Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Witeldram
Feb 22, 2022

Elendil004 posted:

Post Abu Dhabi drivers dinner. Last year it was all 20, but some notable exceptions missing here.

George looks so weird in this pic. If I didn't know the drivers' ages and you asked me which Mercedes driver was pushing 40, I would think it was him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Elendil004 posted:

Post Abu Dhabi drivers dinner. Last year it was all 20, but some notable exceptions missing here.

Did they put Yuki in a booster seat?

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Colostomy Bag posted:

Did they put Yuki in a booster seat?

yuki is all upper body and no legs.

he was probably still high on meeting Jason Statham.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I would be too

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Elendil004 posted:

Lance dressed as if he makes a living selling high risk options.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Elendil004 posted:

Good to see there's a chapter of Binmen Anonymous in Abu Dhabi they can attend meetings for.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
heard that they been calling it Formula 1 R&&&&&

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Singapore was such a great drive

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

track day bro close the thread

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Elendil004 posted:

Danny Ric and Bottas sitting together. You just know that would be a fun time!

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

did ytou hit your head on a rock? hes not he op

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
congrats to the world champions of formula one 2023, scuderia mission winnow ferrari. they own.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Of all the things to complain about, the F1 theme is one of the best crafted sports themes currently on TV. The incorporation of the iconic nyeeooom from the sport is on a level not achieved by any other TV theme. It's great.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgiBkydMW8k

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
its loving this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAHLRVTWoRU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Max led 1003 of the 1391 GP laps this season, along with 0 DNFs. Complete dominance that probably won't be matched anytime soon, unless he does it again next year I guess.

Yeah, there's been many cars that were further ahead of the field but they all had lovely reliability. The Williams of 1992 was so far ahead of the field 3rd place was often more than a 2023 entire field behind but Mansell retired 4 times, Max only didn't win 3. Red Bull only didn't win 1 but both Williams retired twice, in fewer races.

Jeez, that just led me to glance down the list, Tarquini started 13 races in 1992. He retired from 12.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

This is so aggressively early 90s and I love it so much

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Good riddance to a bad season

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Dirk Pitt posted:

Good riddance to a bad season

yep.

someone make the off-season thread!

nerox
May 20, 2001

Rebus posted:

Goodies on their way to niethan and nerox.

International shipping is ungodly expensive.

Got my hat today, thanks Rebus!

nerox fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Nov 27, 2023

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

tony quidtana posted:

MotoGP race was compelling despite the championship being decided like 3 laps in because Martin poo poo his pants under actual pressure, I turned off the F1 race 10 laps early. Please loving fix F1 I actually like this sport when its good and not americanised show-y performative bullshit
poo poo his pants twice in close succession no less, and then everyone in front of Pecco shitted their pants too. Awful lot of pant making GBS threads going on in Spain over the weekend.

What happened with Bez where Marc crashed him out? I didn't even know that until after the race, how can they not show that five times on replay?

Also I remember when I started watching MotoGP, right around when Marc graduated up to the top, it was as boring as F1 is now. Nobody passed anybody. Jorge won every time. And then Marc won every time. Nicky and his revolving teammates were 8/9 every time. Never could have imagined the totally wacky poo poo going on since 2020. Like only 1 of the top 10 championship bikes are Japanese now. I don't think that's happened since 1963 or some poo poo.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
It is kind of insane how quickly the flip from Japanese to European manufacturers dominating happened.

I started watching 2015 (lol), the modern simplified electronics and Michelin era definitely fixed the racing because 2017 was like a crazy good season

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

nerox posted:

Got my hat today, thanks Rebus!

This is a sick hat

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Elendil004 posted:

When did Lance wake up and suddenly decided that he wanted to become sorta-hot?
Or is it a Movember thing?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

POCKET CHOMP posted:

congrats to the world champions of formula one 2023, scuderia mission winnow ferrari. they own.

This

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

thank god i don't have to watch this poo poo for three months

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

poo poo his pants twice in close succession no less, and then everyone in front of Pecco shitted their pants too. Awful lot of pant making GBS threads going on in Spain over the weekend.

What happened with Bez where Marc crashed him out? I didn't even know that until after the race, how can they not show that five times on replay?

Also I remember when I started watching MotoGP, right around when Marc graduated up to the top, it was as boring as F1 is now. Nobody passed anybody. Jorge won every time. And then Marc won every time. Nicky and his revolving teammates were 8/9 every time. Never could have imagined the totally wacky poo poo going on since 2020. Like only 1 of the top 10 championship bikes are Japanese now. I don't think that's happened since 1963 or some poo poo.

There was a race or two this year where no Honda scored a point. And I don't think there was a single race where every full time rider started.

And it's all ended with a team being kicked out of the sport.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

thank god i don't have to watch this poo poo for three months

That's the secret, we never have to but we choose to anyway.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Elendil004 posted:

Someone needs to tell Danny Ric that the ugly sweater contest isn't for a few weeks

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Pierre gasly and Carlos Sainz, two dreamboats sitting side by side

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
so from that picture are we to infer that the papaya bois weren't invited because mclaren is shutting down

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The empty chair with a bowl in front orbit makes me wonder who took the picture. Were they just 11?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Fernando presumably

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
anyone ever been to the Shanghai race? I’ve never been to china and thought that might be a fun opportunity. Tickets haven’t gone on sale yet. There’s no way it gets canned again right????

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Dudley posted:

There was a race or two this year where no Honda scored a point. And I don't think there was a single race where every full time rider started.

And it's all ended with a team being kicked out of the sport.

F1 should follow their lead and kick Red Bull out of F1 imo

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Out of a possible 620 points, Max scored 575 of them. What a poo poo season, what a poo poo sport.

Close this sham thread and let's get to the off-season one.

[edit] oh it's me, lol. See you in the next thread cowards.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

ilmucche posted:

The empty chair with a bowl in front orbit makes me wonder who took the picture. Were they just 11?

It looks like that chair is empty but they served it soup anyways. Somebody was a no show.

Thanks Ants posted:

Fernando presumably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
new thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4048259