Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Ready to be disappointed by another anime-esque game under the watchful eyes of AGS yet again! Please keep me posted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Honestly as long I don't have to trawl public lobbies for raids on 6 different characters with this one, it should be fine. Although Lost Ark was instrumental in showing that AGS will somehow find a way to steward the game in the most annoying but still technically serviceable manner possible.

As for actually productive discussion - not sure how to feel about the fact that there's a lot of support flex but no dedicated support class. Or I guess that the closest to it is the Archer from what I was seeing in the video?

Jossar fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Mar 3, 2023

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

shimmy shimmy posted:

So when is this savior of the MMO space that will bring us all back to when we were 20 and had free time and the world was good going to actually come out? I can't find anything solid on a release date from some quick looking.

Blue Protocol FAQ posted:

Blue Protocol will be available to download for free in the second half of 2023.

So stay aware, but don't wait up.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

He also released a follow up video earlier today here.

Opening words are: "Blue Protocol is a good MMORPG... it's not the best MMORPG. It's not groundbreaking, it's not innovative, and I'm gonna go ahead here and talk about why that is."

Most of the video was just complaining about standard MMO problems (a cash shop exists, mobs don't have 100% drop rates on quest items), before pivoting back to "but despite all of that, I'm having a good time, although it doesn't do anything really new."

Which uh... I guess? But show, don't tell, buddy.

(He did get the opportunity to grief random players on the map by luring a world boss though.)