was it’s big humper and loving Jimmy Carter signed it into law. FISA is so we don’t have a COINTELPRO (Actually several loving amendments to the constitution and the constitution as originally written should prevent COINTELPRO type poo poo from happening but just like it’s some times “boops all crunch berries!” sometimes it’s “ooops all fascists!” with some of the key players in the USG. But I digress..) type poo poo happen again.

Dude, it’s the brakes, not the gas, on mass surveillance and Intel fuckery. It ain’t perfect, and in 2001, much like 2016 we got the “ooops all fascists!” (Except for JON “BIG DICK NO APPENDIX “ ASHCROFT from a loving surgical recovery ward)

It’s not an inherently bad system, in fact it takes a confluence of assholes, world and national events, and old school politics for it to go from something good to something bad (looking at you STELLAR WIND predecessors and successors. And the NSA broadly from 2001-2007) and this is true of 100% of all USG programs.

You want to rail against the hosed Supreme Court, Legislative Bodies, and various Fed’s in the Executive’s purview.

Now I won’t try to defend the court by the public numbers, and truthfully I don’t know if there are other non public numbers but my intuition tells there are. No idea where those fell but my guess is 99%+ approvals. So yeah, that’s not where I’m coming from.

FISA, as chartered and originally authorized, was a good thing.

Everything. And I mean everything, went to gently caress after 9/11. It’s gonna take time to unfuck these things, and I’m told progress has been made, but we 100% bypass FISA by using FIVEYES agreements.

That’s an even larger tragedy than what Bush, Cheney, and Rehnquist and his goofy stripes did to FISA and it’s been a thing since the CSS was founded. Look up how long ago that was.

gently caress all Intel, but we need them. (To stay in their SCIF’s and never try to be part of normal society again)

LtCol J. Krusinski fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Mar 24, 2023

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

My man, it makes them exceptionally more properly democratic in the world of democracy.

It’s just an “Ooops! All fascists!” edition.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Cugel the Clever posted:

Alright, so not tankies, just stubbornly shortsighted.

On one side, you've got a deeply flawed democracy where there are nominally rules in place to protect citizens' privacy. Sometimes those rules work, but motivated actors in the intelligence and policing communities push constantly at the boundaries, resulting in grave problems that require fixing. Citizens have the ability to demand accountability and oversight, which is occasionally heeded by their elected officials, resulting in this cycle of waxing and waning levels of abusive surveillance. It's never really been at a "good" spot, but there are real mechanisms in place that imperfectly mitigate harm.

On the other side, you've got a rising authoritarian power pursuing all avenues available to it to regain the status of its predecessor states. Prime among these avenues is undermining its chief rivals. Citizens daring to voice an iota of criticism are either forced to undergo a process of public shaming to deter others or are outright disappeared. You, as a citizen of a foreign state beyond the direct control of the autocrat, are a potential target for passive opinion shaping or active blackmail. You may benefit from a relative insignificance that keeps you from being a direct target of any machinations, but that's poor comfort.

It's all too easy to steep in all the awful abuses and violations perpetrated in the United States and numbly say, "Wow, it can't possibly get worse than this." But it can. It so, so, so can. Recognition of this doesn't diminish the fight we face for our privacy at home. If anything, it should empower our struggle by providing a crystal clear example of the horrors that lie down the road to unfreedom. I get the desire to voice frustration with the domestic situation, but there are better ways to do it than by vocally poohpoohing other real risks.

Just loving lol @ what I bolded.

And we went from the waxing/waning bipolar cycle of surveillance and privacy to a full fledged loving schizophrenic cycle of surveillance and privacy. Like, pre 9/11. TSP seemed like a fever dream in 1999. It’s a series of cloud based apps in 2023.

We refuse to properly secure and protect our citizens data collectively because :capitalism:. Not because of some noble balance or struggle of ideology.

In other words:

Smart Sons of Abraham posted:

עקוב אחר הכסף

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

maffew buildings posted:

wow, I can't think of any outcome here other than the US reaffirms it's commitment to Israel and passes legislation to provide another 2 billion in defense aid immediately

I’m so sick of this trope, as a Jew.

אתה יודע שזה יהיה פי עשרה מזה

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
My (last) Rabbi is assuring me these are “Liberal reform pro Palestinian “Israelis” protesting”

He’s an unhinged Trumper.

That was a depressing series of texts.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

I laughed, at least.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Stultus Maximus posted:

99% of mass shooters are angry white dudes but now we've got a real problem!

Not saying it’s right but as far as the ME report is gonna say, this was perpetrated by an angry white man. Who got got by actual cops, not whatever the gently caress those hundreds of boys in Uvalde want to call themselves.

Unless she was post op. I think. It’s been a while since I binged SVU. Also, SVU is fictional and takes place not just in a different state, but reality itself. I say that, because the same could be said of Tennessee itself.

gently caress this person for what they did, and what will come of it.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

MrMojok posted:

I only ate it for the nutrients. I was never enjoying it.

The number of calories you eat when eating pussy has less to do with nutrients and how much you enjoy it, and more to do with how she wipes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Trump indicted In manhattan. Lol