Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will cause the heavyweight title to stay vacant this time?
This poll is closed.
Jon Jones goes on a pre-fight bender in Vegas 3 8.11%
Jon Jones goes on a post-fight bender in Vegas 1 2.70%
Jon Jones goes on a mid-fight bender in Vegas 4 10.81%
Jon Jones tests positive for supercocaine, which USADA spends the next three months pretending is normal 18 48.65%
A well-fought majority draw 1 2.70%
No Contest on account of simultaneous dick kicks 10 27.03%
Total: 37 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

DoombatINC posted:

Do they not have a fight lined up for Big Ben yet and that's why it just says "also featuring" or is he doing a half hour lounge set between the main and co-main

its gonna be francis, but shh, dont tell anyone, its a secret

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Fight Week, Pet Week - UFC 285 Edition

Mateusz Gamrot's big dog

Jalin Turner's also big dogs

Jamie Picket's Cane Corso, Khan

Bo Nickal and Saint

Cody Garbrandt and his dog

Marc-Andre Barriault and Nixon

Jessica Penne with Astraea and Grace

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Knee jerk reaction is to say Stipe, knowing he hasn't fought in a few years (though he's both fought and won more recently than Jones), but yknow, UFC seems to be dicking him around, too

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

The future of the UFC is clear:

Every event at the Apex

All fighters are on their initial 10/10 Contender Series contracts

Any fighter that attempts to negotiate is released.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I think the other thing is they own the Apex and it's already set up production wise so they don't have to pay to rent a venue and get lighting, the cage, etc set up how they want

Also, sometimes a robotic oligarch like Zuckerberg will buy out the place so he can feel like Shao Khan watching over the fighters

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Did he weigh in with a gun in his pants?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

P sure its a reference to Gane becoming interim champ by beating Lewis and then getting back into title contention by beating Tuivasa

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Also Chris Barnett is the fattest man in the division.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

NFL league minimum for a rookie is $750k, and that number goes up the more years in the league the player has

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

:siren: B League Preview :siren:

Bellator 292 - Friday, March 10

Main Card - 10 PM ET, ShowTime

Lightweight Title and Grand Prix Quarterfinal - Usman Nurmagomedov vs “Smooth” Benson Henderson

Usman is 16-0 with 8 TKO and 5 submission wins. He’s 5-0 in Bellator, most recently capturing the belt over Patricky Pitbull by an extremely wide margin in November.

Henderson is 30-11, with 3 TKO and 11 submission wins. He’s the former interim and unified WEC Lightweight champion, and the former UFC Lightweight champion, tied with the most successful consecutive defenses at three. However, those days are a decade old at this point.

Well, well, well. What do we have here? Looks like another Dagestani sambo practitioner up and won himself a world lightweight title. Seems to happen quite often. Seems a little convenient, don’t you think? Anyway, Usman should win this, he’s younger, more athletic, and has shown to be very good. However, remember to never count out Bendo’s ability to win a contentious split decision!

Lightweight Grand Prix Quarterfinal - Tofiq Musayev vs Alexander “Peresvet” Shabily

Musayev is 20-4, with 16 TKO and 2 submission wins. He went 5-1 in Rizin, winning the Lightweight Grand Prix, but falling short in a bid for the inaugural Lightweight title. He is now 1-0 in Bellator, knocking out Sidney Outlaw in 27 seconds last July.

Shabily is 22-3, which isn’t too Shabily at all. I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m trying to remove it. He has notched 11 wins by TKO and 7 by submission. He’s currently riding a 7-fight win streak, including his last 3 in Bellator, most recently putting away Brent Primus in the second round last June.

Of the former Bellator champs they’ve beaten, I think Shabily’s win over Primus is more impressive than Musayev’s over Patricky Pitbull.

Heavyweight - Valentin Moldavsky vs Linton “The Swarm” Vassell

Moldavsky is 11-2, with 1 TKO and 3 submission wins. He went 3-1 in Rizin, losing in the semi-finals of the Heavyweight Grand Prix in 2016. He is 6-1 in Bellator, his lone blemish coming in his attempt to unify his interim Heavyweight Title with Ryan Bader’s regular belt. His most recent bout was a No Contest after he poked Steve Mowry in the eye just under one minute into the bout.

Vassell is 23-8, with 9 TKO and 9 submission wins. He is 11-5 in Bellator, twice failing to capture the Light Heavyweight title, once against Emanuel Newton, once against Ryan Bader. Vassell is currently on a 4-fight win streak, with three TKO stoppages.

This is a rematch from 2019 that saw Moldavsky take a 29-27 decision. Who has improved more? Moldavsky has beat up Javy Ayala, Roy Nelson, and Tim Johnson, then lost to Ryan Bader. Vassell has bested Sergei Kharitonov, Ronny Markes, Tyrell Fortune, and also Tim Johnson. Fortune is probably either man’s best win since their original meeting, which isn’t saying a lot.

Welterweight - Michael “Venom” Page vs Goiti Yamauchi

Page is 20-2, boasting 11 KO and 4 submission wins. He is 16-2 in Bellator, most recently losing a split decision for the interim Welterweight title last May.

Yamauchi is 28-5 with 3 TKO and 21 submission wins. He’s 14-4 in Bellator, currently on a 3-fight win streak, including knocking out Neiman Gracie last August.

It’s one thing to knock out a Gracie, they are bad at all non-grappling aspects of MMA, but Page is an adept counter striker. Yamauchi will need to engage his grappling if he’s going to win, and I really hope he wins.

