Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kale
May 14, 2010

This is pure speculation, but it kind of seems a bit like a Japanese publisher is doing that thing again that I've noticed a pattern of, where they're bringing to many cooks into the kitchen ahead of launching a game and introducing copyright snaggles and the regional locking comes with it. In this case it might be by cutting in L'Arc En Ciel, Hiroyuki Sawano and their music rights holders Sony Music Japan in on some theme songs and then suddenly Amazon Games on global publishing and thus having to sort it all out between the various companies who gets dibs on what regions profit sharings, and where x y and z songs are allowed to be played etc.

That would be my guess as to why they kind of seem to be screwing things up a bit with regard to people's expectations on a simultaneous global release after what seems like an unusually long and delayed development cycle already. I would not be shocked if the game comes out eventually in the West and they have to change up some sort of music theme or another that they just cannot sort the rights out on. It doesn't happen as often as it used to, but tends to sometimes when some 3rd party overseas publisher cannot get the usage rights transferred over to them.

Seriously though I feel like FFXIV was announced, bombed it's original version and was revamped into what it is now in less time than it took for Bandai Namco to get this game out in just Japan. I really think they made a huge mistake overcomplicating things by cutting Amazon Games into things instead of just hiking up their socks as a multinational with billions in annual revenue and doing the whole thing themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU