Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
No YOU tell ME about being an adult virgin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Buce posted:

Day 11,347

Didn't gently caress a human woman today, again. Scrounged around the ruins of a grocery store for scraps. Jerked off to an aunt jemima syrup bottle. Bottle was empty. Making good progress on flexibility -- hope to suck my own dick within the next month or so. Signing off.

Why are you quoting the Tucker Carlson diaries?

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

I was (more) socially inept as a late teen and early 20 something. I was also badly dressed and had stupidly high standards.

Then in my mid 20s I lived somewhere with legalized sex work so I stopped caring completely and got nearly morbidly obese.

Looking back there's a girl I used to work with in my early 20s who was almost always looking at me any time I looked up at her. Never did anything because I be thought I could do "better" if I waited and got swole. I deserved to be slapped silly for being such an idiot. She was cute :smith:

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I was 16 lmao

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Neither of us came because it's too cold in February to be trying to gently caress in the woods.

Still remember it fondly he was a good dude

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Benny Harvey posted:

I was (more) socially inept as a late teen and early 20 something. I was also badly dressed and had stupidly high standards.

Then in my mid 20s I lived somewhere with legalized sex work so I stopped caring completely and got nearly morbidly obese.

Looking back there's a girl I used to work with in my early 20s who was almost always looking at me any time I looked up at her. Never did anything because I be thought I could do "better" if I waited and got swole. I deserved to be slapped silly for being such an idiot. She was cute :smith:

That's the thing about ridiculous lopsided standards, I think a lot of people have them as a defense mechanism. Like you have this subconscious block that protects you from trying and failing(or, even scarier, succeeding) with someone in your "weight class" by convincing yourself that your only goal is sex with Hollywood hot models. Because when they turn you down it's because they're too shallow or you're understandably fat or whatever instead of a normal/"ugly" person shooting you down because then you have to do some introspection. I noticed it in a lot of...ok I tried googling a modern term for it but...Fag Hags(I can say it my husband is trans?) back in the day when they'd exclusively develope crushes on their GBFs because ultimately they couldn't have them through no fault of their own.

The whole thing is a bummer because I know from experience those little hang ups (he's chubby, she's got acne, I keep staring at their crooked tooth) fade in time and you really can grow to find someone attractive if you give their other traits a chance.

Sgt. Politeness fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Mar 6, 2023

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

:blastu: :cumpolice:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
call me old fashioned but i only gently caress with hoes who rock dolce & gabana

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Sgt. Politeness posted:

That's the thing about ridiculous lopsided standards, I think a lot of people have them as a defense mechanism. Like you have this subconscious block that protects you from trying and failing(or, even scarier, succeeding) with someone in your "weight class" by convincing yourself that your only goal is sex with Hollywood hot models. Because when they turn you down it's because they're too shallow or you're understandably fat or whatever instead of a normal/"ugly" person shooting you down because then you have to do some introspection. I noticed it in a lot of...ok I tried googling a modern term for it but...Fag Hags(I can say it my husband is trans?) back in the day when they'd exclusively develope crushes on their GBFs because ultimately they couldn't have them through no fault of their own.

The whole thing is a bummer because I know from experience those little hang ups (he's chubby, she's got acne, I keep staring at their crooked tooth) fade in time and you really can grow to find someone attractive if you give their other traits a chance.

You know I was going to disagree with you on the grounds that this girl seemed a cert. But then I saw you added "or even scarier, succeeding" and drat...

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

OP, very few people seem to be taking your question seriously, so I'll try to lend a hand.

I lost my virginity as a teenager, but an examination of some notable subforums indicates that adult virgins get super into politics and--regardless of their specific political orientation--start to believe that womens' romantic preferences are dictated by abstract political concepts instead of things like emotional maturity, confidence, and hygiene.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
If you can't handle me at my worst you don't deserve me at my best

Lemon Trees
Dec 19, 2022

Cool Cucumber

CyprianLatewood posted:

something I've been curious about is like where do people even meet other people these days? even before covid i don't think people were meeting strangers in bars or whatever aside from like random hookups, and it seems like I'm not attractive enough for online dating. every match I've ever had has been a mistaken swipe, a fake account, or someone who unmatches after a day or so, even when they actually sounded interested in meeting me some time.

Everyone I've known in real life has met their partner in school or work, and I've been out of school for a couple years and work is not an option for a variety of reasons. If I'm being honest the loneliness is a lot worse than the celibacy, by like an order of magnitude. I guess that's not what this thread is about though.