Prelim Card - 7 PM ET, YouTube

Bantamweight - Erik “Goyito” Perez vs Enrique “El Fuerte” Barzola

Perez is 20-8, with 5 TKO and 8 submission wins. He had a very solid 7-2 UFC record, defeating the likes of uh, Ken Stone, Byron Bloodworth, and Taylor Lapilus. He’s currently 1-2 in Bellator, having gotten back to the win column with a decision over Blaine Shutt in 2021. He’s pulled out of a pair of fights since then, so let’s hope he makes it to the Circlegon this time.

Barzola is 18-7 with 5 TKO and 4 submission wins. He went 5-0 in Peru’s Inka FC, competing on such cards as Inka FC 25: No to Racism, and Inka FC 26: Jon Jones en Lima (Pretty sure Jones prefers Bogota). He won TUF: Latin America 2, and went 6-3 in UFC proper. He’s 2-2 in Bellator, defeating Darrion Caldwell as his most impressive win, but has dropped his last two bouts.

Like ships passing in the night, these two UFC alums never met in the world famous Octagon, with Barzola joining the roster in late 2015 and Perez out the door by the end of 2016. They will finally do battle where all great warriors yearn to compete, Bellator’s Circlegon!

Bantamweight - “Gentleman” Josh Hill vs “The Mean Green Fighting Machine” Cass Bell

Hill is 21-5 with 5 TKO and 4 sub wins. He went 1-1 on TUF 18, losing to Mike Wooten (More like Mike Who-ten). He went 2-2 in WSoF, dropping a pair of fights to Marlon Moraes. He is 3-2 in Bellator, losing his most recent bout to Marcos Breno in August.

Bell is 6-2 with 1 TKO and 3 submission wins., with all of his pro fights taking place in Bellator. He bounced back from a pair of losses to take a split decision over Jared Scoggins at the end of 2022.

In a rare turn of events, Hill is the younger, yet far more experienced fighter, as Bell didn’t turn pro until he was 31. Both guys are in their mid-30s, so hooray for aging Bantamweights.

Lightweight - Islam Mamedov vs Shamil “The Chechen Wolf” Nikaev

Mamedov is 22-2, with 4 TKO and 10 submission wins. He went 4-0 in WSoF and PFL, but he had to pull out of the 2018 tournament between the quarter-final and semi-final rounds, which were on the same night, and went to a Majority Draw in the 2019 quarter-finals, losing out on moving to the next round after the arcane oracles determined his opponent, Loik “Jaguar Paw” Radzhabov was a lot cooler. Mamedov is 2-1 in Bellator, beating Brent Primus, but dropping a split decision to Benson Henderson (See, Usman, see how easy it can happen?). He’s currently on a 2-fight win streak, stopping off in Eagle FC to briefly destroy Zach Zane inside of two minutes before heading back to Bellator to decision Nick Browne in October.

Before I go into the record regurgitation, I have to admit this: When I first looked at Nikaev’s profile page, I misread his nickname as “The Chicken Wolf”. I don’t want any confusion that I possess even a shred of knowledge, I am fully, powerfully dumb. Anyway, he is 10-0, with a single, lone, sad submission win to his name. Nikaev is 1-0 in Bellator, but that was in 2020, and he has not fought since then.

Nikaev’s best win is probably Alexander “Tiger” Sarnavskiy, but that was about 5 years past the height of his power in Bellator. Mamedov’s got a win over former champ Brent Primus, but it was a split decision, and you can’t make me rewatch that fight to see how it actually played out. Heck off.

Fight appears to have been cancelled.

Middleweight - Khalid Murtazaliev vs Tony Johnson

Murtazaliev is 16-3, boasting 13 TKO wins. He went 1-0 in UFC, beating CB Dolloway into a second round retirement, then he failed a pair of drug tests, got suspended for two years and was released. Khalid is 2-1 in Bellator, most recently winning by ground and pound in October.

Johnson is 9-3 with 5 TKO wins. He went 0-1 in Strikeforce, losing by first round submission in 2008 on a card that was headlined by Bobby Southworth losing the Light Heavyweight title to Babalu Sobral. He notched a win on the Contender Series in 2019, but it was by decision, so clearly he’s worthless. He’s 2-1 in Bellator, having lost his most recent fight in 2021.

Johnson’s got some big gaps in his resume. He had five fights between 2007 - 2008, didn’t fight again until 2011, just once. Then he returned in 2013, again, for a single bout, then came back again in 2017. He had a decent run of four fights from 2017 to 2019, but then that Covid thing happened in 2020.

Light Heavyweight - Julius Anglickas vs Dovletdzhan Yagshimuradov

Anglickas is 10-3, with 3 TKO and 4 submission wins. He’s 3-2 in Bellator, having dropped his last two bouts to Vadim Nemkov and Phil Davis.

Yagshimuradov is 19-7, with 12 TKO and 4 submission wins. He went 9-4 in Oplot (Oplot Never Die, except when it is brought to The Hague for its war crimes tribunal). He’s 1-2 in Bellator, having dropped his first two bouts in the company, but bouncing back with a second round TKO over Rafael Carvalho.

The enduring memory of Anglickas that has been seared into my brain is Vadim Nemkov beating the poo poo out of him but being unable to get a finish for nearly 20 minutes before securing a submission late in round four. Sorry, Julius.

Bantamweight - Bobby “The Humble Warrior” Seronio III vs Alberto Garcia

Seronio III is fittingly, 3-0, with all of those fights having had taken place in Bellator. In those, he won the middle bout by stoppage, getting a second round KO.

Garcia is 2-0, winning his pro debut by retirement after the first round, but it was oddly a three-minute round.

Both guys have beat Miguel Peimbert. This is the only place to get hard hitting information about the Bellator prelims!

Featherweight - Laird Anderson vs Rogelio Luna

Anderson is 3-0, all three bouts taking place in Bellator. He has back to back finishes, a first round rear naked choke in April, and a second round crucifix TKO in November.

Luna is 1-0, having defeated Socrates Hernandez last April.

Anderson has fought some dudes with experience, which is more than can be said for Luna.

Heavyweight - Wladmir “Blanka” Gouvea vs Sean “The Apache Assassin” Tucker

Gouvea is 1-0, notching a second round TKO win in Bellator in November.

Tucker is 1-3. He is 0-1 in Bellator, having lost by second round TKO back in 2016. He’s on a one-fight win streak, but that fight was in 2019.

Looks like Tucker was brought in to lose.

Middleweight - Theo Haig vs Adam Wamsley

Haig is 1-0, securing a first round rear naked choke in Bellator last April.

Wamsley is 2-2, winning his first two bouts, but dropping his most recent pair of fights.. However, he has not fought since April 2021.

Time for Haig to beat up his promotionally appointed canman.

Welterweight - Dupree Stewart vs Demetri Georgiades

Stewart is making his pro debut, having gone 5-0 as an amateur.

Georgiades is also making his professional debut, though he went 2-2 on the unpaid circuit.

Two little baby fights just trying to crawl their way towards competency.

LobsterMobster fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Mar 7, 2023

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Fight Week, Pets Week kicks off with Bellator 292

Goyito Perez with his Xolo

Josh Hill shows off his wiener

Laird Anderson and Bojii

Sean Tucker with his pal

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Fight Week, Pet Week - UFC: Yan vs Dvalishvili edition

Raphael Assuncao's dogs

Josh Fremd's dogs

Tony Gravely's cat

Bruno Silva's dogs

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

i wish i could muster the give a care to write up Friday Fights again, but One is usually very bad at even providing card information until like two days before the event

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Uh oh, someone made a whoopsie

https://twitter.com/BigMarcel24/status/1634264452039057427?t=zwlw7DWYmTAGf-ee3hKvDw&s=19

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

BlindSite posted:

His belly looks like a disappointed face.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

this is just sad, man

https://twitter.com/MrMWells/status/1634760453208395777

https://twitter.com/MrMWells/status/1634760455393517569

these people did not tweet that. those tweets are lies

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

A Passing Feeling posted:

Feel like Usman is going to regain his belt this weekend. I really like Leon Edwards but can't help but see him as one of the few people who wins fights and actually lowers his stock in the process (thoroughly beat Diaz but my prevailing image from that fight is him getting rocked and almost losing in the final round; won the championship after being thoroughly dominated by Usman but landing a beautiful kick at the very end). A slightly more prepared Usman is going to be ready for that kick, with added fire and motivation to get the title back. IMO Usman is just a much better overall fighter.

Anyway, I'll be back when Edwards wins by Round 1 submission because it's MMA and nothing makes sense.

I think Usman should win, but he's 35 and his knees are just little piles of dust scraping against each other, so I am doubtful

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Merab is cool and I hope the UFC bookers give him a run with the Intercontinental title while he has "Aljo's bodyguard" gimmick

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

i meant to watch fights for film study but i uh didn't

:siren: b league preview :siren:

Invicta 52 - Wednesday, March 15

Main Card - 8 PM ET, YouTube, AXS TV

Strawweight Title - Valesca “Tina Black” Machado vs Danni “Mac” McCormack

Machado is 12-3 with 4 TKO and one submission win. She is on a four fight winning streak, including her 3 most recent bouts, all taking place in Invicta. She won the vacant 115 lb title in a one-night tournament back in November, winning a pair of decisions.

McCormack is 6-2 with one TKO and one submission win. She went 4-1 in Bellator, making her pro debut there in 2019. She had hit a two fight losing skid, but bounced back with a win in her Invicta debut last November.

Machado’s got decent kickboxing, which means an Irish is going to have to look to grapple to win. Yikes!

Strawweight - Karolina “Polish Assassin” Wojcik vs Ediana “Mel Pitbull” Silva

Wojcik is 10-3 with 2 TKO wins. She had been riding a five-fight win streak until she lost to Machado in the finals of the Strawweight title tournament in November, putting her at 1-1 in Invicta.

Silva is 12-3, boasting 5 wins by TKO and 3 by submission. She made her Invicta debut in the title tournament last year, losing to Machado in the first round by split decision.

A pair of Machado Title Tournament victims squaring off, but far more importantly, another battle in the raging war between Assassins and Pitbulls. Will this carnage ever end?

Strawweight - Minna “Brutsku” Grusander vs Shauna “Mama B” Bannon

Grusander is 6-4 with 3 TKO and 2 submission wins. She is 1-2 in Invicta, dropping a pair of Atomweight title bids against Jinh Yu Frey, and is currently on a 3-fight losing streak.

Bannon is 4-0 with two wins by TKO. She is 1-0 in Invicta.

It could be my own bias for Invicta being a reputable, well-run organization, but I feel like they don’t tend to book many obvious squash matches. This feels like a squash match. You’ve got the undefeated fighter taking on the person on a three-fight skid.

Bantamweight - Montserrat “Monster” Rendon vs Maria Jose “Leona” Favela

Rendon is 5-0, with all of her fights going the distance. She is 1-0 inside the Invicta cage.