Have you tried Meetup? I've also used local groups on Facebook.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Lost my virginity at 24, didn't enjoy it that much. Haven't had sex in the 14 years since. So I'd say I'm virgin-adjacent. At some point I had to conclude I was asexual, although I tried to fight off the realization for a while.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Icochet posted:

If you can't handle me at my Eggland's worst you don't deserve me at my Eggland's best

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Visiting sex workers was brought up earlier. It's fine if you're just curious about what sex feels like but I can confirm that otherwise it doesn't really feel like it "counts". Tbh the handful of times I've kissed girls are more meaningful and fondly remembered than any bought gently caress I've had

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
Technically my penis was inside my mother’s vagina during the birthing process.

Caesarean babies are the only true virgins

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I was actually 21 when I first had full on sex. I was a late bloomer at least among my friends. I remember guys trying to pressure me into it in high school and I was too scared of it so I didn't, even though I did everything else but p in v. I was afraid it would hurt or I would get pregnant or something. When I did lose my virginity it was actually a good experience and I don't regret waiting at all. I guess it's different for girls though. But I've heard so many horror stories from people about their first time.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

get that bussy popped

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Putty posted:

Remember the formula guys

Page 1 - No content posts
Page 2 - Irony Posts
Page 3 - Goons start posting unironically

Page 5-6 - Johns show up to discuss their Johnnery

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

CyprianLatewood posted:

It seems like it would be kind of depressing. The one time i had sex was with an emotional connection with someone who I felt I really got along with pretty well, but we had both had drinks and she was a few years older than me and didn't really want to be involved after that, I think she felt like she was too old for me (I didn't think so, she was 35 and I was 29, but that's not my decision to make). Paying someone a few hundred dollars to have sex with me just feels like it would be pretty depressing overall, I would prefer to be with someone who actually wants to be with me rather than someone who's just going to work.

I don't have anything against sex workers or their clients, but it's not really what I want in life, you know? Also I'm not like wealthy or anything, I could afford to do it a couple times a month I suppose, but it's not really what I'm looking for.

You seem like a nice enough and self-aware person. I think a mental health professional could help with your sad brains.

Also do mushrooms and bang grannies & grampies

Bad Purchase posted:

grannies and grandpas are desperate for sex, they are overlooked because of their age, but actually they have a ton of experience to offer and aren’t as picky as young or middle aged men and women

often they have boomer money and will spoil you with gifts as well. if you’re having trouble losing your virginity in your 30s or 40s, i can’t recommend grannies or grandpas enough.

Flowers for QAnon fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Mar 9, 2023

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Da gently caress

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
never gonna stop give it up such a dirty mind always get it up for the touch older kind my my my wooooooooooo

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
don't knock the granussy till you've tried it is what I always say

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

I'm gay as hell and God says I can't gently caress guys

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

oh? you touch my tra la la?

edit: my ding ding dong?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i have a feeling the guy in the whistle song asking for someone to blow his whistle isnt literally talking about a whistle

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Cosmik Slop posted:

Lost my virginity at 24, didn't enjoy it that much. Haven't had sex in the 14 years since. So I'd say I'm virgin-adjacent. At some point I had to conclude I was asexual, although I tried to fight off the realization for a while.

Yeah losing one's virginity is way overrated. My own first experience was not wonderful and memorable. I think many would say the same, especially women.

Do you ever jack it or jill it? If so, you're not without sexual impulses, so "asexual" would surely be a bit strong a term for it? (No need to answer of course if it's too personal / none of our business, more a question to ask yourself anyway.) Perhaps more like your lust sexual self is awaiting a suitable target vehicle. Maybe that "special someone", who knows, there's nothing wrong with the more traditional types of sexuality/bonding ('retro' if you like) per se, they also are valid options, who has the right to judge otherwise.

If your first sexual experience left you feeling brutalized, the memory would be colouring your preferences still both consciously and unconsciously, unless you've, err, unloaded about it a lot with e.g. a good pschotherapist or counsellor. I must share more sexual history with mine soon.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Mar 10, 2023

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

BigBadSteve posted:

Yeah losing one's virginity is way overrated. My own first experience was not wonderful and memorable. I think many would say the same, especially women.

Do you ever jack it or jill it? If so, you're not without sexual impulses, so "asexual" would surely be a bit strong a term for it? (No need to answer of course if it's too personal / none of our business, more a question to ask yourself anyway.) Perhaps more like your lust sexual self is awaiting a suitable target vehicle. Maybe that "special someone", who knows, there's nothing wrong with the more traditional types of sexuality/bonding ('retro' if you like) per se, they also are valid options, who has the right to judge otherwise.