Favela is 4-2 with one TKO and one submission win. She is 0-2 in Invicta, but has bounced back to win two fights in a row to close out 2022.

Since it looks like Montserrat “Mad Conejo” Ruiz isn’t fighting any more (Last fight in 2021, nothing announced since she withdrew from a 2021 bout), I guess we must turn our hopes and dreams on Montserrat “Monster” Rendon.

Never mind, this fight is off. We’ll never get any more Montserrat action in the cage.

Strawweight - Fatima “The Archangel” Kline vs Natasha “Kuzya” Kuziutina

Kline is 3-0 with one TKO and one submission win. Her entire pro career has taken place under the Invicta banner.

Kuziutina is 1-0, winning her pro debut by first round armbar in November. She’s also a bronze medalist in Judo at the 2016 Olympic games.

Kline has shown to be a solid fighter. However, a bronze medal Judoka with a penchant for quick armbars? Uh oh!

Strawweight - Sayury Canon vs Amanda Macioce

Canon is 2-0 with one TKO victory. She hasn’t fought since 2021, but was scheduled to compete in January at Invicta 51, but her opponent missed weight, scraping the bout.

Macioce is 1-0, winning her pro debut by TKO just 20 seconds into the first round.

Aww, look at the little baby fighters with barely any fights on their resumes. Hope they both have fun out there!

Featherweight - Ramona Pascual vs Kaylee Vos

Pascual is 6-5 with 4 TKO and one submission win. She went 0-3 in UFC from February through November of 2022. Prior to that, she won her Invicta debut in January 2022, notching a TKO stoppage in the opening minute.

Vos is 2-2, with both wins coming by decision. Her last scheduled bout was October 2021, but her last actual fight was April 2021.

Pascual has hit a rough patch in her career, while Vos simply hasn’t fought in two years. Not that the UFC boasts any kind of reputable women’s featherweight division, but I don’t think Vos is on the level of the people that beat Pascual.

This fight is also canceled.

Bantamweight - Calie “The Honey Badger” Cutler vs Mayra Cantuaria

Cutler is 7-6, with 2 TKO and 2 submission wins. She’s also 0-1 in each Bareknuckle Boxing and Muay Thai. She hasn’t fought since a 2019 decision win. Quite a long layoff.

Cantuaria is 9-5 with 2 TKO and 3 sub wins. Cantuaria is on a 2-fight losing streak, her last win coming in 2021.

Cantuaria is on a skid, but at least she’s been active recently.

Strawweight - Diana Sanchez vs Kendra McIntyre

Sanchez is 1-1, winning her pro debut by first round rear naked choke in October 2022. She had a very quick turnaround, fighting 14 days later and losing by TKO.

McIntyre is making her pro debut, and doesn’t appear to have an amateur record.

Two very untested fighters entering the Invicta cage to kick things off.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Fight Week, Pet Week begins with Invicta 51

Valesca Machado's dog

Danni's McCormack pack

Karolina Wojcik's pup

Natasha Kuziutina got a cat

Calie Cutler's friend, Binky

Mayra Cantuaria's dog

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

GDT for the weekend. yes, Invicta right now counts as the weekend

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4027131

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Fight Week, Pets Week - UFC 286 edition!

Casey O'Neill's Ghost Malone (P4P best face???)

Jack Shore and his menacing guard dogs

Makwan Amirkhani with Kingi and Konna

Omar Morales's dog

Joanne Wood's pup

Luana Carolina's pair of pups

L'udovit Klein's dog

Juliana Miller's pooch

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

willie_dee posted:

Jeff Molina ufc flyweight has come out as Bi on twitter

Good for him, but unfortunate how it happened, which was not on his terms

(turns out someone leaked a video of him doing a sex on a man so he issued a statement)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

while looking for brazil's national anthem i ran across this quote that made me remember that woodley / thompson had one of the most dog poo poo tedious title fights in history. in any division. so naturally they had no choice but to run it back. not with any plan to keep everyone awake or whatever like electrified octagon walls. just them in a cage for 5 more rounds. i remember anger at this booking because it was somehow obvious to me that these two aren't capable of fighting each other in a way people would want to watch.

anyway, all rise.

didn't want to gently caress my wife
had no testes all my life

had it bad, fever, dengue
we cannot roll if you are gay

was too well trained, my knee was sprained
had the flu, was feeling drained

it was not roids, 'twas novodex
off to japan, where they don't test

i hurt my back and my knees too
failed a drug test from barbeque

isn't it traditionally sung by oompa loompas that are then slaughtered by a BOPE hit squad

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

:siren: b league preview time! :siren:

ONE Fight Night 8 - Friday, March 25

Main Card - 10 PM ET

Bantamweight Title (Kickboxing) - Superlek “The Kicking Machine” Kiatmoo9 vs Rodtang “The Iron Man” Jitmuangnon

Superlek is 131-29 in kickboxing. In 2012 he was the Sports Authority of Thailand Fighter of the Year, as well as the Lumpinee Stadium 115 lb champ, and in 2013 he was Lumpinee’s 118 lb champion. In ONE, he’s 9-1, is the current “Flyweight” kickboxing world champion.

Rodtang is 270-42 in kickboxing. He is 13-0 in ONE, and is the current “Flyweight” Muay Thai champion, with four successful defenses under his belt.

Holy poo poo, y’all. We get a Superlek fight AND a Rodtang fight, and it’s the same fight? This is gonna whip so much rear end, you’ll probably go blind. :krad:

Strawweight Title (Muay Thai) - Allycia Rodrigues vs Janet “JT” Todd

Rodrigues won the title by majority decision over Stamp Fairtex back in 2020. She was scheduled to defend against Todd at the end of 2022, but Janet tested positive for Covid, pushing it to this event. I am laying this information out here because I can’t source much else in terms of Rodrigues’s martial arts record.

Todd is 39-11 in kickboxing. She defeated Stamp Fairtex for the kickboxing title in 2020, then won the interim Muay Thai belt in 2022 while everyone was waiting for Rodrigues.

Both fighters have unfairly robbed Stamp and they are my sworn enemies. Justice for Stamp!

Strawweight - Seo Hee “Hamderlei Silva” Ham vs Itsuki “Android 18” Hirata

Ham is 25-8 with 4 TKO and 3 submission wins. She went 1-3 in UFC, probably because she’s actually an Atomweight. Ham is 3-0 in Rizin with a pair of TKO finishes, and is 2-0 in ONE. She’s currently on a 8-fight win streak, having last lost in 2016.

Hirata is 6-1 with 2 TKO and 2 submission wins. She is 5-1 in ONE, winning her most recent bout in 2022 over Heqin Lin.

I will always back Hamderlei Silva, but she is 13 years older than Hirata. Ham made her pro debut when Hirata was 8. Sheesh!

Lightweight - “Spider” Ho Taek Oh vs Akbar Abdullaev

Oh is 9-2 with 2 TKO and 5 submission wins. He is on a 7-fight win streak, his last win coming in his ONE debut last September.

Abdullaev is 8-0 with 7 TKO and 1 submission win.

Abdullaev’s got a good record, but he hasn’t fought much in the way of legitimate competition. Then again, neither has Oh. Looks like two untested guys will be each other’s first big test. Fun stuff!

Flyweight (Kickboxing) - Peimian “Fighting Rooster” Zhang vs Torepchi Dogak

Zhang is 15-2 in kickboxing. He won the 2021 Road to ONE tournament, and is 2-0 in ONE.

Dogak is a person who exists.

Kickboxing! Yay!

Flyweight (Muay Thai) - Danial “Mini T” Williams vs Rui Botelho

Williams is 24-8 as a kickboxer. He lost his only fight in ONE’s Muay Thai division to Rodtang back in 2021.

Botelho is 1-4 in ONE kickboxing and Muay Thai.

Little tiny glove Muay Thai by little tiny men. Let’s go!

Flyweight - Alex “Little Rock” Silva vs Keito Yamakita

Silva is 12-8 with 10 wins by submission. He is 11-8 in ONE and lost his most recent bout in October.

Yamakita is 7-0 with 1 TKO and 2 submission wins. He went 6-0 in Pancrase (Yes, they are Hybrid Wrestlers, how did you know?) and also won on a Shooto: Road to ONE card back in 2021. Then he went right back to Pancrase, so I guess he didn’t actually get on the Road to ONE.

Silva’s record is pretty rocky, but he’s got some wins over quality competition. Yamakita has had a bit of an easier time, at least on paper based on opponent records.

Prelim Card - 8 PM ET

Lightweight (Muay Thai) - Niclas “The Destroyer” Larsen vs Eddie Abasolo

Larsen is 47-12 in kickboxing. He looks to have gone 3-3 in Glory and is currently 0-2 in ONE kickboxing.

Abasolo is 9-3 as a pro boxer, and looks to be 2-3 in Muay Thai, according to Tapology. He is 0-1 in ONE.

One of these farangs gotta win. Watch to find out whom.

Flyweight (Muay Thai) - Ekaterina “Barbie” Vandaryeva vs Iman “Pretty Killer” Barlow

Vandaryeva is 58-10 in kickboxing. She is currently 0-3 under the ONE banner

Barlow is 96-6 in kickboxing. She’s won multiple world titles in kickboxing and Muay Thai, including World Kickboxing Association’s Muay Thai Bantamweight title, Lion Fight’s 54 kg title, and two runs as Enfusion’s 54 kg champ, racking up six successful title defenses.

Barlow has the experience and youth advantage, but Vandaryeva is bigger, and this appears to be Barlow’s first time heading up to 125 lbs.

Flyweight (Grappling) - Bianca Basilio vs Tammi Musumeci

Both these grapplers have grappling accomplishments that contain a lot of letters and medal colors. Fun stuff.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Fight Week, Pets Week - ONE on Prime edition

Sadly a little thin in terms of quantity, but what pets are there are v good

Itsuki Hirata's dog

Danial Williams has a pooch

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

holy holmes: the despair bringer

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Fight Week, Pets Week - Vera vs Sandhagen edition!

Marlon's pup

Cory's dog

He's also a Lizard Dad

Holly Holm and River

Andrea Lee's bunny

Maycee Barber's dog

Steve Peterson has a dang lemur

CJ Vergara's dog, Gimli

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

https://twitter.com/erikmagraken/status/1639715508072378368

https://twitter.com/erikmagraken/status/1639727780731695104

turns out colin oyama, the corner of the fighter getting mangled, was yelling at the commission representative to stop the fight and he was ignored

because the corner can't stop the fight by throwing in a towel in texas (though oyama says he threw a water bottle in the cage to try and get someone's attention)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

:siren: B league preview, but christ, this card is dire edition :siren:

Bellator 293 - Friday, March 31

Main Card - 10 PM ET, Showtime

Heavyweight - Marcelo Golm vs Daniel “The American Predator” James

Golm is 10-3, with 7 TKO and 3 submission wins. He went 1-3 in UFC from 2017 to 2019. He’s currently 2-0 in Bellator, both fights ending inside the distance.