If your first sexual experience left you feeling brutalized, the memory would be colouring your preferences still both consciously and unconsciously, unless you've, err, unloaded about it a lot with e.g. a good pschotherapist or counsellor. I must share more sexual history with mine soon.

Yeah, it's sort of in a grey zone. I definitely understand sexuality and experience what I would believe would be described as sexual impulses. Used to whack it all the time when I was younger, still do of course but less so as I age. It's more that trying to have sex with someone else has always felt like a terrifying surrealistic nightmare, like being trapped in an H R Giger print. (I've stumbled across the term "achoriosexuality" which seems to fit but the whole modern craze for finding more and more narrow, specific definitions for various human poo poo leaves me kind of cold). It could very well just be my neuroses acting up, body image issues and whatnot.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Cosmik Slop posted:

Yeah, it's sort of in a grey zone. I definitely understand sexuality and experience what I would believe would be described as sexual impulses. Used to whack it all the time when I was younger, still do of course but less so as I age. It's more that trying to have sex with someone else has always felt like a terrifying surrealistic nightmare, like being trapped in an H R Giger print. (I've stumbled across the term "achoriosexuality" which seems to fit but the whole modern craze for finding more and more narrow, specific definitions for various human poo poo leaves me kind of cold). It could very well just be my neuroses acting up, body image issues and whatnot.

:hfive:

I can relate to a lot of what you're saying. I was a normal sex haver up until my early 30s, then just got over relationships or hook ups in general. Then started all sorts of brain meds to help me feel better, that basically just removed all sexual drive, mentally and physically, that I had left.

It kind of sucks. Plus the fact that I've gained a lot of weight doesn't really help with my self image.
I've made it to the gym a few times in the last couple weeks, but it is nowhere near a routine, yet.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Pretty sure asexuals aren't literally sexless eunuchs or your grandma

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Prove it! by not having sex

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Colonel Cancer posted:

Pretty sure asexuals aren't literally sexless eunuchs or your grandma

I've seen everything from "sex is an utterly baffling and alien concept to me, i have never thought or done anything sexual" to ""yeah I'm married and have sex with my spouse regularly but I don't really, y'know, vibe with it" and some of these are like uhhhhh

E: maybe we need to bring back the time honored "volcel"

Cosmik Slop fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Mar 10, 2023

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
its easy to not have sex. I do it every day

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
My memories don't go back far enough to remember being a virgin :(

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Yeah it's more of a "getting it over with" thing, both for the discomfort and awkwardness for both parties.

You can have more fun after that.

I got an adult buddy who isn't ace or gay but gets violently ill from his attempts even when the ladies are ready to roll, because anxiety.

It's super frustrating to him and kind of sad all around, and it's not like I can really offer any advice. Like, that's therapist territory. He just gave up and is still sad about it. Won't pay for it either, which I totally get.

Just kind of a bummer.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

syntaxfunction posted:

My memories don't go back far enough to remember being a virgin :(

Okay I just want to apologize for my post, I didn't see yours first.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

loaded up on boner pills

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

The Butcher posted:

Yeah it's more of a "getting it over with" thing, both for the discomfort and awkwardness for both parties.

You can have more fun after that.

I got an adult buddy who isn't ace or gay but gets violently ill from his attempts even when the ladies are ready to roll, because anxiety.

It's super frustrating to him and kind of sad all around, and it's not like I can really offer any advice. Like, that's therapist territory. He just gave up and is still sad about it. Won't pay for it either, which I totally get.

Just kind of a bummer.

That might even be something that meds would help with more than therapy. I used to get sick from anxiety like that but when I went on antidepressants it improved. Now I get that way a little bit with a new person but not as much. Obviously I don't know that guy but it's just what helped me. Unfortunately for men a lot of antidepressants cause issues with sex but I think the newer ones aren't as bad for that

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

dsf posted:

its easy to not have sex. I do it every day

Even a non-Catholic kid can do it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Prof. Crocodile posted:

OP, very few people seem to be taking your question seriously, so I'll try to lend a hand.

I lost my virginity as a teenager, but an examination of some notable subforums indicates that adult virgins get super into politics and--regardless of their specific political orientation--start to believe that womens' romantic preferences are dictated by abstract political concepts instead of things like emotional maturity, confidence, and hygiene.

Yes, but the sample size there is skewed toward men with hangups about virginity large enough to make it their identity and seek out a community to help them rationalize why. And to formulate excuses for them to never change, because to change oneself is the single hardest thing any modern person can do.