James is 14-6, with 9 TKO and 4 submission wins. He’s 2-0 in Bellator, but his first bout there was his pro debut in 2014, and he didn’t return to the world famous Circlegon until 2022.

Somehow, both guys are ranked in the Heavyweight Top Ten, which shows how bereft Bellator’s Big Boi division is. This being a main event is actively making me angry. What the gently caress even are these two men.

Featherweight - “Alpha” Cat Zingano vs Leah “The Curse” McCourt

Zingano is 13-4, bringing 5 TKO and 4 submission wins to the table. She went 3-4 in UFC, finishing her Octagon career by getting kicked in her eyeball by Megan Anderson. She’s currently 3-0 in Bellator.

McCourt is 7-2 with 1 TKO and 2 submission wins. She’s 6-1 in Bellator, having lost in February of 2022, but rebounding with a win in September.

McCourt is 10 years younger and two inches taller, but she’s giving up an inch of reach. I’ve long had a soft spot in my heart for Zingano, and I really hope she wins.

Middleweight - John Salter vs Aaron Jeffery

Salter is 18-6 with 7 TKO and 10 submission wins. He had a 1-2 cup of coffee in the UFC back in 2010. Since 2015 he’s been a Bellator Boi, going 8-3. His last bout was a decision loss to current Middleweight champ, Johnny Eblen, and prior to that, he lost to then-champ Gegard Mousasi.

Jeffery is 13-3 with 9 TKO and 1 sub win. He had two bites at the Contender Series apple, losing to Brendan Allen in 2019 and Caio Borralho in 2021. He’s currently 2-0 in Bellator, both wins coming by TKO.

Salter is a seasoned submission specialist. Jeffery is a punching man who has lost to the handful of names you might have heard of on his record. However, Salter is old and has shown he can get his lights punched out.

Welterweight - Jaleel “The Realest” Willis vs Rustam “Tiger” Khabilov

Willis is 16-4, with 5 TKO wins in his career. He had one fight in Bellator in 2016, a win, but didn’t return to the Circlegon until 2020. He’s 3-2 on this new Bellator run, winning his most recent bout in December after previously dropping a pair by first round submission.

Khabilov is 24-4, with 4 TKO and 5 submission wins. He went 10-3 in UFC, but has not fought since his final UFC bout in 2019.

Khabilov is good and has faced better competition, but he’s also been out of action for a long time.

Light Heavyweight - Sullivan “Sully” Cauley vs Luke “The Gent” Trainer

Cauley is 5-0, all wins in Bellator, all wins by TKO.

Trainer is 6-1 with 3 TKO and 3 submission wins. He’s 3-1 in Bellator, rebounding from his only pro loss last May with a win in October.

Trainer has 3 inches of height and a foot-and-a-half of reach on Cauley. Cauley’s also gotten slightly better matchmaking, so this looks to be his first major test.

Prelim Card - 7 PM ET, YouTube

Lightweight - Adam “The Bomb” Piccolotti vs Mandel “Rat Garbage” Nallo

Piccolotti is 13-5 with 2 TKO and 6 submission wins. He’s 9-5 in Bellator with an additional 9 bouts that have been canceled. He’s on a one-fight losing streak, getting submitted by Mansour Barnaoui in October.

Nallo is 9-2 with 5 TKO and 4 submission wins. He’s 4-2 in Bellator, most recently winning by first round TKO in June of 2022.

I am just glad the original matchup, Nallo vs Jay Jay Wilson fell apart, because I like both of those guys too much to see them whomp upon each other. Anyway, let’s go Rat Garbage, you delightful weirdo.

Lightweight - Archie “King” Colgan vs Justin “Kid Marvelous” Montalvo

Colgan is 6-0 with 4 TKO and 1 submission win. He’s 3-0 in Bellator, most recently winning by sub-minute TKO in November.

Montalvo is 5-0 with 4 TKO victories. He is 2-0 in Bellator, his last win coming in February 2022 by first round TKO.

Two hot prospects smashing headlong into each other on barely watched prelims. Such matchmaking is the sign of a genius brain.

Welterweight - Joey “Black Ice” Davis vs “Jazzy” Jeff Creighton

Davis is 8-0 with 5 TKO wins, and every single professional bout has taken place in Bellator. However, he hasn’t fought since November 2020, a decision win over Bobby Lee.

Creighton is 6-2 with 1 TKO and 5 submission wins. He’s on a two-fight win streak, so long as you don’t count the draw that happened betwixt those bouts.

Davis has gotten the classic Bellator Soft Touch matchmaking, but Creighton hasn’t really fought any major guys, either.

Featherweight - Lucas “Skywalker” Brennan vs Josh “The Zoo Keeper” San Diego

Brennan is 7-0, with 1 TKO and 5 sub wins. He’s fought exclusively in Bellator.

San Diego is 9-4, bringing 1 TKO and 3 submission wins to the table. He had a 2-0 run in Bellator back in 2016, drifted off to Tachi Palace and Dragon House, then returned to Bellator in 2018, going 2-1 on this current run. It should be noted that this “current” run saw San Diego last fight in 2019.

Brennan is 16 years younger than San Diego and has been more active. This looks like a squash match to elevate a prospect. Sorry Mr. San Diego.

Lightweight - “Fearless” Lance Gibson Jr vs Vladimir “Vova” Tokov

Gibson is 7-0 with 3 TKO and 2 sub victories. He’s 5-0 in Bellator.

Tokov is 7-2 with a single TKO and a pair of submission wins. He’s 3-2 in Bellator, dropping his most recent bout to Jay Jay Wilson last October.

Tokov has struggled against some of the stronger tests. Gibson is still relatively untested. Let’s see who’s iron is sharper.

Featherweight - Pam “Bam” Sorenson vs Sara Collins

Sorenson is 9-5 with a single TKO and single submission win. She went 3-2 in Invicta’s cage, and is currently 1-2 in Bellator’s fenced enclosure, dropping her last two bouts.

Collins is 3-0, but hasn’t left Australia, and her opponents are a combined 3-6.

Sorenson has fallen to some top level fighters, while Collins has not even faced middling opponents. But hey, she’s 3-0, it’s not expected to be a world beater just yet. Still, feels like weird matchmaking.

Heavyweight - Christian “Pain” Edwards vs Rakim “The Boogeyman” Cleveland

Edwards is 5-2 with 2 TKOs and 1 submission. He’s fought exclusively in Bellator, and is on a two-fight skid.

Cleveland is 22-15, boasting 12 TKO and 8 sub victories. He went 1-4 in PFL and is 0-2 in Bellator.

Z-tier prelim heavyweights? Honk off, Bellator. Nobody wants this slop.

Lightweight - “Magic” Mike Hamel vs Nick “Nyquil” Browne

Hamel is 9-5 with 3 TKO wins. He went 0-3 in LFA and is 2-2 in Bellator. It’s been an interesting run for him, facing Adam Borics and Usman Nurmagomedov, and after dropping both of those, he took on the easier tests of Bryce Logan and Killys Mota. It should be noted that Hamel hasn’t fought since December 2021’s victory over Mota.

Browne is 13-2, with 3 TKO and 6 submission wins. He was 1-0 in WSoF, 3-0 in LFA, and is 2-1 in Bellator, losing only to Islam Mamedov.

Other than his nickname, Browne’s got everything going for him. He’s a better finisher, he’s fought and beat better competition, and he’s been active more recently.

120 lb Catchweight - “Rose City Phoenix” Randi Field vs Ashley “Smashley” Cummins

Field is 3-1, with 1 TKO and 1 sub win. She is 1-1 in Bellator, bouncing back from a loss to Sumiko Inaba with a victory over Maraya Miller last April.

Cummins is 7-6 with 2 submission wins. She went 1-0 in Bellator back in 2016. She has a 4-6 Invicta record, going 1-3 as a Strawweight from 2012 to 2014, then going 3-3 as an Atomweight, including two failed attempts to win the vacant title. She has not fought since 2020, and has not won since 2018.

Cummins hasn’t done much of anything recently, so I don’t expect her to do much of anything here.

Bantamweight - Bryce “Misfit” Meredith vs Brandon Carrillo

Meredith is a 3-0 former college wrestleman with 2 TKO and one submission win, all in LFA.

Carrillo is 1-0, winning his debut by first round TKO.

Both guys are extremely green, but at least Bryce has beat people who have won a MMA fight before.

Strawweight - Maria “Mouse” Henderson vs Mackenzie “Macjudo” Stiller

Henderson is 1-0, winning her debut by submission last July. She is also the wife of retired fighter Benson Henderson.

Stiller is 4-0 as an amateur, all four wins coming by first round submission.

Macjudo is a terrible nickname. Anyway, expect tiny grapple times from the brand new fighters.

Welterweight - Khonry Gracie vs David “Dynamite” Pacheco

Gracie is 2-2, with one sub win. All of his bouts have taken place in Bellator. He lost his most recent outing in 2020, and in true Gracie fashion, he skulked away for a few years to hide his shame.

Pacheco is 1-1, winning his pro debut by first round TKO. Both of his fights have taken place in Bellator, the most recent coming in 2020. He also had some kickboxing bouts since then.

All Gracies deserve nothing but derision and scorn.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Fight Week! Pets Week!

In a shocking twist and possible betrayal, Cat Zingano has dogs. Several dogs. Many of dogs

John Salter has dogs. And a horse and whatever a "mulicorn" is.

Pam Sorenson's pup

Joey Davis has a lil Frenchy

Lance Gibson, Akita enjoyer

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

:siren: b league preview - oh, this thing is back? ok then :siren:

PFL 2023 #1 - Saturday, April 1

Main Card - 9 PM ET, ESPN

Featherweight - Brendan Loughnane vs “Magic” Marlon Moraes

Loughnane is 26-4 with 13 TKO and 2 submission wins. He’s 8-1 overall in PFL, currently on a 4-fight win streak that saw him claim the 2022 title.

Moraes is 23-11 with 10 TKO and 6 submission wins. He’s lost 5 in a row, all by TKO stoppage.

This loving sucks, man. Marlon was retired for about ten minutes and then joined PFL and got knocked out by Sheymon Moraes. He needs to just stop.

Light Heavyweight - Rob “Razor” Wilkinson vs Thiago “Marreta” Santos

Wilkinson is 17-2, boasting 9 TKO and 7 sub wins. He’s 4-0 in PFL, capturing the 2022 title.

Santos is 22-11 with 1 sub and 15 TKO wins. He finished his UFC run 14-10, losing his final two bouts.

Two big punching punchmen gonna punch each other. Hooray!

Light Heavyweight - Krzysztof Jotko vs Will Fleury

Jotko is 24-6, with 5 TKO and 2 sub wins. He went 11-6 in UFC, losing his final bout to Brendan Allen in October.

Fleury is 11-3 with 2 TKO and 3 submission wins. He went 4-2 in Bellator, and is 1-0 in PFL.

UFC castoff versus Bellator castoff, let’s go!

Featherweight - Movlid “Killer” Khaybulaev vs Ryoji Kudo

Kaybulaev is 19-0 with 2 subs and 6 TKO wins. He’s gone 5-0 in PFL with 1 draw and 1 No Contest. He won the 2021 title, but hasn’t competed since then.

Kudo is 11-4 with 7 TKO wins. He went 1-2 in PFL, losing to Bubba Jenkins in August.

Khaybulaev has looked very impressive, but is he going to be a Rusty Randy?

Featherweight - “The Long Island Killer” Chris Wade vs Bubba “Bad Man” Jenkins

Wade is 22-8 with just 2 TKO and 5 sub wins. He had a 5-2 UFC record, and is currently 10-5 in PFL. He lost in the 2022 playoffs to eventual champ Brendan Loughnane.

Jenkins is 19-6 with 6 TKO and 4 submission wins. He’s 5-2 in PFL, losing in the tournament finals to Loughnane.

This is a rematch of a 2021 matchup that saw Wade claim a decision victory.

Prelim Card - 6 PM ET, ESPN+

Light Heavyweight - Marthin “The Dark Horse” Hamlet vs Mohammad “The Latest” Fakhreddine

Hamlet is 10-4 with 3 each of TKO and sub wins. He is 4-3 in PFL, most notably losing the 2021 tournament championship to Shoeface.

Fakhreddine is 15-4 with 1 sub and 12 TKOs. He appears to have fought at Welterweight through about 2018, Middleweight until 2020 and only made his way to 205 lbs in 2021.

Hamlet has probably faced the better competition thus far, as it looks like Fakhreddine has mostly fought just an assortment of Some Men.

Light Heavyweight - Josh Silveira vs Sam “K9” Kei

Silveira is 9-1, with 3 TKO and 5 sub wins. He had a 5-0 run in LFA before heading to PFL in 2022, going 2-1, losing in the playoffs to Omari Akhmedov.

Kei is 8-6 with 4 TKO wins. He’s 0-1 in PFL, losing to Juan Adams in June.

Kei is out here losing to low level Heavyweights. Silveira is beating mid-level Light Heavyweights. Let’s see which of these guys is More Bad (Spoiler alert: It’s gonna be Kei).

Featherweight - Alejandro “El Gallito” Flores vs Daniel “Tucanao” Torres

Flores has a record of 21-4, with 7 TKO and 2 submission wins. He is 2-1 in PFL, most recently losing to Ryoji Kudo by first round KO in June.

Torres is 14-5, with one submission and 7 TKOs. He went 5-2 in KSW, including capturing the Featherweight title in 2021. He’s currently on a two fight win streak.

I’m just going to be chanting “Flores! Torres!” over and over until the fight ends.

Featherweight - Sung Bin “Korean Falcon” Jo vs Jesus “El Mudo” Pinedo

Jo is 10-2 with 6 TKO and 4 submission wins. He lost to Daniel Teymur in his only UFC appearance in 2019, and lost to Tyler Diamond in his only PFL appearance in 2021. He rebounded from those setbacks with a win this past January.

Pinedo is 20-5 with 11 TKO and 4 submission wins. He went 6-2 in Peru’s Inka Fighting Championship, including an appearance at Inka 25: No to Racism. He went 1-1 in UFC, and is currently riding a 4-fight win streak.

Both guys have really cleaned up on the regional scene, but have stumbled significantly when facing more international competition. Is it possible for both guys to stumble against each other?

Light Heavyweight - Delan Monte vs Ty “Big Medicine” Flores

Monte is 9-3, with 6 TKO and 3 sub finishes. He went 1-2 in PFL in 2022, losing to Shoeface and Rob Wilkinson, but he did manage to TKO Emiliano Sordi.

Flores is 11-4 with 2 TKO and 3 submission wins. He lost to Geoff Neal early in his career, then lost to Dustin Jacoby on the Contender Series. He’s currently on a two fight win streak.

It’s hard to find much to say about two guys who are most assuredly not going to even come close to sniffing the PFL Playoffs. PFlayoffs.

Light Heavyweight - Cory Hendricks vs “Tshilobo” Impa Kasanganay

Hendricks is 9-5 with 3 TKO and 5 submission wins. Cory was knocked out of TUF 23 due to a neck injury and instead fought on the finale undercard, losing his UFC debut by majority decision. That was his only time inside the World Famous Octagon. He’s gone 1-1 in both the 2021 and 2022 PFL seasons.

Kasanganay is 11-3 with 2 TKO and 3 submission wins. He notched a 2020 win on the Contender Series and then went 2-2 in UFC proper, most famously being on the receiving end of Joaquin Buckley’s jump spin kick. He’s currently on a two-fight win streak, including a first round TKO on the PFL Challenger Series to get him this opportunity.

Both men looking for redemption at the end of 4oz gloves.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Fight Week, Pets Week - PFL edition

Brendan Loughnane and his Dognane

Ryoji Kudo's cat

Ty Flores's dog

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

The first names are also usually a nickname

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Bellator, PFL both this weekend, but only Fight Circus has the honesty to declare their fights will be awkward slopfests

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

if you are a sicko pervert freak, you can talk about bellator and pfl and other stuff in this gdt

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4028749